Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

  1. #1

    Default For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    Such class acts there. Back where we belong.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,427
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    I didn't care what the score was, I watched this game from tip until the end of the 4th quarter. Something about the Bulls getting drilled makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

  4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,918

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    I hope it feels even better this time tomorrow. On paper we should blow them out, in reality I think it's a close game that could go either way.

  6. #4
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    If no Pacers game, the bulls getting manhandled makes everything great in the world


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  7. #5
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,338

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    and Deng sprained his ankle and is probably out tomorrow

  8. #6
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    So if the Pacers are able to maintain there spot as a 4 or 5 spot does this mean the Pacers are primed for a helluva playoff run?? Some factors to consider:

    In theory, Danny comes back and the Pacers get even better on defense AND offense. Dominate defense, and George/Granger on offense is a helluva duo. However, is this going to be like Memphis last year?? Danny (like Zbo) comes back but isn't healthy enough to make Indiana a legit playoff contender?

    Also, if Indiana and Chicago maintain as a 4 and 5 seed, that's a crazy first round matchup. Both Rose and Danny back, which one is ready to play and make their team great again? Both? Neither?

    More fun: Considering DC in Dallas has been pretty much a failure, would you trade a first round pick to make DC our backup point again? Remember he thrived in that role, and now he may be more willing to take the roll of big time bench player on a contender instead of so-so starter.

    Lastly, what are some more trade deadline moves the Pacers should be gunning for...
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  9. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,918

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Also, if Indiana and Chicago maintain as a 4 and 5 seed, that's a crazy first round matchup. Both Rose and Danny back, which one is ready to play and make their team great again? Both? Neither?

    More fun: Considering DC in Dallas has been pretty much a failure, would you trade a first round pick to make DC our backup point again? Remember he thrived in that role, and now he may be more willing to take the roll of big time bench player on a contender instead of so-so starter.

    Lastly, what are some more trade deadline moves the Pacers should be gunning for...


    I think the odds of Granger coming back at close to 100% are a lot greater then Rose so I expect the team to be near the level of last year by the end of the season. It's a shame we could have been better if Walsh didn't squander the rare opportunity we had in the off season.
    I wouldn't consider trading a first for DC, he'd be a rental now and I don't want to trade a 1st. for any rental. I would trade DJ and a 2 cd. though.
    I really don't want us trading our first round pick unless it's for the right player with a reasonable long term contract. I can't think of anything out there we should be pursuing. I think we should stand pat unless a gift comes our way at the deadline and that's what I expect Walsh to do.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,611

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    Does anybody know if we are wearing Christmas uniforms tomorrow?

  12. #9
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anybody know if we are wearing Christmas uniforms tomorrow?
    I have a feeling we are. The guy I buy jerseys from got a bunch of Pacers all yellow Pacers across the front outlined in navy jerseys. He's never had one we never wore/sold. He had the camouflage looking ones in May. I bought one then, now they are selling them at the Fieldhouse as of November.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,979

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, Kstat, but seeing Detroit with single-digit wins, and almost as many losses as I have years to my name, makes me happy inside. And seeing the Pacers at the top of the Central Division makes me happy inside AND outside. Yehhhhh, saucy.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  17. #12
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,207

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope it feels even better this time tomorrow. On paper we should blow them out, in reality I think it's a close game that could go either way.
    How do you figure it should be a blowout? Outside of the last two games, the bulls have been playing pretty good basketball recently.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't care what the score was, I watched this game from tip until the end of the 4th quarter. Something about the Bulls, especially Noah, getting drilled makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
    Fixed

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


  21. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,918

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you figure it should be a blowout? Outside of the last two games, the bulls have been playing pretty good basketball recently.
    I said on paper, when you look at position by position we're simply better. Even PG is better then Deng.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  23. #15
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if the Pacers are able to maintain there spot as a 4 or 5 spot does this mean the Pacers are primed for a helluva playoff run?? Some factors to consider:

    In theory, Danny comes back and the Pacers get even better on defense AND offense. Dominate defense, and George/Granger on offense is a helluva duo. However, is this going to be like Memphis last year?? Danny (like Zbo) comes back but isn't healthy enough to make Indiana a legit playoff contender?

    Also, if Indiana and Chicago maintain as a 4 and 5 seed, that's a crazy first round matchup. Both Rose and Danny back, which one is ready to play and make their team great again? Both? Neither?

    More fun: Considering DC in Dallas has been pretty much a failure, would you trade a first round pick to make DC our backup point again? Remember he thrived in that role, and now he may be more willing to take the roll of big time bench player on a contender instead of so-so starter.

    Lastly, what are some more trade deadline moves the Pacers should be gunning for...
    The factor which will have the largest effect on the Pacers potential playoff run is where they are in the bracket in relation to Miami.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  25. #16
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,207

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said on paper, when you look at position by position we're simply better. Even PG is better then Deng.
    Maybe (though I disagree on PG being great for a month making him better than Deng all of a sudden--nd I hate Luol Deng's game lol) but coaching, chemistry and effort always makes the Bulls under Thibideaux a tough team to beat--even on paper. Just my opinion.

    Should be an interesting game

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  27. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if the Pacers are able to maintain there spot as a 4 or 5 spot does this mean the Pacers are primed for a helluva playoff run?? Some factors to consider:

    In theory, Danny comes back and the Pacers get even better on defense AND offense. Dominate defense, and George/Granger on offense is a helluva duo. However, is this going to be like Memphis last year?? Danny (like Zbo) comes back but isn't healthy enough to make Indiana a legit playoff contender?

    Also, if Indiana and Chicago maintain as a 4 and 5 seed, that's a crazy first round matchup. Both Rose and Danny back, which one is ready to play and make their team great again? Both? Neither?

    More fun: Considering DC in Dallas has been pretty much a failure, would you trade a first round pick to make DC our backup point again? Remember he thrived in that role, and now he may be more willing to take the roll of big time bench player on a contender instead of so-so starter.

    Lastly, what are some more trade deadline moves the Pacers should be gunning for...
    The Pacers can't trade for Collison (or Dahntay Jones). If you trade a player during a season (defined as July 1st to June 30th), then you can't re-acquire that player via trade. See the 10th overall bullet in this link:

    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q97

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  29. #18
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a feeling we are. The guy I buy jerseys from got a bunch of Pacers all yellow Pacers across the front outlined in navy jerseys. He's never had one we never wore/sold. He had the camouflage looking ones in May. I bought one then, now they are selling them at the Fieldhouse as of November.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    I asked about these (Pacers Big Color) the other night and was told at the Homecourt that the NBA shut them down because they were only doing it for teams that actually played on Xmas - exclusitivity and all that. I had asked because the Adidas mock photos had gone around showing them, so I knew they had been planned at some point.

    Now if you saw them, as in "many of them" then it suggests something different. But I've already given up hope based on the response I got. OTOH the Homecourt people have been wrong before.

  30. #19
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    The Rockets could be a sleeper in the West this year
    "We want Miami"

  31. #20
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    BTW, Chicago sure got jobbed on Boozer. To me he's been a real bust.

    For a POWER forward that is mostly a scorer he doesn't get to the line much and doesn't get tons of power rebounds. He gets boards but often it feels like he benefits from Noah physically challenging for them. He's a weak defender that can't block shots. I mean overall he's just become a touch scorer from just off the block out to mid-range. And even that, his FG%, has gone pretty south.

    Noah is 4 times the "power" player Boozer is. Heck, Varejao would be a much better option than Boozer. Noah is close to Roy at this point since both are basically defensive stars, but West >> Boozer even with only slightly better numbers. He's just a nice bump better in nearly every way, and the sum total makes him a go-to machine rather than a guy who seems to be leaning on the team more than the team is leaning on him.

    Boozer was supposed to be the #2 guy on the team, and it never has felt that way to me. Rose is obvious, but Noah and Deng are clearly much bigger impact players too.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  33. #21
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,338

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    And Boozer's owed ~47 million over the next 3. He's the reason they had to gut their bench. At least they can still amnesty him this summer.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  35. #22
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Boozer's owed ~47 million over the next 3. He's the reason they had to gut their bench. At least they can still amnesty him this summer.
    They did that to themselves tho. everyone new they should amnesty at the latest last year. Boozer isn't good. They could have kept Asik, and they would have been a defensive powerhouse.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  36. #23
    It could get ugly Brinocerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: For Christmas the Rockets gave us the central division lead

    At least Boozer took a pass to the face right at the beginning of the game last night. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

  37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brinocerous For This Useful Post:


  38. #24
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I asked about these (Pacers Big Color) the other night and was told at the Homecourt that the NBA shut them down because they were only doing it for teams that actually played on Xmas - exclusitivity and all that. I had asked because the Adidas mock photos had gone around showing them, so I knew they had been planned at some point.

    Now if you saw them, as in "many of them" then it suggests something different. But I've already given up hope based on the response I got. OTOH the Homecourt people have been wrong before.
    The guy I buy from had Danny and I think Paul in many sizes, like 8-10 jerseys in his shop, plus a few more in the back.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Similar Threads

  1. Over/Under: Central Division
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 02:10 PM
  2. Rockets stop Spurs for Southwest Division lead [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 05:51 PM
  3. A Look at the Central Division
    By OakMoses in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 10:09 AM
  4. Central division is 6-0 so far......
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-05-2005, 12:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •