Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 133

Thread: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

  1. #76

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    You know your night is ****ed when Petro hits a teardrop.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because we've given no reason to believe they won't? I mean, I know not everyone lives next door to Memphis and watches all their games, but c'mon, just look at the standings. They have the best starting 5 in basketball and we aren't fairing well against top tier teams this season. I mean, I'm not saying it's impossible that we'll win, but you'd be a fool to bet against it, unless given points. To go further with that, they are the better us. We want to be them. We want to have the best starting 5 (which they do), we want to have the best interior play (which they do), we want to be "smash mouth" in a way that scares top flight teams (like they do). It's not a bad thing to be worse than Memphis, especially sans Granger, but no one can logically claim we're better than them right now.
    I am no stranger to the Grizzlies. I may not watch them daily but I pay attention to them and like them a lot. As you said, they are extremely similar with our own team. There's no reason for a Pacer fan to not like the Grizzlies. We produce a quite similar product.

    Sans Granger, we are certainly worse than them. The Grizzlies are contenders in the West. There's no shame in being worse than a contender without your best player. When Granger returns we will be just like them. Contenders in the East in the same manner that they are contenders in the West. Not by star power but by building an amazing starting 5 and wearing our opponents down with our physicality.

    Therefore, I wouldn't say that the Grizzlies are the better us. They are the healthy us. I look at them and see a reflection of my beloved Pacers

    But since the Grizzlies are so much like the Pacers, I know one thing. There's always a chance against them. They don't blow teams out. They are prone to scoring droughts. And we match up well with them because we're so similar. They surely have the upper hand. But we finally get a good team in OUR court. We're good against them when we're playing in OUR court. We just cannot get it done away from home without our best player.

    I expect a dog fight. I expect a very physical and defensive-minded game. I don't expect either team to break the 100 point mark. I expect it to be close. I expect to love it

    I just don't get the whole "being abused" notion. That's all. You've expressed the opinion that we are not good as good as a rebounding team as we currently seem. You said earlier that this game will prove your point and that you expect us to be heavily out-rebounded. If the rebounding battle ends up close what are you going to say?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  5. #78
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    All the people who say Hibbert is better than Marc Gasol may get a brutal taste of medicine on Monday afternoon.

  6. #79
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All the people who say Hibbert is better than Marc Gasol may get a brutal taste of medicine on Monday afternoon.
    I don't remember anyone saying that Hibbert is better. I remember people saying that Hibbert and Gasol are similar players and thus deserve similar contracts.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  8. #80

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Man man man. What is to be done with Hibbert? He typically plays better than average defense, but he's an absolute liability on the other end of the court. He can't be 1 dimensional-- he's not Ben Wallace out there, with strength and quickness. If he can't make it happen on both ends of the court, this franchise is fcked for 4-5 yrs. Or more. I think the guy is a joke. Complete joke.

  9. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    West value is never going to be this high.

  10. #82
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    West value is never going to be this high.
    That's probably true as well
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  11. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    having a can't leave him shooter in the 2nd unit would really help
    Green?

  12. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    @PeterVecsey1: Last astounding stat courtesy of Roy Hibbert who performed like a hobbit in L 2 Atl: 1R, 0-2 FG, 21M. Would pay 2 hear Mel Daniels' thoughts

  13. #85
    A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Indy
    Age
    28
    Posts
    414

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    How many legit opportunities did Roy have to get a rebound, I remember him coming out to challenge shots (thus taking away from the basket) and ATL didn't miss much at all in the first half. What was it, like 60 something percent, not many rebounds up for grabs. Plus, we shot the ball well also, decreasing offensive rebounds. I know that 1 rebound is still bad, but, there wasn't much room for improvement in this game. I don't really recall any times he got outright beat for one ( I'm sure he did though, maybe a couple).
    As for his points, he only took two (that's 2) shots. One was like an 18 footer I believe. And with the team already doing well shooting, why would he demand touches.

    So yea, box score looks terrible, but he wasn't used/needed on offense, and didn't have many rebounding chances, and he only played 21 minutes. I actually felt that we needed him in the last few minutes.

    Well, just my 2 cents.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

    RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard_Skull For This Useful Post:


  15. #86
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,963

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Atlanta is a major bogey team for us we can never seem to beat them.

    i would be worried if we came up against them in the playoffs.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  17. #87

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Skull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many legit opportunities did Roy have to get a rebound...................... didn't have many rebounding chances.
    Well, I'll just disagree. How many times have you heard that rebounding (and defense) is all about effort and desire ?? I'll say that Hibbert never put himself in a position to get a rebound and/or just didn't want to work hard enough to get one.

    The majority of the games, he's the biggest guy on the court. A little effort, a little desire, a little hard work and he wouldn't be putting up so many of these 'WTF' games. So typical - get the big contract, kick back and relax. Look at some of the games from last year - when he was working to get the big contract. Completely different player than he is this year. He doesn't need coaching to turn things around - he needs a good, solid kick in the - choose a body part.

  18. #88

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @PeterVecsey1: Last astounding stat courtesy of Roy Hibbert who performed like a hobbit....
    Bilbo takes umbrage at that remark.
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:


  20. #89
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,527

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I'll just disagree. How many times have you heard that rebounding (and defense) is all about effort and desire ?? I'll say that Hibbert never put himself in a position to get a rebound and/or just didn't want to work hard enough to get one.

    The majority of the games, he's the biggest guy on the court. A little effort, a little desire, a little hard work and he wouldn't be putting up so many of these 'WTF' games. So typical - get the big contract, kick back and relax. Look at some of the games from last year - when he was working to get the big contract. Completely different player than he is this year. He doesn't need coaching to turn things around - he needs a good, solid kick in the - choose a body part.
    He had 3 or 4 boxouts in the first quarter that led to another Pacer getting the rebound in the first half that I saw. And then on the play following his first rebound he did it again only to have George Hill cut under and take the reboudn before he grabbed it. He was working hard, it just didn't accomplish anything.

  21. #90
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    465
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    My take on this game, specifically, was that Atlanta was shooting lights-out. They were just having a night where every shot was falling. Our defense could've been a little better, but, they were hitting EVERYTHING! Atlanta won't have too many nights like that. Meanwhile, we would get open looks, and miss.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:


  23. #91
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,825

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Hibbert played absolutely horrible. No way around it. Let alone scoring, he didnt even get rebounds.

    I really wished NBA contracts were not 100% guaranteed
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  24. #92

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    West value is never going to be this high.
    Take West off this team and we have no leader. C-ya chemistry.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:


  26. #93
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,241

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    I think some people take for granted the fact that we're still missing out most accomplished scorer from this team. I agree that our record against teams over .500 is alarming, but I'd think that ANY team that is missing their best perimeter scorer will struggle against good teams. Especially on the road.

    We have been losing to quality opponents, but it's not like we've been getting blown out of the water--or seeming like we cannot compete with that level of competition. Once Danny comes back and everything gets adjusted, we should be able to see where this team truly is. I will say this though, if we are in the running for a 4 seed by the time Danny is back; then we will be in pretty good shape.

    I'll also admit, if Roy isn't blocking shots at the rim and rebounding, then he's not a factor at this point. We've lost all confidence in his post ability (rightfully so) and he's making that contract look worse and worse everyday. Hopefully he brings that elite rim protecting defense against MEM.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  28. #94
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,527

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take West off this team and we have no leader. C-ya chemistry.
    And no more step back 3 pointers that make me yell at the screen as much as a nasty dunk lol

  29. #95

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    To be honest, Memphis is my 2 fav team. I don't see the Pacers winning this game. Would love to see it, but I wouldn't bet on it.

    The biggest problem Memphis has is they don't have a bench. They have a "worse" bench than the Pacers! Until they do get a bench, they'll only be contender, but they won't win the WCF let alone the NBA finals. They have paid Z-BO, Gay, Gasol, and Conley to where they don't have the money for a bench. Thus the reason Mayo is gone as they didn't have the money to re-sign him.

    The odd part is that the Pacers are getting into the same situation. They just gave Hibbert a max contract, gave Hill a new contract, have Granger at 13 mil, and need to re-sign DWest this off season, and PG the next. There is no way the Pacers can afford to do this and keep all 5. OKC couldn't sign Harden and had to trade him b/c of the money they had wrapped up in Durant, Ibaka, Westfall, and Perkins; and I don't see how the Pacers can keep their potential starting 5 either. You either need an owner willing to pay the LT or 3 stars and numerous low paid ring chasers like the Heat have.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  31. #96
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    You simply can't be a max contract player and have performances like this. Roy got paid, now he needs to bring it every night consistently. No one's asking for 20 and 10 every night, just consistency.

  32. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're exactly what I said we were, a fringe good team hoping getting a big piece back will make a huge impact. We are a fringe .500 team. Sorta good. Ok. A team gunning for a 7 or 8 seed hoping their one time all star will make them able to compete with ACTUAL good teams, the 1-4 seeds. Just like Philly (with Jrue), a team a touch over .500 hoping for Bynum to make the difference. Just like the Mavs, a team hanging around .500 hoping Dirk will make the difference. These teams are all HOPING they can be feared later, but none of them can be really feared at this point, none of them are truly contenders, and good teams will continue to take games from them at a high rate.
    And Danny is probably the worse injured "star" out of all the other ones, Bynum, Rose, Dirk and EJ are true difference makers, players that can make an 8th or 7th seat team a "contender" when healthy Danny is not that kind of player.

  33. #98
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think some people take for granted the fact that we're still missing out most accomplished scorer from this team. I agree that our record against teams over .500 is alarming, but I'd think that ANY team that is missing their best perimeter scorer will struggle against good teams. Especially on the road.
    To put things in perspective. The Chicago Bulls are 5 - 10 in this over .500 "statistic". 3 of those wins are in the United Center. They beat Minnesota, Brooklyn and New York there. The other 2 wins are on the road against Milwaukee and New York.

    Oh, and apparently we're 3 - 11 in this stat at the moment. Portland went over .500 last night and thus inflated that stat again. I have to note that our 3 - 11 is better than Brooklyn's 3 - 12.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  35. #99
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You either need an owner willing to pay the LT or 3 stars and numerous low paid ring chasers like the Heat have.
    Let's hope that the attendance of our games give the incentive to Herb to pay the LT.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  36. #100
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,507
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Danny is probably the worse injured "star" out of all the other ones, Bynum, Rose, Dirk and EJ are true difference makers, players that can make an 8th or 7th seat team a "contender" when healthy Danny is not that kind of player.

    Worst star? Isn't that like being the poorest billionaire?

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Hawks/Pacers postgame
    By Psyren in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 03:46 PM
  2. Hawks/Pacers postgame thread 03/06/12
    By immortality in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 07:43 PM
  3. Pacers/Hawks postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 08:53 PM
  4. Pacers/Hawks postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 378
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 03:13 PM
  5. Pacers vs hawks postgame thread
    By Jon Theodore in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 08:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •