Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 187

Thread: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

  1. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He should have had 8 assists last night. Several SIMPLE layups were missed, and I am not exaggerating.
    He's Just a great passer. Period.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,709

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers were 2-9 against teams with winning records so they don't win anything of importance most of the time. The Colts have substance the Pacers just talk. If I waited to post only on a winning post in a game against a quality team I wouldn't hardly ever get to post. They are in 3rd place in the weakest division in the NBA. Nobody even likes to talk about them on local talk radio because people have got tired of that same old potential song they sing. The national media doesn't even know they exist. The arena is still half full and only a few on here even seriously consider them a contender.
    you understand that we are in 3rd place without our best player right? If Hibbert breaks out of his slump, Hill, West, and George keep it up, Augustin finds his game, and Green has more games like last night and Granger returns, then I believe this team is contenders

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  5. #78

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. He usually hides when we win
    I don't have time to post 5000 times in less than a year.

  6. #79

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you understand that we are in 3rd place without our best player right? If Hibbert breaks out of his slump, Hill, West, and George keep it up, Augustin finds his game, and Green has more games like last night and Granger returns, then I believe this team is contenders
    First of all Granger is no way our best player and if he were we are in trouble. Then there is that word if again. If all these things happen we might be pretty good. How long do you wait on all these ifs. I like many others are tired of waiting on what might happen. This team with this pitiful bench is going nowhere. Our 7'2" 270lb center spends more time on his back than on his feet. Paul George changes his approach to the game and has success. Many of the others can't even learn from his example and do the same or even attempt it.

  7. #80

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know what you mean and I agree for the most part. But even if Ben doesn't play to his best, as long as DJ is playing badly on offense Ben literally can't be worse. He always gives 100% effort on defense and he has better instincts for it than Augustin. And he will always give 100% effort on defense, because he will be fighting for a 12th or 13th roster spot his entire NBA career.
    No disagreement from me here. If DJ plays poorly, especially offensively, Ben has a chance to be more effective. Ben, like most end of the bench players, plays hard all the time. Plus he has more size than DJ. But that is then end of his advantages.

    JMO, but DJ seems to be in a little bit of a pout about being a backup. He needs to get over himself and start playing hard. Since he is going to get shorter minutes, he doesn't have to worry about playing too hard for the minutes he's in. Hopefully getting benched will be the kick in the butt he needs. Dude has his shortcomings, but he can play.

  8. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,941

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Just a little note. Hibbert's FG% for the month is above 40%, at .408.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  10. #82

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This. Maybe not better than that part, but a solid rotation guy. Just watching them play, DJ looks like an NBA player. Ben doesn't. Ben can be more effective than DJ, but only if DJ doesn't play as well as he can and Ben plays as well as he can. Poorly phrased, I know, but DJ can play and Ben really can't.
    I wish I saw that DJ can play, but I don't. DJ looks to me like a terrible shooter from the field (and his career numbers back that up), a terrible defender and a half-effort kind of guy at this point in his career. If he was a strong floor leader and passer, it could compensate for these shortcomings, but I don't see that either. Maybe, as some have suggested, he would be better on a different team, but so far this season, I'd like to know what he is doing that makes him look "like an NBA player."

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Freddie fan For This Useful Post:


  12. #83

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Any news on Ben?

  13. #84
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers were 2-9 against teams with winning records so they don't win anything of importance most of the time.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Away from home and without our best player we lose to playoff teams. Who would've thought?

    It doesn't change the fact that our wins against the Mavs, the Sixers, the Bulls and the Jazz have indicated that we can beat those playoff teams when we play them at home.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  15. #85
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't have time to post 5000 times in less than a year.
    Good for you
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #86
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,211

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Regarding Ben and DJ, some good points from aamcguy and Freddie. I guess Augustin is a better shooter despite the fact he hasn't shown that this season. But if you held a gun to my face and asked me to pick one of the two, i would go with Ben for the reason he will give his everything during the game cause he knows he is not the most talented player on the team and for the fact that DJ will get burnt any ****ing time night in night out whoever his opponent is.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 12-20-2012 at 05:51 PM.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


  18. #87

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Away from home and without our best player we lose to playoff teams. Who would've thought?

    It doesn't change the fact that our wins against the Mavs, the Sixers, the Bulls and the Jazz have indicated that we can beat those playoff teams when we play them at home.
    yea we beat the sixers without Bynum, the Mavs without Nowitski, and the Bulls without Rose at home. Yippie, now if we can just get the Heat without James and the Thunder without Durant and the Knicks without Carmelo, we have a chance at home.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:


  20. #88
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yea we beat the sixers without Bynum, the Mavs without Nowitski, and the Bulls without Rose at home. Yippie, now if we can just get the Heat without James and the Thunder without Durant and the Knicks without Carmelo, we have a chance at home.
    Actually, the Bulls win was in Chicago. It doesn't seem like you did homework

    Oh, and it's quite funny that all the other teams get passes for their injuries but the Pacers do not. How about being fair to all teams and acknoweledge that injuries to their best player are of great importance? Is that too much to ask?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  22. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,941

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yea we beat the sixers without Bynum, the Mavs without Nowitski, and the Bulls without Rose at home. Yippie, now if we can just get the Heat without James and the Thunder without Durant and the Knicks without Carmelo, we have a chance at home.
    And we beat them all without Granger. So what is your point? That injuries happen, and they can make a team play worse? Or is it we would have a harder time beating them if they had their best player back, and we didn't have Granger back? Well, no **** Sherlock. A first grader could figure that out. You know what. maybe the Thunder and Knicks were lucky to play us without Granger. That could just as easily change the outcome of those games, as Rose or Nowitski could have changed the outcome of our games against their teams.

    P.S. Including Bynum is laughable. That is like including Gordon and the Hornets. They are injured so much you actually expect them to not play more than they do play.

  23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  24. #90

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, the Bulls win was in Chicago. It doesn't seem like you did homework

    Oh, and it's quite funny that all the other teams get passes for their injuries but the Pacers do not. How about being fair to all teams and acknoweledge that injuries to their best player are of great importance? Is that too much to ask?
    I wonder if any of those teams would trade any of those players for Granger. Stop wining about our injuries. I know where the Bulls game was played you said it was at our place. The Bulls also played without another starter in that game. That being said, the Bulls without Rose shouldn't be a measuring stick.

  25. #91
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,190

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    PacersDigest: Where even when the Pacers win, someone has to **** in everyone else's Wheaties.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  27. #92

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if any of those teams would trade any of those players for Granger. Stop wining about our injuries. I know where the Bulls game was played you said it was at our place. The Bulls also played without another starter in that game. That being said, the Bulls without Rose shouldn't be a measuring stick.
    It's quite funny when people give excuses to other teams when they lose because they don't have their main guy while it's the reverse for the Pacers. Sure, Granger is nowhere near the level of Rose, Dirk, or whoever 1st-tier star you think of. But he's still the best player of the Pacers. He's the 1st option on offense. He's got the main role in their playbook. What's the difference with the situation of Dallas, Philly or Chicago? The team obviously misses his contribution the sasme as how the other teams miss their main guys due to injuries. Stop giving excuses for the other teams' losses over the Pacers as much as you don't give a pass for every Pacers loss.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:


  29. #93
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if any of those teams would trade any of those players for Granger. Stop wining about our injuries.
    I don't whine about our injuries. I'm taking into consideration all possible parameters that affect a game. That's all.

    And unlike you, I do this for every team in the league. Because I want to be fair to every team. The Lakers would be better without injuries. The Mavs would be better without injuries. The Bulls would be better without injuries. The Sixers would be better without injuries. The Knicks would be even better without injuries. We would be better without injuries.

    That's pretty easy to understand, isn't it? But some people around here are just not willing to give the Pacers the credit they're due. I don't know why. It probably ruins their petty agenda. But I don't really care.

    And the fact that those teams wouldn't trade any of those players for Granger is irrelevant. He is our best player and the influence that he has on our team is as big as the one that those players have on their respective teams.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  31. #94

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's quite funny when people give excuses to other teams when they lose because they don't have their main guy while it's the reverse for the Pacers. Sure, Granger is nowhere near the level of Rose, Dirk, or whoever 1st-tier star you think of. But he's still the best player of the Pacers. He's the 1st option on offense. He's got the main role in their playbook. What's the difference with the situation of Dallas, Philly or Chicago? The team obviously misses his contribution the sasme as how the other teams miss their main guys due to injuries. Stop giving excuses for the other teams' losses over the Pacers as much as you don't give a pass for every Pacers loss.
    You make my point for me Granger is nowhere close to the caliber of player you mentioned. Sure when he comes back he will help us. But IMO he will not instantly make us a serious contender. His play could also limit the contribution of PG by taking him out of the position he has started to flourish at.

  32. #95
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,058

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers were 2-9 against teams with winning records so they don't win anything of importance most of the time.
    So far this year that has been the case... But we are still on the upswing offensively since the start of the season... And we play the best defense in the NBA... We will be a different team by April...

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Colts have substance the Pacers just talk. If I waited to post only on a winning post in a game against a quality team I wouldn't hardly ever get to post.
    You had plenty of chances last season and yet you only seemed to chime in on a conversation after a tough loss... In a year that saw us finish with the 5th best record in the L and also a year where we beat every contender in the L at least once sans San An... So don't try to feed us this garbage...

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are in 3rd place in the weakest division in the NBA.
    I don't quite get this "weakest division" talk... We currently have 3 teams in the top 6 spots in our conference...

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody even likes to talk about them on local talk radio because people have got tired of that same old potential song they sing. The national media doesn't even know they exist.
    When have the pacers ever received adequate media coverage?

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The arena is still half full and only a few on here even seriously consider them a contender.
    It's gonna take a long time to fill those seats consistently again... But it will happen when we finally re-establish the franchise... I'm still encouraged by what our seats looked like in last year's playoffs...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:


  34. #96
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,058

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You make my point for me Granger is nowhere close to the caliber of player you mentioned. Sure when he comes back he will help us. But IMO he will not instantly make us a serious contender. His play could also limit the contribution of PG by taking him out of the position he has started to flourish at.
    His playing could also help George by drawing attention... We won't know until we get there...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:


  36. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Danny WAS the Pacers best player for some years I don't think that is the case anymore, so the talk of the "Pacers best player coming back" is a bit of an exaggeration by some of his fans.

  37. #98

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny WAS the Pacers best player for some years I don't think that is the case anymore, so the talk of the "Pacers best player coming back" is a bit of an exaggeration by some of his fans.
    We won't know until he comes back. The description of best player is still relative up to last season.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:


  39. #99

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny WAS the Pacers best player for some years I don't think that is the case anymore, so the talk of the "Pacers best player coming back" is a bit of an exaggeration by some of his fans.
    I'd agree with this. Paul George is our best player right now. His all-around game is simply phenomenal. It's not a slight on Granger that I don't consider him the best player because not a lot of players are outplaying George in this stretch.

  40. #100

    Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't whine about our injuries. I'm taking into consideration all possible parameters that affect a game. That's all.

    And unlike you, I do this for every team in the league. Because I want to be fair to every team. The Lakers would be better without injuries. The Mavs would be better without injuries. The Bulls would be better without injuries. The Sixers would be better without injuries. The Knicks would be even better without injuries. We would be better without injuries.

    That's pretty easy to understand, isn't it? But some people around here are just not willing to give the Pacers the credit they're due. I don't know why. It probably ruins their petty agenda. But I don't really care.

    And the fact that those teams wouldn't trade any of those players for Granger is irrelevant. He is our best player and the influence that he has on our team is as big as the one that those players have on their respective teams.
    Do not put words in my mouth or talk about hidden agendas. Just what would that agenda be. I don't like the direction the team took in the offseason and it has been proven out so far. Augustin, Plumlee, Green so far have done nothing to make this team better than it was. In fact it is worse. Young plays hard and has had his moments but is inconsistent as is Mahimi. I said they overpaid Roy and it is obvious they did. I don't get all hyped up over a victory over another average team. I don't think we have a coach that can take us to that next level either. I do think Danny is a good player and a good person but I in no way think he is the star that some on here do. I don't think he is the difference maker we need. I think Roy is mentally weak. The best way to judge what he will do in the future in that regard is by what he has done in the past. When he loses confidence he is a very bad player. I don't think that will ever change. You have the right to get all fired up after a win like last night just as I have the right to complain about the debacle in Milwaukee. They play 2 this weekend, lets see if they continue the upswing or take some steps backward. I think it will be the latter because I have seen it over and over.

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/OKC POSTGAME THREAD
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 04:08 AM
  2. Pacers/NY postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM
  3. Pacers/NJ postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 12:50 PM
  4. NY/Pacers postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 209
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 09:45 PM
  5. 3/26/10 Pacers/Jazz POSTGAME THREAD
    By Kemo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •