99. You may not vote on this poll
  • David West

22 22.22%
  • Paul George

77 77.78%
  • George Hill

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers have to be represented being the 3rd best team in the East and the only player worthy is PG. I would be shocked if he doesn't!

Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

We've had a lot of change since this thread started. I have to say that I didn't think we'd be in the top 3 at the break which now looks likely with 2cd. being very possible. I thought West would be our most likely all star if we had one and I have to say I was wrong there as well. I still don't see us getting in 2 but I think PG will make it now with the way he's picked his game up. If PG doesn't get in over Johnson or JR Smith, that would be an injustice.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

J7F

honestly, IMO, David West and Paul George both need to be in Houston, probably will only be Paul George though, when are the reserves announced?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    honestly, IMO, David West and Paul George both need to be in Houston, probably will only be Paul George though, when are the reserves announced?
    In the last (non-lockout schedule) season, it was announced on February 3rd (A Thursday):

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...48484/27369719

So my guess is February 7th (first Thursday in Feb in '13)

I'm expecting David West to make it. Would be pleasantly surprised if Paul George makes it. Keep in mind that the AS game is a popularity contest, and "star" players get selected many times because of their name. Because of this, borderline guys like Joe Johnson and Paul Pierce will get in before PG
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by oxxo View Post
    ??? Obviously Lebron... but he's no question better than Pierce, J Smith, and Joe Johnson. No one would take any of them over PG at this point.

I honestly think the PG of the past X weeks since his bad West Coast trip is an OVERALL better player than Melo and Wade... but that's obviously pretty subjective.
    Keep in mind that the coaches aren't Pacer fans, and will not be biased towards PG at all. I got ripped for saying Joe Johnson is better, but I thought Johnson clearly out-played PG when they went head to head on Sunday. Only one game I understand, but at least offensively, Johnson is superior
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Keep in mind that the coaches aren't Pacer fans, and will not be biased towards PG at all. I got ripped for saying Joe Johnson is better, but I thought Johnson clearly out-played PG when they went head to head on Sunday. Only one game I understand, but at least offensively, Johnson is superior
    PG also out played LBJ. Obviously he's half the player LBJ is. It's just one game. Coaches will always take the whole season into account, and for the whole season PG has been a lot better player than JJ.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

And it's COACHES, plural. They aren't voting on watching the full slate of games each night. They are busy dealing with their own games. So they see these players live, which makes the strongest impression, and a little bit in some scouting tapes. And it's not like the tapes are full of Paul (or West) sucking it up. These coaches are trying to figure out who to focus on and how they can be stopped, if possible. Few of the coaches are going to be dialed in on the specifics of the BRK/IND game. 2 coaches really watched that game, and maybe a couple of others got some sense of it. But it's barely a blip on their radar, and if Paul comes to their arena and brings terror then the outcome of some other single game won't make a dent at all on their view.

Paul has become the focus for many opposing coaches, though West was that before Paul. This is why it's a close call, both have had long periods of being very difficult to deal with and each have given heartburn to a ton of coaches this season.

West was fading and then looked in the mirror and said "F*** that noise". Dude goes Trip Dub, then 27 points on 11-19 in BRK, and then goes 15-8-4 tonight on 6/13 shooting. Paul is in, but West refused to go gentle into that good night. We could very possibly see 2 Pacers reps in Houston still.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 01-16-2013 at 02:07 AM.