View Poll Results: Which Pacer will be on the All-star team

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • David West

    22 22.22%
  • Paul George

    77 77.78%
  • George Hill

    0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 83

Thread: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dirk and Kidd are hall of famers big difference.
    So Kidd was entering his prime at 37? Your point was that if players are not entering their prime together they can't win championships, which simply isn't true. The majority of that team was well past their prime, just had good chemistry and leadership, which is equally important. Plenty of teams win championships with rosters well older than ours. In fact, every single championship roster in the HISTORY of the NBA had an average roster age older than ours, yet you're obsessed with getting younger.

    I agree that you have to have some good youth, which we do (PG, Hill, Hibbert, Lance), but you also need to have a veteran backbone (David West/Danny Granger).

    Do you think Sam Presti is sitting behind is desk stressing out b/c Kevin Martin is playing well, an expiring, and about to turn 30? Of course not. He could have gotten better young assets than Lamb/pick, but wanted the veteran.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to purdue101 For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dirk and Kidd are hall of famers big difference, not only that but that roster was deep because Cuban didn't care to spend as much as he could to win a championship.
    I'll admit right now our roster is not deep enough. The summer offseason to revamp the bench has failed (at least thus far). Can't say I saw it coming though, I was ok with the moves at the time (you were too). I'm hoping the bench is overhauled by the trade deadline.

  4. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll admit right now our roster is not deep enough. The summer offseason to revamp the bench has failed (at least thus far). Can't say I saw it coming though, I was ok with the moves at the time (you were too). I'm hoping the bench is overhauled by the trade deadline.
    I was not ok with the moves, there is a bunch of threads of people calling me hater because of it, no need to bring my Mahinmi comments either.

  5. #29
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,191

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dallas has one hall of famer and like 5 former all stars plus one future all star in Mayo, does anybody see them winning a championship this year? of course not, the goal is to have all stars hitting their prime together, no the fake prime you always talk about but the true prime, what you are saying sounds nice and all but that doesn't make a team a championship contender.
    Elton Brand: 33 years old

    Shawn Marion: 34 years old

    Vince Carter: 35 years old

    Chris Kaman: 30 years old

    Derek Fisher: 38 years old (and also requested to be released)

    Our older former All Star West is David West. He is 32 years old. For the 2012-2013 season, he is averaging 17.4 points, 8.1 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1 block per game.

    Let's compare his production with what those Mavericks' guys are giving:

    Elton Brand: 6.6 points, 6.2 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.2 blocks per game.

    Shawn Marion: 10.4 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game.

    Vince Carter: 11.8 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game.

    Chris Kaman: 13.7 points and 6.2 rebounds per game.

    Derek Fisher: 8.6 points, 3.6 assists and 1.7 rebounds per game.

    So, West is scoring at least 4 more points per game by any player in that list of 5 former All-Stars. He's also rebounding more than everyone in this list and is second to Fisher in assists and second to Brand in blocks.

    Let me say it this once to make it more clear. Our older former All-Star is actually playing like an one!

    The rest of our All-Stars (former or future) are all younger than those Mavs guys as well.

    So, yeah. Your comparison seems quite weak. Better luck next time
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  6. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was not ok with the moves, there is a bunch of threads of people calling me hater because of it, no need to bring my Mahinmi comments either.
    Then why did you say those comments? You can't say "Im loving our front office, this is what a front office is supposed to do" after we sign Mahinmi, Green, DJ, and then when it doesn't work out say "I was not ok with the moves." That's flip-flopping b/c you can't admit you were wrong. It's ok to be wrong. I was wrong too.

    Remember when you wanted to give Nene $18M / year?? I even wanted to throw $14M at him. Both wrong - lesson learned for us both.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purdue101 For This Useful Post:


  8. #31

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Verajao certainly deserves to make it and I think he will
    I think he deserves it too. If he makes it, that means Kyrie won't make it, and that'll free up another guard spot.
    I don't believe that PG gets in and I have seen no articles or suggestions by writers or experts that suggest he will. I still think his only chance is to be named as an injury replacement.
    You don't think he'll make it, I get that, but it'll have nothing to do with him playing SF, and that's what you keep saying. I also don't get why you seem to think the articles you've read have any relevance on who makes the team seeing how the coaches will choose the reserves. Who cares what some national writer has to say.

    For those that think Paul doesn't have the numbers... I ask why not? A quick review of past All-Star games show there's very rarely fewer (thnx grammar nazi) than 5 wings selected, and there's usually more. Name 5 wings with a better resume at this point than Paul. Smith IMO shouldn't count as he's played PF the majority of the year.

  9. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then why did you say those comments? You can't say "Im loving our front office, this is what a front office is supposed to do" after we sign Mahinmi, Green, DJ, and then when it doesn't work out say "I was not ok with the moves." That's flip-flopping b/c you can't admit you were wrong. It's ok to be wrong. I was wrong too.

    Remember when you wanted to give Nene $18M / year?? I even wanted to throw $14M at him. Both wrong - lesson learned for us both.
    That comment was made after the Mahinmi trade, I was talking out of emotion and I was expecting other moves to be made.

    Note that this is the last time I'm explaining this.

  10. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Elton Brand: 33 years old

    Shawn Marion: 34 years old

    Vince Carter: 35 years old

    Chris Kaman: 30 years old

    Derek Fisher: 38 years old (and also requested to be released)

    Our older former All Star West is David West. He is 32 years old. For the 2012-2013 season, he is averaging 17.4 points, 8.1 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1 block per game.

    Let's compare his production with what those Mavericks' guys are giving:

    Elton Brand: 6.6 points, 6.2 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.2 blocks per game.

    Shawn Marion: 10.4 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game.

    Vince Carter: 11.8 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game.

    Chris Kaman: 13.7 points and 6.2 rebounds per game.

    Derek Fisher: 8.6 points, 3.6 assists and 1.7 rebounds per game.

    So, West is scoring at least 4 more points per game by any player in that list of 5 former All-Stars. He's also rebounding more than everyone in this list and is second to Fisher in assists and second to Brand in blocks.

    Let me say it this once to make it more clear. Our older former All-Star is actually playing like an one!

    The rest of our All-Stars (former or future) are all younger than those Mavs guys as well.

    So, yeah. Your comparison seems quite weak. Better luck next time
    I don't know wtf is your point? good try?....

  11. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That comment was made after the Mahinmi trade, I was talking out of emotion and I was expecting other moves to be made.

    Note that this is the last time I'm explaining this.
    Vnzla, you're fibbing again in an attempt to hold your ego. You made that comment after the Mahinmi trade AND after the Green signing and DJ signing. DJ was signed last of the three and you posted in that thread. Geez - it's ok to be wrong.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...light=augustin

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purdue101 For This Useful Post:


  13. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,015

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Unless we move into the top 3 at the break, I'm going with none.
    If we get one I think it will be West.
    It'll be a little interesting to see if the coaches stay with the new format of just looking at forwards and centers together or if they'll assign a center regardless.
    If they go with a center I think Roy still stands a chance in spite of his offense.

  14. #36
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,191

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know wtf is your point? good try?....
    My point is that our "former All-Star" is playing like a true All-Star while their former All-Stars do not play anywhere close to that level. So, comparing the two situations does not make any sense.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  15. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vnzla, you're fibbing again in an attempt to hold your ego.
    You made that comment after the Mahinmi trade AND after the Green signing and DJ signing. DJ was signed last of the three and you posted in that thread. Geez - it's ok to be wrong.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...light=augustin
    I already explained my point I'm not doing it again you believe whatever you want believe.

  16. #38
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,060
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    PG, better odds I think if he has 2 guard qualification, if the 3 then it is over... Melo, Lebron, Pierce all have him just because of popularity. For the 2 he only has to really worry about wade and Joe Johnson
    Why so SERIOUS

  17. #39

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG, better odds I think if he has 2 guard qualification, if the 3 then it is over... Melo, Lebron, Pierce all have him just because of popularity. For the 2 he only has to really worry about wade and Joe Johnson
    And has been stated he's been better than Joe Johnson this year. I agree if he's classified as a guard he has a chance (a small one) as a coach's pick, but no way as a forward.

  18. #40

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know wtf is your point? good try?....
    The point is he was pretty convincingly proving you wrong.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  20. #41
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,628

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Shouldn't we be bumping this and keeping this discussion active till we at least find out the result? Seems kinda on topic right about now.

  21. #42
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,533

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Not changing what I think *might* happen, but I think there is no question Paul is better than Pierce. It'll be a travesty if Paul George doesn't make it.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  22. #43

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Freakin Joe Johnson better not get in over PG, that'd be ludicrous. I don't really know if the league gives coaches a bit of *wink, wink, this guy has a great case....* kinda thing, but I really do think the NBA wants to push PG.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  24. #44
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,296

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Balanced teams built on defense would always have trouble sending players to the All Star Game, but the good news is that coaches this year will have every excuse to select PG. Exciting young star, big part of the league-leading defense, plus leading scorer of a team that is winning enough to deserve at least one rep. Sure his O numbers are a bit pedestrian but that hasn't stopped others from being selected.

  25. #45
    Member LucasRL13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    1,128

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Paul George deserve to be an All Star THIS YEAR.

    What you think guys, here in Portugal, Paul George is one of the most popular guys in the league right now

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LucasRL13 For This Useful Post:


  27. #46
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,312

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Paul George has upped his game enough in the last two weeks that I think he should and will get the one available spot.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  28. #47
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,458

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    I don't care who plays on the All-Star team...as long as Frank Vogel is coaching it.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  30. #48
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,843

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    I think Paul george will make it for sure now. The last two games IMO has assured that. My only question is whether David West makes it.

    Anyone know when the coaches votes must be sent in?

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  32. #49
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,312

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Paul george will make it for sure now. The last two games IMO has assured that. My only question is whether David West makes it.

    Anyone know when the coaches votes must be sent in?
    Totally agree on PG but I don't think there is any way David West makes it.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  34. #50
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,843

    Default Re: which Pacer will be on the all star team?

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totally agree on PG but I don't think there is any way David West makes it.
    I can't argue with you. My only comment is I believe the coaches reward players on the best teams. Pacers are one of the best teams so I think a lot of the coaches will think they deserve two allstars and those coaches who believe that will vote for West and Paul George. Also depending on when the votes were sent in, it might help West. I mean if a they voted a week ago a coach might vote for West instead of Paul. Where as if they vote today Paul would get their vote, unless they believe the pacers deserve two AS's

Similar Threads

  1. Which current Pacer has the best shot at the All-star team?
    By BlueCollarColts in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 06:13 PM
  2. Who is your favorite non-star non-pacer player
    By speakout4 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 04:43 PM
  3. This off the Star's Pacer board.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-20-2005, 09:26 AM
  4. Star} Team-by-team free agent analysis
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 06:58 AM
  5. Pacer movie star trivia
    By stipo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-13-2004, 04:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •