Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread 12/21/12

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers/Cavaliers Postgame Thread 12/21/12

Gerald Green is a bad bad man. That staredown....wow...the only dunk that could have been better is if Paul Would have completed that dunk on Hawes at Bankers Life...but for now I could watch this over and over again.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going the other way with it. I can't wait for Granger to come back, so Lance can fix the bench. First option on the bench instead of 5th option with the starters?

Heck, I'd strongly consider giving him the backup PG spot just to see what he'd do with it.
    Is Lance a PG like Hill is a PG....as in a SG that is more of a good facilitator and creator with the ball?

You have to wonder why Vogel doesn't simply give Lance a try at the Backup PG spot just to see what he can do. I think that the main reason is that because Vogel only looks at him as a SG instead of a Guard that can handle the ball and create for others. I know that it's nice to have a PG that can run the offense like a Floor General ...but as the Backup PG....you don't need one...not all Teams have the luxury of having 2 true PGs. I'd be satisfied with what Lance can do with the ball in his hands as the backup PG. He does more than enough to attack the defense and basket while creating for others.
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-22-2012 at 01:20 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Since Lance is a 2nd round pick......is he a RFA or UFA when his current contract expires?

I don't think that he will get a HUGE contract offer ( a la Lin / Asik ) but since he's a 2nd round pick...can't some Team make the same offer as what was made to Lin and Asik where it is severely "back loaded"?
    He's unrestricted. He didn't really get signed to a rookie contract, just got a guaranteed contract in spite of being a 2nd round pick. So the better he plays the harder it will be for us to keep him. Or the easier it will be for us to give up on one of Granger/West.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    He's unrestricted. He didn't really get signed to a rookie contract, just got a guaranteed contract in spite of being a 2nd round pick. So the better he plays the harder it will be for us to keep him. Or the easier it will be for us to give up on one of Granger/West.
    I say extend Lance now. I have seen enough to know that he's going to be a solid rotational Player.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I think it's a given that Lance will get all the backup pg minutes and pick up minutes at the backup sg spot as well. I hope Augustin and Ben never see the floor again once Granger is back.
    In the playoffs, Ben, DJ, and Sam Young will get garbage time only. Frank showed his hand a little tonight by letting Lance play PG with Hill on the floor.

HILL/ LANCE
    PG/LANCE
    GRANGER/GREEN
    WEST/HANSBROUGH
    HIBBERT/MAHINMI

Lance will get all backup PG minutes, and there will be some combination of those 3 guards on the floor at ALL times...

I know PG didn't score too much, but he completely dominated the 2nd half. That series where he stole the ball got fouled, stole the ball again off the missed free throw and got the and-1, Holy Cow... I don't think he hit any outside shots, but he didn't let it get to him. That was great to see.

I am really loving this team right now. Roy Hibbert is playing as good as Mutombo ever did on defense right now. Roy should be the DPOY if Paul George doesn't get it.

I thought Cleveland played really good, they were just totally outclassed. It's like how playing the Spurs is for us.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Is Lance a PG like Hill is a PG....as in a SG that is more of a good facilitator and creator with the ball?
    Actually, I think that Lance is more of a natural PG than Hill. He has an excellent feel on how to drive and dish.

I agree with extending Lance now.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

I agree with an extension for Lance too, what do you all think is a fair contract for him? 3-4MPY?
    Last edited by PaceBalls; 12-22-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    a lot of very nice dunks, but none in as much traffic as Green's, he dunked by splitting 2 defenders while they were both jumping trying to block it, most of Jones came from the side and dunking on one player.
    Why so SERIOUS

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    I agree with an extension for Lance too, what do you think is a fair contract for him?
    4 years 24 million

15. The Following User Says Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    4 years 24 million
    He is a 3 year vet who is 21 years old and will be an UFA after next year. Hes a starter other places in the league so I think you give him fringe starter money... Hes earned it

If you don't give him 6 now, somebody will be giving him 9 in a year and a half... He is Granger insurance.
    Last edited by *astrisk*; 12-22-2012 at 02:09 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    I know PG didn't score too much, but he completely dominated the 2nd half. That series where he stole the ball got fouled, stole the ball again off the missed free throw and got the and-1, Holy Cow... I don't think he hit any outside shots, but he didn't let it get to him. That was great to see.

I am really loving this team right now. Roy Hibbert is playing as good as Mutombo ever did on defense right now. Roy should be the DPOY if Paul George doesn't get it.

I thought Cleveland played really good, they were just totally outclassed. It's like how playing the Spurs is for us.
    Yeah right, DPOY for Roy, he may get Blocks, but he is not even leading the league in that category, he also is questionable in man situations, and he really needs to work on his boards before he is even close to be in the realm of Mutombo...
    Why so SERIOUS

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

4 years 24 million
    He's a solid 6th to 8th man in the rotation and borderline/Emergency Starter.....he should be paid accordingly. $6 mil a year is a little to much IMHO. I'm thinking $4 mil a year / 16 mil a year...ASSUMING that he continues to progress between now and the Playoffs.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

4 years 24 million
    I don't think that is too bad, but he still has a lot to show I think before he gets that level money.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    Sweet lord that Pendergraph jumpshot<
    Is there a possibility to watch that? You're not the only one who's talking about it...I'm just curious..
    Thank you Jeff.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to 31andonly For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

According to hoopshype Lance has a team option for the next season. Isn't that true?

In any case, I think that if we were to offer Lance an extension at the moment that he'd accept a $3-4 million deal. Make it a 3-4 year contract and it's all set.

PS: If we extend Lance will his new contract be on the books or the old one? How does it affect current cap space? Is anyone aware?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

In the playoffs, Ben, DJ, and Sam Young will get garbage time only. Frank showed his hand a little tonight by letting Lance play PG with Hill on the floor.

HILL/ LANCE
    PG/LANCE
    GRANGER/GREEN
    WEST/HANSBROUGH
    HIBBERT/MAHINMI

Lance will get all backup PG minutes, and there will be some combination of those 3 guards on the floor at ALL times...
    Young will probably get some situational minutes, but otherwise I think you are correct with your assessment.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    According to hoopshype Lance has a team option for the next season. Isn't that true?

In any case, I think that if we were to offer Lance an extension at the moment that he'd accept a $3-4 million deal. Make it a 3-4 year contract and it's all set.

PS: If we extend Lance will his new contract be on the books or the old one? How does it affect current cap space? Is anyone aware?
    I think that his new contract and salary would appear after his current contract is done.....so I think that it would appear on the books beginning in 2014-2015.....whereas in the 2013-2014 books...he will still be owed his current salary/contract.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That was some Bruce Lee s...!
    Last edited by panthro_1; 12-22-2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Mistake

Whoever plays the music at the Cavs arena was killing it tonight. I heard "Faded," "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted" and a bunch of other great stuff. We need to offer that guy a contract.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

HILL/ LANCE
    PG/LANCE
    GRANGER/GREEN
    WEST/HANSBROUGH
    HIBBERT/MAHINMI

You may eventually be right about the lineup, but I don't think Frank was showing his hand. He gives Lance extra plays every time he's having a good game. The same is true for the rest of our players. Vogel rewards guys for playing well in the roles they're given. Which is a nice change since he used to consistently fail to feed the hot hand.

The reason I don't think he was showing anything was because Lance wasn't really playing the point guard. Hill either got denied the pass or had leaked out and Lance just took the ball up. Then he ran the play that you could see George HIll relaying as he was running down the baseline. So Hill was still playing as the point, but they just didn't run a side screen to get Lance the ball at the top of the key to start his possession.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I think it's a given that Lance will get all the backup pg minutes and pick up minutes at the backup sg spot as well.
    It makes sense to you and me. But it apparently isn't a "given" for Vogel, who hasn't played him at point guard yet this year, despite our serious troubles at the backup position.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    So the better Lance plays, the harder it will be for us to keep him.
    Hmmmmm. So maybe that's why he hasn't been freed.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

I think it's a given that Lance will get all the backup pg minutes and pick up minutes at the backup sg spot as well. I hope Augustin and Ben never see the floor again once Granger is back.
    A given? Has Lance gotten a minute of PT at the point this year?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!