Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Suns Postgame Thread 12/28/12

Next stop June 2015

Default Re: Pacers/Suns Postgame Thread 12/28/12

We are getting nothing from Hibbert. If he starts playing basketball and we get Granger back, this team really does have a chance against the best.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

why the hell did Phoenix not foul when there were like 26 seconds left and only down 6

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a huge difference between this quote:

And this quote:

And the one poster that has 'thanked' the second quote thus far, says all we really need to know.
    I find this statement highly unnecessary. I'm not always a fan of what certain posters post, but if we want to have more civilized conversations on this forum, we can perhaps do it without singling individuals out on a regular basis, especially when unprovoked. If you don't like someone's comments then block them, but don't take pot shots out of spite.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IndySDExport For This Useful Post:

If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    We are getting nothing from Hibbert. If he starts playing basketball and we get Granger back, this team really does have a chance against the best.
    Not really nothing. Offensively yeah most games we get under 10 ppg. But defensively he is providing a hell of a lot. Every time he leaves the court we lose a lot of defense.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

We have the NBA right where we want them: Unassuming, playing sneakily well, and awaiting the return of arguably our best player. We will be a dangerous team come playoff time.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IndySDExport View Post
    I find this statement highly unnecessary. I'm not always a fan of what certain posters post, but if we want to have more civilized conversations on this forum, we can perhaps do it without singling individuals out on a regular basis, especially when unprovoked. If you don't like someone's comments then block them, but don't take pot shots out of spite.
    Ha. This isn't church or grade school. It's an Internet forum. My comment served to point out the irony of the Pacers' 17-12 record this year compared to last year.

And it was only 'unprovoked' in this thread because the Pacers won.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    Not really nothing. Offensively yeah most games we get under 10 ppg. But defensively he is providing a hell of a lot. Every time he leaves the court we lose a lot of defense.
    Plus, Roy had 14 rebounds and four assists tonight. Definitely isn't nothing.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Freddie fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    We've had a really easy schedule so far.

I'm much happier with the way we're playing now as opposed to early in the season, but I want to keep things in perspective, as well.
    It is true, we have had the easiest schedule in the NBA based on record alone. However, when you factor in how well we've done with what we've been given and our opponents strength of schedule, we have a pretty average ranking. Despite a last-place SOS rank, our RPI is 18th. Which means that the teams that we are playing are facing tougher than average schedules so far.

Had our opponents so far played more "average" schedules, their records would most likely be better and our SOS itself would be closer to the average. Just something to chew on.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Fun stat: Lance Stephenson has SIX turnovers in all of December. He has a 17:3 assist to turnover ratio in December. That's great progress for Lance.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    We've had a really easy schedule so far.
    We have played 17 road games and 12 home games. Home and away should be included along with the level competition when someone tries to assess a team's schedule.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Didn't see the game.. Caught the last few mins on 1070 (which comes in HORRIBLY like all the time). I was a little worried about a lacksidaisical effort (which I can't say there was or wasn't) but a win is always a win all the time.
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    We have played 17 road games and 12 home games. Home and away should be included along with the level competition when someone tries to assess a team's schedule.
    I like using the old school formula that George Karl uses for calculating how good of team you have. You take road wins and subtract home losses.

so by that formula we are 8-3. Which is really good we dominate at home and almost 500 on the road which is pretty good. Miami for example is 14-2 at home and 6-5 on the road that is really freaking good 6-2.

for example the Bucks are just 7-6 they don't dominate on their home floor.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

The Pacers should definitely have a much better record than they do now... I mean they flat out stunk it to start the season. But it doesn't matter, they finally got it together, so if they're able to maintain this winning percentage, the Pacers will be in a good spot when Granger comes back.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Should have pummeled the Suns. They are not good, but 2nd half was extremely poor. Really liked Lance's game. Everyone else kind of meh, but a win is a win. Yes please to LS as second string PG & DJ banished ASAP.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

24. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    I am pretty sure he meant offensively. It's common thing now whenever we say "Roy sucked tonight", we mean on the offensive end. He got blocked by JO's corpse last night.

Defensively he has been nothing short of a beast but unfortunately on the other end, most of the time, he stinks. Here is hoping he will consistently find his touch soon. And no i don't mean by saying that, he will start scoring 25 ppg.

Sports Logo

Roy's shot 49% over the last 7.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

There's a huge difference between this quote:

And this quote:

And the one poster that has 'thanked' the second quote thus far, says all we really need to know.

I thought some people said last year's record had more to do with the condensed schedule and the Pacers' young legs. Yet this year they have the same record thru 29 games, while missing their leading scorer, and while playing terribly on offense. What gives?

Apparently they aren't nearly as bad as some would love to keep saying they are.
    I never thought they were that bad. We have played a lot of road games and that makes a difference. However, I don't see them having the second half they had last season. That was Magic and not likely to be equaled. I think they will get better as the year goes on but I also think that when Chicago gets Rose back, they blow by us in the central division.....

I think you looked at the thanks too soon. Look again. Besides, just because a poster did not "thank" a post, does not mean they don't agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I never thought they were that bad. We have played a lot of road games and that makes a difference. However, I don't see them having the second half they had last season. That was Magic and not likely to be equaled. I think they will get better as the year goes on but I also think that when Chicago gets Rose back, they blow by us in the central division.....
    We will also be getting Granger back whom is not called upon to run the offense like Rose is. Chicago will get better but I don't think they will blow right by us with a rusty and probably slower Derrick Rose this year.

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    I am pretty sure he meant offensively. It's common thing now whenever we say "Roy sucked tonight", we mean on the offensive end. He got blocked by JO's corpse last night.

Defensively he has been nothing short of a beast but unfortunately on the other end, most of the time, he stinks. Here is hoping he will consistently find his touch soon. And no i don't mean by saying that, he will start scoring 25 ppg.
    The "if he starts playing basketball" part of his post makes it sound like he's talking about Hibbert's whole game, not just his offense. Maybe that wasn't his intention, but that's how it reads to me.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freddie fan For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

I understand Roy cleaned the glass last night, but there are only two NBA teams worse than Phoenix on the boards. Against an average team, his boards go down to 8. He is key to our defense in every game though, so I agree we are getting something out of him. But he is our all-star max player folks. He's got to bring more than defense.

If Roy is able to do that...couple that with Paul's growth spurt, Lance's emergence and the return of Granger and I think we have a significantly better team than last year.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

How about Sebastian Telfair? Heck of a player who is ballsy and doesn't back down. He played like an "in the moment" player last night. He's on a 1.5 million dollar expiring deal. I personally believe he is a solid backup and an upgrade over the 2 we got. With Dragic hurt I'm sure they won't be quick to part ways with him. But would anybody else like to see Telfair in a Pacers uni? Atleast for the majority of the regular season. I see Lance as the backup PG when Danny comes back if we can't fix it sooner than later.

Also, the less I have to look at Young on offense and DJ on the floor all together the better. Glad Young didn't play, but I didn't realize how bad a defender DJ is till last night. I've never seen anyone give up on defending a pick and roll like him in my life. Several times he refused to fight through it and played the switch, matching up with Gortat. Just pathetic.
    Last edited by *astrisk*; 12-29-2012 at 10:48 AM.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    How about Sebastian Telfair? Heck of a player who is ballsy and doesn't back down. He played like an "in the moment" player last night. He's on a 1.5 million dollar expiring deal. I personally believe he is a solid backup and an upgrade over the 2 we got. With Dragic hurt I'm sure they won't be quick to part ways with him. But would anybody else like to see Telfair in a Pacers uni? Atleast for the majority of the regular season. I see Lance as the backup PG when Danny comes back if we can't fix it sooner than later.

Also, the less I have to look at Young on offense and DJ on the floor all together the better. Glad Young didn't play, but I didn't realize how bad a defender DJ is till last night. I've never seen anyone give up on defending a pick and roll like him in my life. Several times he refused to fight through it and played the switch, matching up with Gortat. Just pathetic.
    Yes, his defense is absolutely pathetic. I never thought I'd say this, but he's easily a worse defender than Troy Murphy. Couple that with the fact DJ is ineffective as a PG and ineffective at scoring...you really have to wonder how the guy is in the league. I suppose he can dribble.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

My thoughts after attending last night's game.
    Roy is beyond awful. He is horrible with his back to the basket. Hit only the backboard on a swinging left hand hook (his left hand isn't injured) Got snuffed by Jermaine then fell down, then got 3 sec. call.
    Should not have been in the game the last 6 min although I think Frank wanted him to protect the basket
    Lance was awesome!! Should have had a double-double but DROPPED his 10th rebound. AHH! I was so upset because he deserved it!!
    Hill was terrific. I am worried about his thigh injury tonight. I bet it feels a lot worse today.
    Mahinmi played very well too! Roy better be careful.
    Paul George needs to watch film on Kobe, Michael, Larry, Magic, etc. You're our best player dude. You can't stand around in crunch time. Didn't work hard enough to get open. I know we were running iso's for West. OK, then crash the damn boards or something.
    ***Something Brian Shaw hopefully addresses**** HEAD HANGING!!! As a former player, he needs to talk to Lance and Green about this. The other team sees this right away. Lance hung his head like a 7th grader when he missed those FT's. Yes, it was disappointing but he had played too well to get down on himself.
    The other time, Gerald wanted the ball on the rt. wing. Point gd just couldn't get it to him. Gerald put his head down and walked to the corner. Suns stole the ball and he didn't even know it because he had his head down like a upset child. Inexcusable. The guy isn't very bright.

At any rate, we'll see how good we really are over the next couple weeks.
    Last edited by greyhound80; 12-29-2012 at 11:03 AM.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post: