Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

Default Re: Pacers/Jazz Postgame Thread 12/19/12

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, if DJ plays like he can then it doesn't suck for us. If he plays like he played earlier in the season then it does suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Just to remind everyone, Vogel specifically said benching DJ was temporary.
    IMO, when Ben plays, he looks like a D-leaguer playing hard and playing well. When DJ plays, he looks like an NBA player playing poorly. If DJ continues to play poorly, then Ben could be a better player, but as soon as DJ plays well, he is better. The contest of who is the better player rests solely on DJ's play.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    We have a chance to make some hay over these next 6 games. Need to take advantage of two easier road games against Cle and NO and then return home and take care of Chi and Pho. Split against Atl on the road and Mem at home and we could be 19-13 heading into the New Year
    Wow. That really does sound possible.

If you told me before the beginning of the season that we'd be .500 at the New Year without Danny, I'd have been excited. Six games over? That's awesome.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    DJ? Well, I guess I'll just hope for the best seeing that BHans will be out for a while anyway. I don't think BHans is that much of a difference.
    Ben won't miss that much time. He might be sore for a week or sore, but if the trainers told Vogel that Ben could go last night if they had needed him to, then he's probably not missing many, if any, games.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

I Believe In Gerald Green repole's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    Not impressed with Green's game last night. I thought he took maybe 2 or 3 good shots all game. He made shots, but he still played dumb bball. Traveled on the and 1 dunk. Showed that talent, though. It was nice to see shots go down for him. We need him.
    As much as I enjoyed Green putting up some points, I'd tend to agree. He was still pretty sloppy tonight, and with garbage time+his shots falling he turned into a full on chucker. I'd have to think part of that was simply him getting some frustration out though, this has easily been the worst stretch of his career as a scorer and I'm sure it's been killing him inside.

With that said, I think he's been used a lot more effectively the past week or so, and even though the results are still mixed, I think it's going to pay off eventually. Vogel's been posting him up once or twice a game and has had him moving more off the ball, which is really good to see. I have a lot more confidence going forward in his ability to perform in this offense than I did a week or so ago.

A Gerald Green fan who now finds himself rooting for the Suns.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to repole For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Makes you wonder how they wilted so easily in the 4th against the Bucks. It was a road game though. I think there was a post saying that we are 2-9 against teams over .500, but we also played most of those teams on the road.
    Just curious....do you still think Gordon Hayward is as good as Paul George??

Please no to DJ. The problem his squarely on him, and it didn't look much different tonight. He hit shots, but that was pretty much the only difference.

He dribbles way too damn much. The Pacers offense is about passing to find an open man. DJ likes to dribble to find the open man. It causes everyone else to stand and watch.

Travis Best is out there somewhere jealous of DJ Augustine.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers' FG percentage in the last 3 wins

vs Philly 45.5%
    vs Detroit 48.6%
    vs Utah 51.3%

Feels damn good,doesn't it?Especially when we had to see some inept performances in that department lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    We have a chance to make some hay over these next 6 games. Need to take advantage of two easier road games against Cle and NO and then return home and take care of Chi and Pho. Split against Atl on the road and Mem at home and we could be 19-13 heading into the New Year
    Sounds plausable. WE HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS AGAINST CLE AND NO FIRST. Then if we go 2-2 or 3-1 in that final stretch of the year, I'll definitely be pleased. Gotta take care of business though.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    Anyone have video of the PG dunk they talked about in the interview? Possibly the Green dunk too?
    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/to...of-the-day.nba

Here's the Green Dunk

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
    Guess who Gerald Green was yapping to on the Jazz bench after his and-1 dunk in the 2nd half? Yep, Jamaal Tinsley
    -------------
    shocker

I wondered who GG was having an animated conversation with after that dunk.

He should've turned to Tinsley and yelled aaaaannnnnd ooonnnnnne muthaf&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.

For all the struggles we've gone through this season I would just like to point out to those who claimed Philly, Boston, Brooklyn, New York and Chicago would be better than us this year only 2 of those teams currently have better records than us... New York and Chicago...

The funny thing for me is that I least expected New York and Chicago...

And I do concede that Boston will likely look much better by the time the Playoffs roll around...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:

I love how 1 game and everyone can be swayed. DJ hits a couple of shots and some think he deserves his job back. He sucks and plays like he is bored most of the time. Let him sit, he won't be here next year anyway. At least with Hansbrough you get effort and energy. They played well last night and that just makes the effort against the Bucks even more disgusting. They gave that game away because they weren't prepared and ready to play. This same thing will probably happen against Cleveland or New Orleans. You can't get these games back. The Bulls are ahead of us in the standings because they play hard every night. Their coach won't accept anything less. Lets wait and see what happens this weekend before we get duped again. George Hill made a comment that we want to be the best defensive team in the league. Well if you do you can't get torched by Jennings and Parker the way he did. It starts with him.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @ScottAgness: Lance Stephenson (0pts, 4asts tonight) told me his right ankle is improving but it still bothers him. He's taking medicine for it.
    He should have had 8 assists last night. Several SIMPLE layups were missed, and I am not exaggerating.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

If is the favorite word for Pacer fans.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    You can't talk about sports without speculating one way or the other.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Unless your screen name is doctor-h...

Then your favorite word is more like can't, won't, or suck...

I'm actually surprised to see you post in a winning post-game thread... But still all you do is spew negativity...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I love how 1 game and everyone can be swayed. DJ hits a couple of shots and some think he deserves his job back. He sucks and plays like he is bored most of the time. Let him sit, he won't be here next year anyway. At least with Hansbrough you get effort and energy.
    Since Hansbrough is injured DJ pretty much has to play. It has nothing to do with how he played tonight. But I'd be a liar if I didn't say that I was pleased that he hit his shots.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    I'm actually surprised to see you post in a winning post-game thread
    True. He usually hides when we win

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Eh, he hit a couple shots, other than that he really didn't do anything to say he looked good. I would still rather stick with Hansbrough, and see how he develops. I think he has the potential to be a much better and more complete player than Augustin.
    D.J. Augustin definitely has better potential than Hansbrough, and yes he hit some shots, 3-4 for 7 points and an assist is not a bad stat line for only a quarter of play, if Augustin plays like the player he was before, he can be a solid bench PG, maybe even better than that

i'll get yelled at for this, but............... I say we give D.J. Augustin his back-up role back, he looked good tonight, see if him getting put on the bench woke him up and if it didn't just sit him back down
    Can't guard a post (fence post)
    I say we need to acquire a veteran point guard to bolster the bench.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:

D.J. Augustin definitely has better potential than Hansbrough, and yes he hit some shots, 3-4 for 7 points and an assist is not a bad stat line for only a quarter of play, if Augustin plays like the player he was before, he can be a solid bench PG, maybe even better than that
    This. Maybe not better than that part, but a solid rotation guy. Just watching them play, DJ looks like an NBA player. Ben doesn't. Ben can be more effective than DJ, but only if DJ doesn't play as well as he can and Ben plays as well as he can. Poorly phrased, I know, but DJ can play and Ben really can't.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    He should've turned to Tinsley and yelled aaaaannnnnd ooonnnnnne muthaf&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.
    UGHH, No, he shouldn't have. That makes him look like a punk and not a professional and certainly not a PACER!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    Unless your screen name is doctor-h...

Then your favorite word is more like can't, won't, or suck...

I'm actually surprised to see you post in a winning post-game thread... But still all you do is spew negativity...
    Pacers were 2-9 against teams with winning records so they don't win anything of importance most of the time. The Colts have substance the Pacers just talk. If I waited to post only on a winning post in a game against a quality team I wouldn't hardly ever get to post. They are in 3rd place in the weakest division in the NBA. Nobody even likes to talk about them on local talk radio because people have got tired of that same old potential song they sing. The national media doesn't even know they exist. The arena is still half full and only a few on here even seriously consider them a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This. Maybe not better than that part, but a solid rotation guy. Just watching them play, DJ looks like an NBA player. Ben doesn't. Ben can be more effective than DJ, but only if DJ doesn't play as well as he can and Ben plays as well as he can. Poorly phrased, I know, but DJ can play and Ben really can't.
    I know what you mean and I agree for the most part. But even if Ben doesn't play to his best, as long as DJ is playing badly on offense Ben literally can't be worse. He always gives 100% effort on defense and he has better instincts for it than Augustin. And he will always give 100% effort on defense, because he will be fighting for a 12th or 13th roster spot his entire NBA career.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post: