PLEASE REMIND ME IF I FORGOT SOMEONE. I'M NOT JOHN HOLLINGER/ZACH LOWE.
I came up with this list because while I was having fun researching the Indy point guards I was astonished at how many talented point guards the league has. It really is amazing. Brandon Jennings would be considered one of the worst on this entire list, and he can explode for 40 at any point...
I was harsh when it came to Nash. His recent injuries, his old age, and his god awful defense. Later in the season he may establish himself once again as a top 10 PG, but right now I don't think it is honest, and given the choice I would not take him. I can't stand players that cant defend and he's so slow at this point he's just terrible on D.
Couple guys I added at the bottom of the list because they were injured and we don't really know where they should be until they finish a whole season in the future. (rubio, lowry)
Also, so many of the all stars are nearly interchangeable. So don't give me to much grief if you think Tony is so much better than Kyrie or something. The point of the list is to see the sheer number of talented points. I tried to be objective as possible. I mean this is based off my opinions, but also numbers.. I woul change some things if we were all in a backroom and I could give my opinion without getting laughed at.. lol
Everyone one of these point guards is bringing a lot to the game. Just amazing. No other position has half as much talent.
2. Derrick Rose (I have to add him)
3. Rajon Rondo
4. Kyrie Irving (he may be my favorite PG in the league, I love his game)
5. Russell Westbrook (shutup about "pure PG" there's nothing pure about RW's game, but he's top 5 in the game)
6. Tony Parker
7. Stephen Curry (too high? maybe, I love what he's doing...also best pure shooter in the game??)
8. Deron Williams (low? ****, maybe not low enough. I've always been a HUGE fan, but he hasn't played well since he's been a Net! Maybe the Pacers dodged a bullet?)
9. Jrue Holliday
10. Mike Conley Jr (I think he's better than Jrue but, but Jrue's numbers are much better, have to give Jrue the nod)
11. Damian Lillard A favorite of this board this past draft, but of course we really had no way of obtaining that pick unfortunately
12. George Hill
13. Steve Nash
14. John Wall
15. Kemba Walker
16. Ty Lawson (I know a lot of people would have him higher, but I'm not the biggest fan, plus he's having a horrible start shooting so far this season.)
17. Goran Dragic (another favorite of this board, but do not include me in that list. Again, I'm not a fan of players that don't do defense)
18. Greivis Vasquez (He's having a great season)
19. Brandon Knight
20. Jeff Teague
21. Jose Calderon (this is another guy that most would have much higher. I am not a fan at all. Sue me)
22. Brandon Jennings
23. Mo Williams
24. Kyle Lowry
25. Ricky Rubio