Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

  1. #1

    Default Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...-heat/1786019/

    Enter, conspiracy theorists. LeBron James has not been whistled for a foul in five games.

    The Miami Heat star and defending NBA MVP has played about 211 minutes without a foul, a period spanning two weeks.
    Really ??

  2. #2
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,417

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    Has anyone watched any of these games? Is this legit?

  3. #3
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    552

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    Yeah I was upset at first, but in all seriousness if there was one person who could do this rightfully it would be the absolute freak of nature Lebron James.
    DG for 3

  4. #4
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,450

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I was upset at first, but in all seriousness if there was one person who could do this rightfully it would be the absolute freak of nature Lebron James.
    You can't be serious, everyone fouls in the NBA. The idea that one player is so amazing that he can play 5 games with no foul called on him is utterly insane. Lebron James pushes people in the back on rebound just as much as any other player in the league. James reaches in for steals just as much as any other player in the league. Some would say playing top level defense means sacrificing some fouls in order to prevent points.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  6. #5
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    552

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't be serious, everyone fouls in the NBA. The idea that one player is so amazing that he can play 5 games with no foul called on him is utterly insane. Lebron James pushes people in the back on rebound just as much as any other player in the league. James reaches in for steals just as much as any other player in the league. Some would say playing top level defense means sacrificing some fouls in order to prevent points.
    Oh okay sorry for expressing that something could be possible. You're right. I'm wrong.
    DG for 3

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,146

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't be serious, everyone fouls in the NBA. The idea that one player is so amazing that he can play 5 games with no foul called on him is utterly insane. Lebron James pushes people in the back on rebound just as much as any other player in the league. James reaches in for steals just as much as any other player in the league. Some would say playing top level defense means sacrificing some fouls in order to prevent points.
    It isn't just that he might have had a great 5 game stretch, but it is a consistent occurrence where he gets called for a ridiculously low amount of fouls over the course of a few games. I don't know about you guys, but I have seen enough of LeBron to know that he does in fact foul about the same as any other player.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Member GeniusJMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    83
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    I hate when people make up conspiracy theories.. He's obviously just being very careful if not lackadaisical on defense.

  11. #8
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    Why would LeBron need to foul?

    I didn't watch the games, but 5 games ago the Heat lost to the Warriors. After that, the Heat beat their opponents on average by 18 points. Kobe scored 81 points in a game, that sounds crazier to me than Lebron not fouling for even a half dozen games. Maybe Kobe cheated...

  12. #9
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,881
    Mood

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    If Lebron and the league are conspiring to never call fouls on him, you'd think they'd wait until the playoffs.

  13. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,146

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Lebron and the league are conspiring to never call fouls on him, you'd think they'd wait until the playoffs.
    He did average less than 1 foul per game against us in the playoffs.

  14. #11
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,278
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    He sure as heck fouled Danny enough in the playoffs to foul out multiple times in multiple games. I'm not even going to say what I think. I honestly think I'd be banned.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    Brian Mac_Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    University Heights
    Age
    28
    Posts
    569
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    He plays pretty damn well for being as physical as he sometimes can get, but its not hard to see a lot of calls go his way as well. I read that Nash went something like 11 games, but he doesn't play defense so its a bit more understandable.


  17. #13

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    Not surprising, it is the NBAs BS treamtment of stars. Every sport has it to some degree, but the NBA hits a level that is disgusting at times.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ramitt For This Useful Post:


  19. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,200

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh okay sorry for expressing that something could be possible. You're right. I'm wrong.
    You weren't wrong. In fact, you're point was absolutely correct. If anyone could not foul for five games while playing that many minutes, it's LeBron. And it's not a conspiracy either. The NBA doesn't do that. See this link if you don't believe me.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/

    Unless you've watched every game the Heat have played in that stretch, and can point out an obvious foul on LeBron then wasn't called, then there's no reason to believe he hasn't done it.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    552

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You weren't wrong. In fact, you're point was absolutely correct. If anyone could not foul for five games while playing that many minutes, it's LeBron. And it's not a conspiracy either. The NBA doesn't do that. See this link if you don't believe me.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/

    Unless you've watched every game the Heat have played in that stretch, and can point out an obvious foul on LeBron then wasn't called, then there's no reason to believe he hasn't done it.
    That's what I was saying, but according to everyone here there is a 100% chance the NBA loves Lebron and 0% chance he didnt foul.
    DG for 3

  22. #16

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    LeBron James is having a historically efficient year. His turnovers are down, his assists are up. He is getting to the line a lot less, he is shooting the three ball a lot more. His assists are way up. His steals are down.

    All of those signs point to a player that is a lot less "crash into the lane and gamble for steals", and a lot more "patrol the perimeter/find the open man/take fewer risks".

    Finally, I wonder if he has a bit of Wilt in him. Remember that Wilt had that weird obsession with never fouling out. He also randomly decided to lead the league in assists. I wonder if LeBron decided to see how long he could go without fouling for the hell of it.

  23. #17

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    Is he taking it easy on defense? What gives?

    I'm wondering, how many times has Lebron fouled out? I know Wilt went his entire career without fouling out (how about a conspiracy theory about that?)

  24. #18

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    He has some leeway with his physical play, like all veterans and stars do, but at the same time, he's playing wiser as you can see that he's not gambling so much in defense. So it is just a combination of being"veteran" and playing smart.

  25. #19
    RLeWorm
    Guest

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    nah there is no way he can't be called for at least one foul. this is just the treatment Lebron gets.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to RLeWorm For This Useful Post:


  27. #20

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    This same topic came up when LeBron wasn't getting called for fouls in last years playoffs. At that time people were accusing the refs of preferential treatment, which was wrong, just as it is now. I watch almost every Heat game so I've noticed a few reasons why he doesn't foul:

    -LeBron doesn't bite on pump fakes and he doesn't gamble for reach-in steals. This is how most guys pick up cheap fouls.

    -He doesn't take charges (he's taken one this season) so he doesn't pick up the 50-50 block/charge calls.

    -He doesn't block shots. It's easy to pick up fouls trying to block a shot then following through into the guys arm or body. He's known for his chase down blocks so people think of him as a shot blocker but he rarely blocks shots in half court defense. LeBron has half as many blocks as Durant this season and only two more than Kyle Singler. During this streak of six games he's blocked a total of 1 shot.

    -He has elite defensive instincts and lateral quickness. LeBron doesn't get beat off the dribble by many players outside of Durant and Melo. In this six game stretch he hasn't had to play defense on anyone who has tested him. He's only had to focus on team defense and not locking down his man.

    -And last, he's not trying that hard. He's still playing at an insanely high level but at the same time he's been in 3rd or 4th gear the entire season. He hasn't been called for any charges cause he's not barreling down the lane looking for contact. He hasn't needed to because they've mostly been shooting teams out of the building from three.

    I expect he'll get two or three fouls on Christmas Day against the Thunder. Durant will get him once or twice because he's too clever, and LeBron will get called for a charge at some point because he'll need to force the issue and get to the free throw line.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  29. #21

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is he taking it easy on defense? What gives?

    I'm wondering, how many times has Lebron fouled out? I know Wilt went his entire career without fouling out (how about a conspiracy theory about that?)
    He's fouled out a few times, including last year in the playoffs against the Celtics when he had to guard KG.

  30. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    Not possible IMO.

  31. #23
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,191

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some would say playing top level defense means sacrificing some fouls in order to prevent points.
    Well, Heat fans claim that LeBron plays pretty soft defense this season.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  32. #24

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    Lebron gets favorable calls (shocker!).

    Lebron's also the best basketball player I've ever seen (including Jordan). I don't get why this is such a big deal. He's not a Pacer so hate him if you want, God knows I do, but he really is just THAT GOOD.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  34. #25
    Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    332

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lebron - NO fouls in 5 games

    A (the) superstar doesn't commit/get called for fouls. In other news, today's Christmas.

    Move along. Nothing to see here...
    Last edited by 5_7_Clash; 12-25-2012 at 02:51 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. LeBron wants to play in fourth Olympic Games [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2012, 09:20 PM
  2. LeBron James returns to Cleveland Cavaliers' lineup after two games [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 07:40 PM
  3. LeBron fouls out, Cavs end skid [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 11:10 PM
  4. LeBron may take a few games off to rest sore toe (ESPN.com)
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 06:10 PM
  5. BEN WITH NO FOULS...
    By bulletproof in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 10:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •