Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pacers/Bucks Postlame Thread

Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postlame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've got a high jerk tolerance, but Dunleavy was a jerk. His hit on Tyler was personal and unprovoked. The number of guys that took a retaliatory hit on Dunleavy tells everything you need to know about how the rest of the team felt about him.
    Which retaliatory hit on Tyler? Not to mention he purposely tried to trip Tyler Dahntay-on-Kobe style.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Which retaliatory hit on Tyler? Not to mention he purposely tried to trip Tyler Dahntay-on-Kobe style.
    Retaliatory hit ON Dunleavy, not by him. As Drewtone noted, Dunleavy took an unprovoked head shot at Tyler the first time they matched up last season.

The rest of that game and in the next game, Dunleavy got fouled HARD by multiple Pacers.

EDIT: Here's the link to the original hit.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...Vs-Bucks/page9

And here's the discussion to the following game:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...ugh-v-Dunleavy
    Last edited by Anthem; 12-20-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Problem is that you have said it was out there for everyone to see, to the point of ridiculing people for not being able to remember that it was out there for everyone to see.

Rather than being snide, I was trying to politely ask for a pointer to refresh my memory. If this information is so easy and so plain to everyone else, it should be easy enough to provide the specifics.

Otherwise, if all you can do is claim it was out there but can't produce a reference, it makes it really tough to accept that your memory of it being in black and white is somehow better than my memory of it being pure speculation.

Can we deal with this as a request for information instead of a p**sing contest?
    Hey Bill. You're right, vnzla and I mis-remembered. The issue was never reported on by Indiana media. Instead, we found out from a discussion by the Milwaukee Bucks announcers, who told us that Dunleavy was disliked by the entire Pacers team, and that's why he hit Tyler in the head.

Unfortunately, I don't have a recording of it. You can find people discussing it, though, in this game thread:

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I still have the game on tape. The Bucks announcers mentioned it in that game, as well as in Tuesday's game.

And what I meant in my earlier post was which hit on Tyler? That 3/24 hit wasn't the first. MDJ hit him 3 or 4 times, including that game, and also tried to intentionally trip him.

I found it odd that the guy who really took a shot at Dunleavy, Barbosa, was a newcomer for the Pacers.

As for Dunleavy, I don't know what his problem was, but he was playing like Dennis Hopper's kid in Hoosiers after Hopper gets thrown out for being drunk.
    Last edited by imawhat; 12-20-2012 at 01:11 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I still have the game on tape. The Bucks announcers mentioned it in that game, as well as in Tuesday's game.

And what I meant in my earlier post was which hit on Tyler? That 3/24 hit wasn't the first. MDJ hit him 3 or 4 times, including that game, and also tried to intentionally trip him.
    Gotcha. We're talking about different things. When I said "retaliatory," I was talking about the multiple hits our guys gave Dunleavy the game after he broke Tyler's face.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gotcha. We're talking about different things. When I said "retaliatory," I was talking about the multiple hits our guys gave Dunleavy the game after he broke Tyler's face.
    I have no idea why this made me laugh, but it did. It probably shouldn't have.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:

Yep. I initially misread your post.

Banned

Retaliatory hit ON Dunleavy, not by him. As Drewtone noted, Dunleavy took an unprovoked head shot at Tyler the first time they matched up last season.

The rest of that game and in the next game, Dunleavy got fouled HARD by multiple Pacers.

EDIT: Here's the link to the original hit.

And here's the discussion to the following game:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...ugh-v-Dunleavy
    Here is a post explaining what was said on tv:

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    No, you got it backwards. I was listening to that game live on the Bucks feed and they said that Dun wasn't liked by anyone of his teammates and that he had no contact with any of them since the trade. They got that from Mike himself. He's an arrogant a-hole who thinks he's better than he really is, I never liked him and this latest episode makes me despise him even more. He has continued to go for head shots on Tyler and I was surprised that knee last night didn't do more damage. He is a *****, he has tried to make it all look accidental when, in fact, it's all on purpose. **** Mike, we're so much better without him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Here is a post explaining what was said on tv:
    Hibbert had it backwards, I remember going back and checking my LPBB feed after I saw that.

//EDIT//

I just checked on the next page and I actually posted about it:

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    No, you got it backwards as far as the announcers were saying. He was, in fact, talking about Hansbrough. George HIll was shooting at the line at the 10:33 mark in the 4th quarter, March 24th if you wanna check it out.

What he said was:

"You mentioned when hansbrough broke in, we were told at the time he was not well liked by his teammates. Dunleavy was one of them. Not that he didn't like him, he was one of his teammates."

I don't remember where I read this but when questioned about the hit Dunleavy replied that Tyler knew what he had done to deserve that, which I remember being taken back by that statement because he was admitting to an intentonal hit that caused some actual damage. I was surprised the league never stepped in on that one.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post: