Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 136

Thread: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's like a driver who can't fathom the real reason everyone keeps honking at him on the road.
    Yep on the blue and gold road.....

  2. #77
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,549

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Note that I said that it looks to me like he is hitting the jumper more this season, I didn't say that he is Reggie Miller or anything like that, I guess the jumper looks more reliable to me than his crappy hook shot.

    Yep I should have known that people were going to overreact, I should make sure that next time we are trashing somebody that the majority of people hate like Tyler, peace.
    I'm going to try to be clear and simple here.

    You said you thought the wrist issue was a fake because it looked like Roy was hitting the jumper more this season.

    Seth showed Roy was in fact NOT hitting the jumper more this season.

    No one said anything about Reggie Miller, nor did they claim you said anything about Reggie Miller. The only numbers comparison was to Roy himself.

    You then suddenly bring up that you think he is hitting the jumper more reliably than the hook shot, which was not mentioned by anyone before and really has nothing to do with the original topic.

    Finally, you act like people are jumping down your throat purely for criticizing Roy. They aren't, they just want you to back up what you say. Why is that so hard to understand?

    Let's go back to your original statement. What OBJECTIVE FACT do you have to support your claim that Roy and/or the Pacers are falsifying his wrist issue?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  4. #78
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you sure about that? I can find some threads that you opened not long ago.
    Have I ever over reacted to something. I'm sure. I would argue that I simply have been wrong about certain topics. Most notably Roy Hibbert. It was well documented that in Roy's first 2 years that I thought he would be career back up that would only be in the league because he was 7'2. I was most definitely wrong about that. I'll admit it.

    When I said I haven't overreacted, that was specifically to anything said in this thread. I'll stand by that.

    It still isn't the point, and the goal post is continuing to move with your hands at the base. The point is, and always has been, the way you are presenting you opinions and scoffing at the opinions of others. At best its just rude and immature, at worst its trolling.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Dave For This Useful Post:


  6. #79
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    I now must go prepare for my families get together. Therefore I must leave this "conversation." I want to leave with this. Many here have met you in person at the games, parties, etc. We know you are not like this in person. We know that you watch the Pacers and know as much as anyone here when it comes to the team's makeup and play. Yet your online persona this season has taken on something else. I don't think any of us know why. But clearly we want to hear your opinions, but only if they are polite and humble. Same goes for every poster here. No one can tolerate the guy that takes on the attitude of "I'm right, you're not, and you are foolish for disagreeing." Please enjoy your holiday season. I look forward to seeing at the Fieldhouse.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Dave For This Useful Post:


  8. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have I ever over reacted to something. I'm sure. I would argue that I simply have been wrong about certain topics. Most notably Roy Hibbert. It was well documented that in Roy's first 2 years that I thought he would be career back up that would only be in the league because he was 7'2. I was most definitely wrong about that. I'll admit it.

    When I said I haven't overreacted, that was specifically to anything said in this thread. I'll stand by that.

    It still isn't the point, and the goal post is continuing to move with your hands at the base. The point is, and always has been, the way you are presenting you opinions and scoffing at the opinions of others. At best its just rude and immature, at worst its trolling.
    You are still not apologizing for overreacting against Paul George, here are your comments:

    Paul George: I'm saying it, I doubt I'm the only one thinking it, but I fear no flame that it will bring me. Trade him. Thats right. Trade him while his value is still sky high. Trade him before the rest of the league knows what only those of us who waste our Friday nights watching this team lose to the Twolves know.
    You and others love to act like you are better than me by asking me every time to tell you that I was wrong but at the same time you and others don't do what you are asking me to do, the high horse issue is bad around here.

  9. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to try to be clear and simple here.

    You said you thought the wrist issue was a fake because it looked like Roy was hitting the jumper more this season.

    Seth showed Roy was in fact NOT hitting the jumper more this season.

    No one said anything about Reggie Miller, nor did they claim you said anything about Reggie Miller. The only numbers comparison was to Roy himself.

    You then suddenly bring up that you think he is hitting the jumper more reliably than the hook shot, which was not mentioned by anyone before and really has nothing to do with the original topic.

    Finally, you act like people are jumping down your throat purely for criticizing Roy. They aren't, they just want you to back up what you say. Why is that so hard to understand?

    Let's go back to your original statement. What OBJECTIVE FACT do you have to support your claim that Roy and/or the Pacers are falsifying his wrist issue?
    I didn't say that Roy's injury was fake all I'm saying is that I don't buy that the injury is as bad as he is saying, I'm sorry Bills but you guys are overreacting to a tongue in cheek comment that I made, I should have known what was going to happen by saying anything negative against Roy and I'm sorry for doing that, I'm done with this conversation anyways.

  10. #82
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep on the blue and gold road.....
    So is your point that your not on the blue & gold road?

    At the end of the day, other than Shags & Kstat, aren't we all supposed to be on the Blue & Gold road?


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  12. #83
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because unlike the rest of us, you are the real life combo of House and Sherlock Holmes.
    This may be the wrong time to mention this, but in real life I actually am a combo of House and (the new BBC) Sherlock, but with better people skills.

    I'd say my top three attributes are my brilliance, my good looks, and my humility.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  14. #84
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Derailments aside, it doesn't strike you as odd that we're hearing about this injury at such a late stage? We didn't hear anything about him playing through it (like say Danny's knee injury). How often do we hear this after a player struggles immensely (without looking it up, it seems like often)?
    Help me understand what you're asking here. Are you saying this is different from Danny's knee injury? It sounds like they're handling it exactly the same.

    We didn't find out until the end of preseason that he'd had a procedure done on his knee during the Miami series. It was totally hush-hush when it happened.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  16. #85
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see a playbook that is getting more complex and growing during each period of time off. Maybe this isn't true, but it sure looks like it.
    I agree, and see this as a good reason not to make lateral moves. If there's a trade that really improves the team, then great. If not, then, I like keeping the guys together and expanding the playbook every year.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  18. #86
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,128

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Not making accusations, but it's harder to sell season tickets when the fans know all the details about injuries.

    It's also hard to get signed to a max contract if you reveal an injury.

    Again, not making accusations because nobody knows anything except certain people not including me.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  20. #87
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Help me understand what you're asking here. Are you saying this is different from Danny's knee injury? It sounds like they're handling it exactly the same.

    We didn't find out until the end of preseason that he'd had a procedure done on his knee during the Miami series. It was totally hush-hush when it happened.
    Ignore the comparison to Danny--it is perhaps not a great illustration of my point.

    Think of someone like Kobe, who plays for prolonged stretches with injuries that everyone knows about. Contrast that to what's going on here. It is always suspect when injuries are revealed after the fact.

  21. #88
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,937

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by kmjohnson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IIRC, Lance had Vasquez on him, and had been burning him with the size advantage. I watched on International League Pass, and they had the New Orleans telecast. They were talking about it too. Big mismatch.
    Huh?

    Lance Stephenson and Greivis Vasquez are both 6'6". Lance has no size advantage on Greivis. He has a speed advantage and a strength advantage and you have to factor in that Greivis is not a great defender either but size is the last thing that he has on him
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  22. #89

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    that was an impressive performance by dave west last night. he really took over in the 2nd half last night. he took on the #1 pick on multiple occasions and simply over-powered the taller and longer davis. davis simply couldn't deal with it. as a team, they are playing much better than a month ago. i would not have them at 4 games over .500 the way they had been playing.
    but i am pleased to be wrong about it.

  23. #90
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,170
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    I disagree. Roy has played great defense this year. He has not played well on offense, but the whole team has not done well offensively. The object is to win the game, not to score a lot of points. I really feel that Roy has been a very valuable player for Pacers this year and is responsible for much of the success we have had this year. Billy Knight was a great scorer but not a great basketball player.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a lot of vitriol for the way Hibbert played tonight (and this season), but on the 4th game in 5 nights I'll just say good comeback win and please someone get Hibbert a big man coach for his post game... if we're going to sink 60M on him we need to protect/develop our investment.

    Lance played great tonight, just a really smart player in the right place at the right time.

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:


  25. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So is your point that your not on the blue & gold road?

    At the end of the day, other than Shags & Kstat, aren't we all supposed to be on the Blue & Gold road?
    I support the Pacers but I'm not blind when is time to criticize them.



    Note: I am answering Pecks question I'm not looking for your overreaction.

  26. #92
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I support the Pacers but I'm not blind when is time to criticize them.
    Just to clarify... when is it NOT time to criticize them? What would the team have to do in order to not get criticized by you?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  28. #93
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,937

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think of someone like Kobe, who plays for prolonged stretches with injuries that everyone knows about. Contrast that to what's going on here. It is always suspect when injuries are revealed after the fact.
    There are a lot more people covering the Lakers than there are covering the Pacers. So, it's easier to have stuff leak out in LA land. In Pacerland as someone told in another thread it's basically "just don't talk when Wells is around".

    Plus, Kobe always liked to inform the public when he played hurt or under the weather.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  30. #94
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,937

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I support the Pacers but I'm not blind when is time to criticize them.
    You're blind when it's time to praise them, though
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  32. #95
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    It is utterly exhausting the way every thread becomes about vnzla81.

  33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  34. #96
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    What's good for the Pacers is that they are learning character and how to overcome adversity
    "We want Miami"

  35. #97
    Member kmjohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Age
    28
    Posts
    109
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huh?

    Lance Stephenson and Greivis Vasquez are both 6'6". Lance has no size advantage on Greivis. He has a speed advantage and a strength advantage and you have to factor in that Greivis is not a great defender either but size is the last thing that he has on him
    I misspoke a bit. The telecast was speaking about Vasquez being used to guarding smaller PG's and was caught off guard by Lance. For the record, Lance does have about 3.5 inches worth of wingspan on Vasquez, which I think is a pretty big difference.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to kmjohnson For This Useful Post:


  37. #98
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,937

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by kmjohnson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I misspoke a bit. The telecast was speaking about Vasquez being used to guarding smaller PG's and was caught off guard by Lance. For the record, Lance does have about 3.5 inches worth of wingspan on Vasquez, which I think is a pretty big difference.
    Hmm, I could see what the telecast meant then. Vasquez usually has a tremendous height advantage and it could be weird for him to play against someone his size.

    Also, a quite good point about wingspan. It didn't really cross my mind. I bet that he also has some lbs on him. So, a combination of wingspan, lbs, strength and quickness can certainly make a difference.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  38. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,004

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is utterly exhausting the way every thread becomes about vnzla81.
    That tends to happen when the person in question goes out of their way to have a contrary or negative opinion to the popular opinion, and then continues to go out of their way to tell everyone what their opinion is every chance they get. What is even more annoying is when you ignore them to try and get away, and you can't because no one else ignores the trolls.

  39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  40. #100
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,520

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread 12/22/12

    Trying to get this thread back on track.....it was mentioned earlier in the thread....but did you see Granger's reaction to BAMF shot as he hit the shot? You could see it in the right corner of the video as BAMF hit the shot....it's hilarious.



    It's at the :47 mark...you can see Granger stand up in his beige suit in the right corner.

    Also...WTF was up with Robin Lopez going all Shaquille ONeal on us and putting up huge #s against us? It was like the Hornets offense/defense was all centered around him.

    Another thing....Vasquez is a pretty solid PG....he's good at controlling the offense and scoring on his own when needed.
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-24-2012 at 01:17 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 02:48 PM
  2. Pacers/NY postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM
  3. Pacers/NY postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM
  4. Pacers/Hornets Postgame Thread (02/21/12)
    By imbtyler in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 08:11 PM
  5. Pacers/NJ postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 12:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •