Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 133

Thread: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

  1. #51
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,991

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many standings will we have?

    Lakers without Nash
    Dallas without Novitski
    Etc.
    If you are going to include injuries you either include ALL of them or NONE of them. It goes both ways, guys. They either count or not. There's no in between.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Hey look, that's exactly what I said. Indiana without Granger looks like Philly without Bynum. A team a bit over .500 hoping for an impact player to comeback. 17-13 looks an awful like like 14-12 to me...pretty dang close to the same thing. Won't be shocked if we we return to this in 10 more games and it's something like 21-19.

  4. #53

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    It was a tongue in cheek statement. You don't include injuries. The team is what it is in the win-loss column.

  5. #54
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many standings will we have?

    Lakers without Nash
    Dallas without Novitski
    Etc.
    Sure, I agree. My general take is that at the end of the season, you are what your record says you are. I'm not about claiming moral victories.

    I'm just saying I won't apologize for other beating teams missing a player when we don't have Danny back yet.

    EDIT: Or, what you said.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  7. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you are going to include injuries you either include ALL of them or NONE of them. It goes both ways, guys. They either count or not. There's no in between.
    I am including ALL of them, at which point am I ever not including an injury, or us or anyone else? You are arguing against a position no one is taking.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:


  9. #56
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,991

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was a tongue in cheek statement. You don't include injuries. The team is what it is in the win-loss column.
    So, when we beat Philly we did beat an over .500 team, right?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  10. #57
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,991

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    17-13 looks an awful like like 14-12 to me...pretty dang close to the same thing.
    How so?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  11. #58

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Is Lance hurt?

    When Roy was in tonight we were awful. When Ian was in we looked decent.
    We look good when Lance is in the game.
    Front office must get a veteran point guard who can actually play.
    Poor Frank has to be anchored down by the unbelievably bad Roy Hibbert. I laughed at Boyle tonight twice as he described Roy.
    "He continues to miss from spitting range"
    "He came out late and clumsily fouled Pachulia"
    I think that was Boyle's way of getting in jabs at Roy. It really is pathetic that the guy did nothing to work on his game or his strength last summer.

  12. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How so?
    Both records are good for a 7 or 8 seed. 2 games over .500 or 4 games, its not a meaningful difference. -- about to be 3 games after Memphis abuses us.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:


  14. #60
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,991

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am including ALL of them, at which point am I ever not including an injury, or us or anyone else? You are arguing against a position no one is taking.
    In this thread at least
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  15. #61
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,502

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Lance hurt?

    When Roy was in tonight we were awful. When Ian was in we looked decent.
    We look good when Lance is in the game.
    Front office must get a veteran point guard who can actually play.
    Poor Frank has to be anchored down by the unbelievably bad Roy Hibbert. I laughed at Boyle tonight twice as he described Roy.
    "He continues to miss from spitting range"
    "He came out late and clumsily fouled Pachulia"
    I think that was Boyle's way of getting in jabs at Roy. It really is pathetic that the guy did nothing to work on his game or his strength last summer.

    Roy needs to call up Bill Walton again and work with him as he did a few years ago.
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

  16. #62
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,991

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both records are good for a 7 or 8 seed. 2 games over .500 or 4 games, its not a meaningful difference. -- about to be 3 games after Memphis abuses us.
    17 - 13 is good for 5th in the East, currently. 14 - 13 (one game worse than 14 - 12) is good for 8th in the West currently. There is a difference between the 5th and the 8th seed.

    But it's early in the season and thus we shouldn't take those current seedings as our prime example.

    Let's revisit the last season.

    37 - 29 led Orlando to the 6th seed. They played against the 3rd seed, Indiana.

    36 - 30 led New York to the 7th seed. They played against the 2nd seed, Miami.

    35 - 31 led Philadelphia to the 8th seed. They played against the 1st seed, Chicago.

    So, yeah. Between playing Indiana and Miami / Chicago those 2 games made a pretty big difference.

    Evey game matters.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  17. #63

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, when we beat Philly we did beat an over .500 team, right?
    We beat a team that may be a playoff team and maybe not. A snapshot in time (.500 0ver or under) early in the season is not meaningful. You chose a statistic that I can't accept. I would accept the stat if the season were half over.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


  19. #64
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,991

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We beat a team that may be a playoff team and maybe not. A snapshot in time (.500 0ver or under) early in the season is not meaningful. You chose a statistic that I can't accept. I would accept the stat if the season were half over.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. I cannot accept this statistic either. So, we're in agreement here?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  20. #65
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,991

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    about to be 3 games after Memphis abuses us.
    By the way, why are you so hell-bent that the Grizzlies will abuse us?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  21. #66

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's exactly what I'm saying. I cannot accept this statistic either. So, we're in agreement here?
    If you say so

  22. #67

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    I couldn't catch the game today, when I saw Hibbert's stats from my phone (the boxscore didn't include minutes played) I figured he had gotten injured and left the game in the first quarter, so I was kind of worried.

    This might be worse. 0 points 1 rebound, max contract lol

  23. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,654

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    We match up horribly with teams like Atlanta. And to think they didn't even have Smith.

    But when our weak side guys sag in to help clog passing lanes from the back side, a team with good perimeter shooters is going to make us pay. But just playing odds, our defense is set up to yield perimeter shots on quick ball reversal rather than allowing the ball to be fed into the post upon quick ball reversal.

    Unfortunately, tonight they got a lot of close shots from Horford as well as whatever they wanted on ball reversal. I'd really like to see what we can do with Granger against the Hawks, because without him I'm thinking we are no better than fourth best in the East.

    An yes... I'd love to have a guy like Korver. He's active and always just rips us a new one. I just wouldn't want to have to pay his salary.

  24. #69

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We match up horribly with teams like Atlanta. And to think they didn't even have Smith.

    But when our weak side guys sag in to help clog passing lanes from the back side, a team with good perimeter shooters is going to make us pay. But just playing odds, our defense is set up to yield perimeter shots on quick ball reversal rather than allowing the ball to be fed into the post upon quick ball reversal.

    Unfortunately, tonight they got a lot of close shots from Horford as well as whatever they wanted on ball reversal. I'd really like to see what we can do with Granger against the Hawks, because without him I'm thinking we are no better than fourth best in the East.

    An yes... I'd love to have a guy like Korver. He's active and always just rips us a new one. I just wouldn't want to have to pay his salary.
    Without Smith and Granger the outcome would have been the same.

  25. #70
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,991

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you say so
    Wasn't your point that the statistic of "record over .500 teams" so early in the season is not meaningful?

    Did I misunderstood
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  26. #71

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasn't your point that the statistic of "record over .500 teams" so early in the season is not meaningful?

    Did I misunderstood
    Yes.

  27. #72
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,991

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    because without him I'm thinking we are no better than fourth best in the East.
    Without Granger we are not better than fourth best in the East. That goes without saying, actually.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  28. #73
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Tyler is a downright dangerous human being.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  29. #74
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,991

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes.
    Yes on the first or second part?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  30. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: Pacers/Hawks Postgame Thread 12/29/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way, why are you so hell-bent that the Grizzlies will abuse us?
    Because we've given no reason to believe they won't? I mean, I know not everyone lives next door to Memphis and watches all their games, but c'mon, just look at the standings. They have the best starting 5 in basketball and we aren't fairing well against top tier teams this season. I mean, I'm not saying it's impossible that we'll win, but you'd be a fool to bet against it, unless given points. To go further with that, they are the better us. We want to be them. We want to have the best starting 5 (which they do), we want to have the best interior play (which they do), we want to be "smash mouth" in a way that scares top flight teams (like they do). It's not a bad thing to be worse than Memphis, especially sans Granger, but no one can logically claim we're better than them right now.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Hawks/Pacers postgame
    By Psyren in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 03:46 PM
  2. Hawks/Pacers postgame thread 03/06/12
    By immortality in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 07:43 PM
  3. Pacers/Hawks postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 08:53 PM
  4. Pacers/Hawks postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 378
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 03:13 PM
  5. Pacers vs hawks postgame thread
    By Jon Theodore in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 08:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •