Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bucks Postlame Thread

Banned

Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You didn't miss anything. There was never any reports that specifically named a player.
    typical I have not seen it so it didn't happen, good try.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Do you know specifically why Dunleavy and Tyler don't like each other?
    There was never an explanation about those two but for what I remember the report is that nobody liked Dunleavy because he was arrogant and was not a good teammate.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postlame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I remember Dunleavy being critical of his teammates because they were doing what they weren't supposed to be doing. Like being in the correct spot defensively or knowing the plays offensively. If that makes him a negative person in the locker room, I guess I can live with that.

Doesn't matter now, he's been gone for almost two years.

I will argue that he played pretty well here before his injuries. And he was effective last night
    Thank you. That is EXACTLY what the problem was with Dunleavy. Accountability... as in he believed in it and had the habit of calling his teammates out on it behind the closed doors of the locker room. The younger players did not take well to it. As a result, he rubbed Hansbrough and sometimes Rush as well, the wrong way.

However, even though we were constantly having Rush vs. DunJr debates here on the forum, Rush and Dunleavy usually played very well together, at least for the little that they were actually on the court together.

Dunleavy was not arrogant. He simply has an excellent bball IQ and tried to provide the benefits of his knowledge to his teammates. For those that did not wish to partake of that knowledge, I suppose their perspective may have been that he was a "know it all". To me that does not make him arrogant, nor does it make him a bad teammate.
    Last edited by beast23; 12-19-2012 at 03:03 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    There was never an explanation about those two but for what I remember the report is that nobody liked Dunleavy because he was arrogant and was not a good teammate.
    It was well established that this was the case in Golden State, so it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't change in Indiana, even if it wasn't as public.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    It was well established that this was the case in Golden State, so it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't change in Indiana, even if it wasn't as public.
    The Pacers are one of the best franchises at keeping secrets, and not letting things out of the house when it isn't supposed to.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Thank you. That is EXACTLY what the problem was with Dunleavy. Accountability... as in he believed in it and had the habit of calling his teammates out on it behind the closed doors of the locker room. The younger players did not take well to it. As a result, he rubbed Hansbrough and sometimes Rush as well, the wrong way.

However, even though we were constantly having Rush vs. DunJr debates here on the forum, Rush and Dunleavy usually played very well together, at least for the little that they were actually on the court together.

Dunleavy was not arrogant. He simply has an excellent bball IQ and tried to provide the benefits of his knowledge to his teammates. For those that did not wish to partake of that knowledge, I suppose their perspective may have been that he was a "know it all". To me that does not make him arrogant, nor does it make him a bad teammate.

If nothing but anecdotal, he certainly was a bit of an arrogant pr!ck to my 8 year old kid trying to get an autograph back in 2008 before a game at Conseco, whereas all the other players and ushers were extremely nice.
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drewtone For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I don't like Dunleavy now that he's not a Pacer....cuz every time that we play the Bucks...he torches us and finds some way to put up good numbers.

However...I will admit this....given that we have slowed down to a half-court offense that is very effective when there is a lot of on and off ball movement....this coupled with our much improved defense ....I'd rather give him whatever Green was paid and have Dunleavy on the Team. Dunleavy's Basketball IQ would do wonders coming off the bench. I'm tired of seeing Green do something stupid and turn the ball over.

Now...if Green could only hit a frickin shot....that'd be great
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

The burden of proof should always be with the person making a claim. Maybe you could show us some of these articles?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    The Pacers are one of the best franchises at keeping secrets, and not letting things out of the house when it isn't supposed to.
    There's also pretty much all of one guy that legitimately covers the team. Easy to say "hey, shut up when Wells is around."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I still think he was the guy who allegedly decided not to run sprints when the friend of the friend posted on here about getting into practice and being shocked who was causing problems.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo

I could easily see Dunleavy being an entitled dbag, especially on the bad teams he was on here. Still think he's a good player I wish was on our team though.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Some of the guys who are supposed to be the good guys in a locker room are the biggest pains in the ***. Some of the players are who are supposed to be the bad guys in a locker room are the best teammates in there.

Mike Dunleavy is neither of these. He's just a guy who tries to do his job. Like 90% of the players in the NBA.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Problem is that you have said it was out there for everyone to see, to the point of ridiculing people for not being able to remember that it was out there for everyone to see.

Rather than being snide, I was trying to politely ask for a pointer to refresh my memory. If this information is so easy and so plain to everyone else, it should be easy enough to provide the specifics.

Otherwise, if all you can do is claim it was out there but can't produce a reference, it makes it really tough to accept that your memory of it being in black and white is somehow better than my memory of it being pure speculation.

Can we deal with this as a request for information instead of a p**sing contest?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    There's also pretty much all of one guy that legitimately covers the team. Easy to say "hey, shut up when Wells is around."
    But the claim is that Wells SAID Dunleavy was the problem. How does that reconcile with "Dunleavy was the problem but Wells didn't know about it because everyone kept it a secret"?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    Pacers give another game away. Hibbert played like a pacemate. Hill gets torched. West was awful and if Stephenson is not going to do anything or be allowed to do anything sit his a__s on the bench. The team did not come ready to play. This is exactly why they are just average and nothing more. The coaching matched the play. Pathetic
    LOL...He Played WORSE than a Pacemate...LOL

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    But the claim is that Wells SAID Dunleavy was the problem. How does that reconcile with "Dunleavy was the problem but Wells didn't know about it because everyone kept it a secret"?
    Is it? I dunno, skimmed most of the thread lol. Didn't realize I was making a reply to a statement that needed context.

Problem is that you have said it was out there for everyone to see, to the point of ridiculing people for not being able to remember that it was out there for everyone to see.

Rather than being snide, I was trying to politely ask for a pointer to refresh my memory. If this information is so easy and so plain to everyone else, it should be easy enough to provide the specifics.

Otherwise, if all you can do is claim it was out there but can't produce a reference, it makes it really tough to accept that your memory of it being in black and white is somehow better than my memory of it being pure speculation.

Can we deal with this as a request for information instead of a p**sing contest?

I think he speculated sometime on twitter about it, but I think it really got started on that Bucks/Pacers game where Dunleavy mauled Tyler. And the Bucks announcers started talking about how Dunleavy had complained of Tyler's antics. Anything Wells said was in response to the chatter started by that. That is what I remember of the situation.

I don't think he ever came out and said it plainly that one guy was the problem or not. Plus you have to think the Pacers wouldn't look too kindly on guy releasing private locker room details out to the public.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Re-read! I said spacing AFTER puncuation.

You aren't the 1st on a forum to run everything together. If that's your lazy calling card, so be it. I just don't see why you would make it difficult for others to read.

Your absolutely right, it's my problem, but its one that I can very easily rectify by NOT reading your posts in that type of a format. Your choice.
    Ah got ya.It's not being lazy (bit harsh to say the least...),it's just the way i usually write (without spacing after punctuation) but I think I usually leave some space between sentences (when there are many).
    About "being your problem", don't twist it. I thought you said that there was no punctuation at all and that's why I mentioned it.

Please DO rectify it, if it causes you discomfort.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 12-19-2012 at 06:24 PM.

I don't understand the hate on Green, he is missing shots, so you guys hate Green because he is missing some shots? I understand why you could thing he is a one hit wonder but still, he is not AWFUL he is still averaging 7 ppg, look at him when he plays, he just lacks confidence, I believe he will break out of it

29. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I don't understand the hate on Green, he is missing shots, so you guys hate Green because he is missing some shots? I understand why you could thing he is a one hit wonder but still, he is not AWFUL he is still averaging 7 ppg, look at him when he plays, he just lacks confidence, I believe he will break out of it
    The hate is over done, but he hasn't been playing smart on top of missing shots.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    His decision making is not so good too. It is what it is with the bad offense this year,when he enters, most of the time he doesn't offer anything good to the team. Mediocre shooting at best, decision making not so sound as I previously said and he turns the ball over stupidly some times. Remember at the start who wasn't able to make a single inbound pass?

That's my take from what i have seen of him so far and i truly believe he's not such a good player where you will say "OK,he's just having a rough patch at the moment,he will turn it around any moment".

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    His decision making is not so good too. It is what it is with the bad offense this year,when he enters, most of the time he doesn't offer anything good to the team. Mediocre shooting at best, decision making not so sound as I previously said and he turns the ball over stupidly some times. Remember at the start who wasn't able to make a single inbound pass?

That's my take from what i have seen of him so far and i truly believe he's not such a good player where you will say "OK,he's just having a rough patch at the moment,he will turn it around any moment".
    But he will learn the system better and learn what he's supposed to do. Once that happens he will know where he can go with the ball immediately. If he has to be a creator he's going to have lots of turnovers no matter how much time he's here. But as long as he gets to the point where he consistently makes a good read of the situation, we will be fine.

The difference between Green and a guy like Paul is that you want Paul making the best read every time. With your backup, you can handle him missing the best option as long as he does something proactive.

Say it out loud. Graham Mernatsi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Ah got ya.It's not being lazy (bit harsh to say the least...),it's just the way i usually write (without spacing after punctuation)
    Harsh? Hardly. "Lazy" is the best possible interpretation. All of the other ways to interpret your posts are even less complimentary.

No. Dunleavy's right to claim "high bball IQ" was relinquished after too many behind-the-back passes to nobody. Dunleavy would frequently call out the other guys for his own mistakes. According to him, he never made a mistake. Everything bad that happened was somebody else's fault.

I've got a high jerk tolerance, but Dunleavy was a jerk. His hit on Tyler was personal and unprovoked. The number of guys that took a retaliatory hit on Dunleavy tells everything you need to know about how the rest of the team felt about him.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    No. Dunleavy's right to claim "high bball IQ" was relinquished after too many behind-the-back passes to nobody. Dunleavy would frequently call out the other guys for his own mistakes. According to him, he never made a mistake. Everything bad that happened was somebody else's fault.

I've got a high jerk tolerance, but Dunleavy was a jerk. His hit on Tyler was personal and unprovoked. The number of guys that took a retaliatory hit on Dunleavy tells everything you need to know about how the rest of the team felt about him.
    My biggest issue with this is that is was a blatant head-shot on a guy who was known to be going through post-concussion/vertigo issues at the time. He's lucky no one tried to take out his bum knee.
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky