Thread: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

Default For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

Such class acts there. Back where we belong.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

I didn't care what the score was, I watched this game from tip until the end of the 4th quarter. Something about the Bulls getting drilled makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

I hope it feels even better this time tomorrow. On paper we should blow them out, in reality I think it's a close game that could go either way.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If no Pacers game, the bulls getting manhandled makes everything great in the world

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

and Deng sprained his ankle and is probably out tomorrow

So if the Pacers are able to maintain there spot as a 4 or 5 spot does this mean the Pacers are primed for a helluva playoff run?? Some factors to consider:

In theory, Danny comes back and the Pacers get even better on defense AND offense. Dominate defense, and George/Granger on offense is a helluva duo. However, is this going to be like Memphis last year?? Danny (like Zbo) comes back but isn't healthy enough to make Indiana a legit playoff contender?

Also, if Indiana and Chicago maintain as a 4 and 5 seed, that's a crazy first round matchup. Both Rose and Danny back, which one is ready to play and make their team great again? Both? Neither?

More fun: Considering DC in Dallas has been pretty much a failure, would you trade a first round pick to make DC our backup point again? Remember he thrived in that role, and now he may be more willing to take the roll of big time bench player on a contender instead of so-so starter.

Lastly, what are some more trade deadline moves the Pacers should be gunning for...
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Also, if Indiana and Chicago maintain as a 4 and 5 seed, that's a crazy first round matchup. Both Rose and Danny back, which one is ready to play and make their team great again? Both? Neither?

More fun: Considering DC in Dallas has been pretty much a failure, would you trade a first round pick to make DC our backup point again? Remember he thrived in that role, and now he may be more willing to take the roll of big time bench player on a contender instead of so-so starter.

Lastly, what are some more trade deadline moves the Pacers should be gunning for...

I think the odds of Granger coming back at close to 100% are a lot greater then Rose so I expect the team to be near the level of last year by the end of the season. It's a shame we could have been better if Walsh didn't squander the rare opportunity we had in the off season.
    I wouldn't consider trading a first for DC, he'd be a rental now and I don't want to trade a 1st. for any rental. I would trade DJ and a 2 cd. though.
    I really don't want us trading our first round pick unless it's for the right player with a reasonable long term contract. I can't think of anything out there we should be pursuing. I think we should stand pat unless a gift comes our way at the deadline and that's what I expect Walsh to do.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Does anybody know if we are wearing Christmas uniforms tomorrow?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    Does anybody know if we are wearing Christmas uniforms tomorrow?
    I have a feeling we are. The guy I buy jerseys from got a bunch of Pacers all yellow Pacers across the front outlined in navy jerseys. He's never had one we never wore/sold. He had the camouflage looking ones in May. I bought one then, now they are selling them at the Fieldhouse as of November.

"If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Sorry, Kstat, but seeing Detroit with single-digit wins, and almost as many losses as I have years to my name, makes me happy inside. And seeing the Pacers at the top of the Central Division makes me happy inside AND outside. Yehhhhh, saucy.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I hope it feels even better this time tomorrow. On paper we should blow them out, in reality I think it's a close game that could go either way.
    How do you figure it should be a blowout? Outside of the last two games, the bulls have been playing pretty good basketball recently.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    I didn't care what the score was, I watched this game from tip until the end of the 4th quarter. Something about the Bulls, especially Noah, getting drilled makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
    Fixed

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    How do you figure it should be a blowout? Outside of the last two games, the bulls have been playing pretty good basketball recently.
    I said on paper, when you look at position by position we're simply better. Even PG is better then Deng.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

So if the Pacers are able to maintain there spot as a 4 or 5 spot does this mean the Pacers are primed for a helluva playoff run?? Some factors to consider:

In theory, Danny comes back and the Pacers get even better on defense AND offense. Dominate defense, and George/Granger on offense is a helluva duo. However, is this going to be like Memphis last year?? Danny (like Zbo) comes back but isn't healthy enough to make Indiana a legit playoff contender?

The factor which will have the largest effect on the Pacers potential playoff run is where they are in the bracket in relation to Miami.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I said on paper, when you look at position by position we're simply better. Even PG is better then Deng.
    Maybe (though I disagree on PG being great for a month making him better than Deng all of a sudden--nd I hate Luol Deng's game lol) but coaching, chemistry and effort always makes the Bulls under Thibideaux a tough team to beat--even on paper. Just my opinion.

Should be an interesting game

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

The Pacers can't trade for Collison (or Dahntay Jones). If you trade a player during a season (defined as July 1st to June 30th), then you can't re-acquire that player via trade. See the 10th overall bullet in this link:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q97

28. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    I have a feeling we are. The guy I buy jerseys from got a bunch of Pacers all yellow Pacers across the front outlined in navy jerseys. He's never had one we never wore/sold. He had the camouflage looking ones in May. I bought one then, now they are selling them at the Fieldhouse as of November.

I asked about these (Pacers Big Color) the other night and was told at the Homecourt that the NBA shut them down because they were only doing it for teams that actually played on Xmas - exclusitivity and all that. I had asked because the Adidas mock photos had gone around showing them, so I knew they had been planned at some point.

Now if you saw them, as in "many of them" then it suggests something different. But I've already given up hope based on the response I got. OTOH the Homecourt people have been wrong before.

The Rockets could be a sleeper in the West this year
    "We want Miami"

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

BTW, Chicago sure got jobbed on Boozer. To me he's been a real bust.

For a POWER forward that is mostly a scorer he doesn't get to the line much and doesn't get tons of power rebounds. He gets boards but often it feels like he benefits from Noah physically challenging for them. He's a weak defender that can't block shots. I mean overall he's just become a touch scorer from just off the block out to mid-range. And even that, his FG%, has gone pretty south.

Noah is 4 times the "power" player Boozer is. Heck, Varejao would be a much better option than Boozer. Noah is close to Roy at this point since both are basically defensive stars, but West >> Boozer even with only slightly better numbers. He's just a nice bump better in nearly every way, and the sum total makes him a go-to machine rather than a guy who seems to be leaning on the team more than the team is leaning on him.

Boozer was supposed to be the #2 guy on the team, and it never has felt that way to me. Rose is obvious, but Noah and Deng are clearly much bigger impact players too.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

And Boozer's owed ~47 million over the next 3. He's the reason they had to gut their bench. At least they can still amnesty him this summer.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    And Boozer's owed ~47 million over the next 3. He's the reason they had to gut their bench. At least they can still amnesty him this summer.
    They did that to themselves tho. everyone new they should amnesty at the latest last year. Boozer isn't good. They could have kept Asik, and they would have been a defensive powerhouse.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

At least Boozer took a pass to the face right at the beginning of the game last night. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brinocerous For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I asked about these (Pacers Big Color) the other night and was told at the Homecourt that the NBA shut them down because they were only doing it for teams that actually played on Xmas - exclusitivity and all that. I had asked because the Adidas mock photos had gone around showing them, so I knew they had been planned at some point.

Now if you saw them, as in "many of them" then it suggests something different. But I've already given up hope based on the response I got. OTOH the Homecourt people have been wrong before.
    The guy I buy from had Danny and I think Paul in many sizes, like 8-10 jerseys in his shop, plus a few more in the back.

Freshman at Louisville
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13