Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 77

Thread: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

  1. #26
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,646

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    And the decline of the NBA is back...
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  2. #27

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Well the only common theme, I see for the names past Pelicans, is that those names make Pelicans a lot more palatable.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dee-Squared For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,152

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All farking terrible. The person or persons responsible for coming up with the nicknames should be fired.

    Mosquitos? Seriously? Something that can spread diseases for a mascot? WTF! That dude who suggested that should be stood before a firing squad and shot (jk).
    Dude, humans spread diseases, in fact it would be hard to not find an animal that you can't get a disease from than one you can.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,417

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Rougarou would be awesome. All the others suck.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  8. #30
    Child Of Scorn MnvrChvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    424

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Rougarou! I had never heard the term before so I had to look it up, but that would be cool! Plus it instantly gives them a leg up on the T-Wolves.

  9. #31
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,641

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Rougarou is absolutely terrible. It also would look terrible on a jersey. Then again I hate fake mythical creatures like werewolves and vampires and how popular they are so the thought of it being the name of an NBA team bugs me.

    After looking at some of the logo designs on that link that Heisenberg posted, I'm starting to like the nickname Pelicans.







    Last edited by naptownmenace; 12-19-2012 at 01:08 PM.

  10. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,152

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I would hate them if they chose that, it is too close to the Pacers P.

    I like the second one the best as I think it has the best mixture of modern and classic.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  12. #33
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,539
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Swamp Dog. The world's deadliest creature.

    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  14. #34

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually liked the Pelicans name, though I think I could learn to like any of those but the Bullsharks and Mosquitoes(seriously? lol)


    How could you not like the Skeeters? J/K

  15. #35

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    New Orleans Catahoulas.

    The Catahoula Leopard Dog is the state dog of Louisianna. They have some wierd demonic eyes.

  16. #36
    Member TheRyanExpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Illi-noise
    Posts
    165

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    I'm surprised that Brass isn't even on the list. I had heard the 3 being tossed around were Brass, Krewe, and Pelicans. Brass was my choice, but either way, kudos for the franchise going in a unique direction. I remember I hated the Thunder nickname at first and it grew on me over time.

  17. #37
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,047

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    I really like this crest


    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  19. #38

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Oh I still hate the Thunder, but that's because I hate singular team names and I mean, "Thunder?" You couldn't come up with something just a little less generic? It's just so lazy, the name, the logo, the uniforms. I guess it is Clay Bennett though, he probably had his grandkids do it for free.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  21. #39
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,433

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Think the Jazz ownership might have a SLIGHT problem with that one TJ....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  23. #40
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,047

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think the Jazz ownership might have a SLIGHT problem with that one TJ....
    Meh, I think they lost their right to complain when they spent most of the 90's with Mountains as a logo for a team with the name Jazz.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  25. #41
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,208

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meh, I think they lost their right to complain when they spent most of the 90's with Mountains as a logo for a team with the name Jazz.
    I loved that logo.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  27. #42

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh I still hate the Thunder, but that's because I hate singular team names and I mean, "Thunder?" You couldn't come up with something just a little less generic? It's just so lazy, the name, the logo, the uniforms. I guess it is Clay Bennett though, he probably had his grandkids do it for free.
    Thunder have the worst colors, uniforms, and name in the league. Marshals was the better name for OKC when they had the name-the-team contest.

  28. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,152

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thunder have the worst colors, uniforms, and name in the league. Marshals was the better name for OKC when they had the name-the-team contest.
    I disagree, Bobcats is a worse name. Thunder is on par with Heat, which is only slightly better than Bobcats.

  29. #44

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh I still hate the Thunder, but that's because I hate singular team names and I mean, "Thunder?" You couldn't come up with something just a little less generic? It's just so lazy, the name, the logo, the uniforms. I guess it is Clay Bennett though, he probably had his grandkids do it for free.
    'Thunder' isn't even a tangible physical object, it's a sound (of course, you can say the same about the Heat).

    Maybe they didn't think that the Oklahoma City Sour was catchy enough.

  30. #45
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,830

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Mosquitos lol
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  31. #46
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,565
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    I like the logos, but the name just has no umph to it for me. Pelicans

    Due to the wild night life of the French Quarter, the name New Orleans Night seems to fit the bill every bit as much as the Heat or the Thunder, and leaves open virtually any logo and color combination.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:


  33. #47
    Member Smits Happens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    316

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    I've been pro-Pelican since I first heard it a few weeks ago. And that has not changed.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smits Happens For This Useful Post:


  35. #48
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,452

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    I can't stand that 99Designs website. Killing the value behind working with a real designer.

    I got 99 designs but a career aint one.

    Have you ever crowd sourced a mechanic, plumber, lawyer, doctor, an accountant?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  36. #49

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't stand that 99Designs website. Killing the value behind working with a real designer.

    I got 99 designs but a career aint one.

    Have you ever crowd sourced a mechanic, plumber, lawyer, doctor, an accountant?
    Would if I could. Either way, bit of a difference of opinion with the..."importance" of those professions.

  37. #50
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If you thought Pelicans was bad....

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan1991 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The NBA has filed five trademark names as potential replacements for the New Orleans Hornets: Pelicans, Rougarou, Mosquitos, Bullsharks, and Swamp Dogs
    So close...







    Mud Dogs, for the win!









    Mud Dogs! Mud Dogs! Mud Dogs!

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Hornets changing name to New Orleans Pelicans
    By Heisenberg in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 08:06 PM
  2. Report: Hornets to change nickname to Pelicans [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2012, 08:20 PM
  3. A fun thought...
    By wallaceX2 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 09:02 PM
  4. Another odd thought...
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •