Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread 12/21/12

Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread 12/21/12

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No.

Frank Vogel's exact comment made directly to me is, "Lance is a 2." I've asked Vogel numerous times about Lance this season in various contexts. I do not think Vogel believes that Stephenson will ever develop in the areas that he (Vogel) deems necessary to make him a point guard. It is not simply a question of maturity or experience.
    Ok but that contradicts what McKey Fan was quoting from and interview. You said "I do not" so I guess time will tell
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance has the skills of a playmaker (i.e. passing and vision), but not really the composure, mentality, and floor general skills of a PG. Also it doesn't seem to me that he would have the quickness to guard most PGs. SO even though he has some of the skills normally associated with the PG position, he doesn't have the other skills to be a full time starting PG. I am a little more lenient as to what kind of player you have as a back-up PG. Often times you don't have the skills at the other bench positions to take full advantage of having a true PG on the bench, or the ability to find a true PG that is good enough to play as there just aren't that many.
    I have been concerned about his ability to guard the PG position, but not as a backup. I don't think he's proven himself on that. But his composure is pretty good, he is showing some leadership and he plays within himself while working hard to involve team mates. I think he's gaining on this front as well. The only thing I think that could nag him is guarding the ultra quick PG's. Otherwise, I think he's getting close.

With that said, the issue isn't the position Vogel is playing him and it's not about what Vogel has said. Eveyone knows Vogel has said he's a SG and he's using him that way. That has little to do with what lies in the future for Lance. There's a very good chance Vogel is just taking things slow.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Stephenson Shines For The Pacers
    From Elias: Lance Stephenson made seven of his eight shots from the field and handed out seven assists for the Pacers Friday night. Only two other players in the NBA this season took at least eight shots with that high a field-goal percentage and handed out at least seven assists in a game this season. Both of those players did it on Nov. 9: Brian Roberts of the Hornets against the Bobcats (7-for-8, eight assists) and Jeff Teague of the Hawks against the Heat (7-for-8, 11 assists).
    http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/ind/indiana-pacers

Don't know if anybody posted this. Kinda interesting. Not really great company to be in, but it's kinda cool.