Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you can not substantiate this kind of drivel with quotes, please don't post it. There are a ton of youtube videos out there and on the Pacers' website showing Roy working his butt off over the summer, so you claiming the opposite needs more than a sold foundation. Revisionist history starts with this kind of nonsense.
    he claimed he read it.....which he did. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-training-camp

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Skull View Post
    How many legit opportunities did Roy have to get a rebound, I remember him coming out to challenge shots (thus taking away from the basket) and ATL didn't miss much at all in the first half. What was it, like 60 something percent, not many rebounds up for grabs. Plus, we shot the ball well also, decreasing offensive rebounds. I know that 1 rebound is still bad, but, there wasn't much room for improvement in this game. I don't really recall any times he got outright beat for one ( I'm sure he did though, maybe a couple).
    As for his points, he only took two (that's 2) shots. One was like an 18 footer I believe. And with the team already doing well shooting, why would he demand touches.

So yea, box score looks terrible, but he wasn't used/needed on offense, and didn't have many rebounding chances, and he only played 21 minutes. I actually felt that we needed him in the last few minutes.

Well, just my 2 cents.
    He had plenty of chances and for as many rebounds as people would claim that "he watched as another teammate grabbed the board" he had just as many where Zaza would just beat him to the ball. Played with no aggression or purpose at all. On offense, sure he didnt have that many shots, but he also had 2 traveling calls and a few pathetic attempts at backdowns when he did get it. Or how about the time he caught it on the right block, switched his pivot foot twice, and ended up at the 3 point line? Bottomline, he played a horrific game on offense and defense, and of all people, he gets owned by zaza pachulia every matchup. he needs to play better, no way around it and there are no excuses for the game he put forth. If he was playing great ball all year and just one game, then we could sweep it under the rug, but not when youve been playing this bad, all year.

maybe hell pull a PG and go on an epic streak.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Actually, someone did post something to that effect.... it was a Bleacher Report idiot.
    So you're basing it on an extremely poorly written assessment apparently based on one preseason game, which wouldn't be a big deal for you to point out, except for the fact that you refer to the guy who hosts this board as an idiot for requesting a source. Just saying...
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wasn't calling Able an idiot. I was calling the Bleacher Report idiot an idiot.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    I wasn't calling Able an idiot. I was calling the Bleacher Report idiot an idiot.
    Ah, glad to be wrong... assumed there was a missing comma. You are correct sir!
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    Both records are good for a 7 or 8 seed. 2 games over .500 or 4 games, its not a meaningful difference. -- about to be 3 games after Memphis abuses us.
    I'd love to hear your thoughts about this prediction, Dece.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

My thoughts are in the post game -- we aren't likely to lose the battle of the boards and get outscored by 20+ on points in the paint and win very often, but we got hot from deep, 12-25 from beyond the arc won us the game. I'm happy we won, I'll take it, but if anyone thinks that's a shooting performance we'll often match they are deluded. The better team lost the game, but hey, that's why you play the game. I'll take a nice shooting night and the victory and enjoy my new year.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    My thoughts are in the post game -- we aren't likely to lose the battle of the boards and get outscored by 20+ on points in the paint and win very often, but we got hot from deep, 12-25 from beyond the arc won us the game. I'm happy we won, I'll take it, but if anyone thinks that's a shooting performance we'll often match they are deluded. The better team lost the game, but hey, that's why you play the game. I'll take a nice shooting night and the victory and enjoy my new year.
    Nevermind the fact that we played without two of our most important players. We didn't do anything different than what the hawks did the other night IMO. Should give credit where credit is due, and this team deserves credit for beating a very good Memphis team in the face of some adversity.
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 12-31-2012 at 08:58 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post: