Thread: Trade idea from RealGM -- Pacers/Dallas/Warriors

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Trade idea from RealGM -- Pacers/Dallas/Warriors

Dallas trades: PG Tony Delk (6.6 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 16.3 minutes)
    PF Antoine Walker (15.5 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 5.2 apg in 37.5 minutes)
    Dallas receives: C Erick Dampier (11.9 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 32.3 minutes)
    PG Kenny Anderson (6.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 3.1 apg in 24.4 minutes)
    PF Austin Croshere (4.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.6 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +1.2 ppg, +6.0 rpg, and -1.8 apg.

Golden State trades: C Erick Dampier (11.9 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 32.3 minutes)
    PG Nick Van Exel (13.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 5.7 apg in 33.1 minutes)
    PF Popeye Jones (0.0 ppg, 0.2 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.0 minutes)
    Golden State receives: PG Tony Delk (6.6 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 29 games)
    PF Antoine Walker (15.5 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 5.2 apg in 51 games)
    C Scot Pollard (1.6 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.1 apg in 39 games)
    Change in team outlook: -1.3 ppg, -0.6 rpg, and -0.3 apg.

Indiana trades: PG Kenny Anderson (6.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 3.1 apg in 24.4 minutes)
    C Scot Pollard (1.6 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.1 apg in 11.4 minutes)
    PF Austin Croshere (4.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.6 minutes)
    Indiana receives: PG Nick Van Exel (13.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 5.7 apg in 32 games)
    PF Popeye Jones (0.0 ppg, 0.2 rpg, 0.0 apg in 5 games)
    Change in team outlook: +0.1 ppg, -5.4 rpg, and +2.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Pacer fans would love the trade, as the expensive contracts of Cro, and Pollard are moved for Van Exel and Popeye. Either could and probably would be re-traded for a big guy and would give the Pacers much better cap flexibility and a better team overall.

Dallas and GS fans seem to both like the trade, as Dallas gets the center it needs, while the Warriors get something in return for Dampier as Walker gives them an outside shooter and a perennial all-star. Somehow I do feel though that the Warriors wouldn't accept this type of deal. Very tempting idea though, and mostly wanted kerosene's idea of the trade. If Foyle gets healthy though it's a pretty good trade for GS.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: nah

pass on that. Giving up too much size. Don't want lockerroom cancer VX.
    Give us Dampier instead and you got a deal.
    The Pacers can GET a center with Van Exel or Popeye Jones as they both having ending deals, as Van Exel says he wants to play for a Texas team. I like Cro and want to see if Pollard would bring the Pacers anything but the oppurtunity to get a center AND chop off a ton of salary is too good to pass up in my opinion.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Default Re: Trade idea from RealGM -- Pacers/Dallas/Warriors

At this point I don't want any trades, I want to see what this team can do as it is. Thankfully the trade deadline will have expired one week from today

Old as Dirt

Default trades????

With a team leading the NBA, and all the people want to do is trade and break it up and start over. I am sure glad that none of these trade people are in charge of the Pacers.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

UB, Dirt, anyone else:

Are you 100% sure this team, as assembled, can win the whole thing (1) this year or (2) ever?

We've sat at the all-star break before with the best or one of the best records in the league or a team ranked in the top-three in the so-called power rankings. Then we didn't make a move, and we still don't have any rings to show for it.

I just think its foolish to say we shouldn't make any trades just because we have the best record in the league. I'm not advocating blowing up the team, but I believe we'd still be contending this year as long as we keep four of the five players on this list: JO, Ron, Reggie, Al, Jamaal; with JO and Reggie as eternal "untouchables" and Ron is "untouchable" right now in my opinion.

As for this thread, I wouldn't touch NVE under any circumstances.

Dampier would interest me if we could get him for Al/ Austin/ Pollard but why would GS do that? They don't need any more forwards. Ray Allen is the player I'd focus on, and if we traded Al/ Austin/ Pollard (I don't remember what works $$$-wise but I know somebody can re-create it pretty quickly) then I think that would make us better both immediately and long-term. But I don't think Seattle would do a Ray Allen trade if the best player they take back in the package is Al.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

This Dallas fan would rather keep A. Walker. Dampier is having a nice season but in Nellie's system, I do not believe he is a significant improvement over the Bradley, Williams and Fortson trio. I'd like to add Dampier but not at the expense of Walker or Nash, Fin, Howard, Jamison or Dirk.

Croshere would be useless in Dallas. He'd be just another big salary that doesn't get off the bench. We have Tariq A. Wahad for that role.

Dallas already has T. Best. Why add K. Anderson. He is of little improvement over Best. A. Walker is the secondary ball handler behind Nash and is really filling the role quite well.

Before trading talent for need, IMO, the Mavs see how the post season plays out.

Old as Dirt

Default Sec 222

When you start fixing something that is not broke, you will end up with it busted totaly. Yes if the team keeps playing the way they have most of the first half, they will be a force to recon with.

I, as a Pacers fan, do not love this trade.

I don't believe the Pacers need any trades.

The team is perfectly fine the way it is.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

At this point I don't want any trades, I want to see what this team can do as it is. Thankfully the trade deadline will have expired one week from today
    Ditto that.

The Pacers don't need to do anything. They can win with the current roster. They are one of the deepest teams in the history of the league. I think Pollard will be a key in the playoffs against back to the basket centers (Mutumbo, Shaq) while Foster will be effective against mobile centers (Wallace, Jayson Willams). JO will be good against anyone. The same for Artest. We all know how Reggie is in the playoffs and Tinsley, AJ, Kenny will hold their own. That leaves Al, Bender, Croshere and Freddie. I'll take those guys against anyone in the league. Carlisle has shown he is legit. I say don't mess with it.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Most sportcasters and columnists have us as the favorite to come out of the East.

With the current roster, and playing our best basketball, we are CAPABLE of winning the title this year. We would be considered an underdog facing whomever comes out of the West, but we are definitely CAPABLE of winning.

If Anderson were signed for two years instead of one, the proposed trade might work for us if it were executed this summer. However, it would probably destroy whatever chances we would have winning the title, and probably would hurt our prospects for coming out of the East.

In the trade, we are giving up two big bodies that are seeing playing time for Popeye Jones, who would immediately be placed on the IL, never to see the light of day. The net loss would be two big bodies from our front court.

Also, NVE would probably not play a significant role for the remainder of this season. We are involved in a race for the best record in the league in order to gain home court advantage throughout the playoffs. We simply cannot afford, nor do we have the time, to work through building the chemistry necessary for NVE to accept the culture of the team and how we play the game. Very few PGs in this league would be able to learn the timing of when and where to deliver the ball to Reggie and our post players in 30 games.

Assuming we could pick up another big body or two during the summer, I would welcome a similar trade at that time.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

The Pacers are blatantly opposed to a trade, but they're going to be awfully hesitant to do anything given the team's success. It would be awfully risky to break up a winning combination. I think it's more likely this group gets a chance to see how far it can go in the playoffs, and then management will re-evaluate after the season.
    from montieth's q&a http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/025639-4458-116.html

i think that's a fair assessment. maybe this team won't win now, but we can't really know until we put it through the fire.

Hmmm... Pollard in a Warrior Uniform??