Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bucks Postlame Thread

Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For some reason,i blame that awful play too the most.It was like he killed any momentum we could get by scoring in that play.Can't hide the fact he enraged me even more than Hibbert does offensively this year.He didn't have a single clue what to do at that fast break.Lance did the same too.But I'm sick of Green's shortcomings.He's just not good enough and i will say it again.I dread the moment we go into playoffs and we still have him on our roster and still use him.Finally,regarding Hibbert,he missed yesterday several baskets that the ball "rimmed out".Thing is,this season,i have seen him missing tens of it.You could attribute it that much down to luck.He simply doesn't have the conviction when he gets up.Last night he got blocked twice i think.Here we are having a 7"2 center who is under the basket,he pump fakes like he's Nate Robinson and refuses to/can't dunk.

Spacing between sentences and punctuation makes posts easier to read!!

Banned

It was reported that Dunleavy was a team cancer, there is a reason why he has issues with Tyler and others anytime we play the Bucks.

Suckleavy sucked here anyway so let's stop acting like he was a great player.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 12-19-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postlame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    His 6-16 37% shooting didn't help either. It doesn't look good when your SF had more Ast than your PG who had only 3 Ast. 15 Asts in this game is pathetic. Terrible ball movement and poor shooting , 40%, were contributing factors. I'm not laying the cause on Hill, b/c if he had had his average of 5 asts it still was too low of a overall total # of asts for the Pacers.

The TO's in the 1st half dug the Pacers in a hole. You don't win many games having 20 TO's along with poor shooting.
    G.Hill: 6-16
    P. george: 6-15
    D. West: 5-14
    R. Hibbert: 4-10
    L. Stephenson: 1-5

Combined 16-44 36% shooting from our starters.

Hill played bad, but so did EVERYONE else in the starting line-up. I was more angry that PG didn't score more simply because he had the biggest mismatch on the floor with Dunleavy guarding him most of the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    It was reported that Dunleavy was a team cancer, there is a reason why he has issues with Tyler and others anytime we play the Bucks.

Suckleavy sucked here anyway so let's stop acting like he was a some great player here.
    Not that it matters now, but where are the reports that he was a cancer. I do not recall those. (maybe reports he wasn't the most popular player on the team amongst the players, but that is a far cry from being a cancer. But I could have missed the reports)

He was the best player on the team one year. So to suggest he sucked here is just wrong, by any measure. He got injured, the team moved in a different direction, but he hardly sucked.

He did average 19.1 points per game in 2008. He played in all 82 games, shot 48% from the field 4.2% from 3, 3.5 assists per game, 5 rebounds per game. He was really good that year and in that one year, IMO he was better than Granger in that one year
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 12-19-2012 at 11:19 AM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Not that it matters now, but where are the reports that he was a cancer. I do not recall those. (maybe reports he wasn't the most popular player on the team amongst the players, but that is a far cry from being a cancer. But I could have missed the reports)

He was the best player on the team one year. So to suggest he sucked here is just wrong, by any measure. He got injured, the team moved in a different direction, but he hardly sucked

Oh yes it was reported by Wells that he was a team cancer reason why the Pacers did not even call him once he left and I'm sorry to disagree with you but yes he sucked all the years but one.

He was the best player on the team one year. So to suggest he sucked here is just wrong, by any measure. He got injured, the team moved in a different direction, but he hardly sucked.

He did average 19.1 points per game in 2008. He played in all 82 games, shot 48% from the field 4.2% from 3, 3.5 assists per game, 5 rebounds per game. He was really good that year and in that one year, IMO he was better than Granger in that one year
    After last year's game and the incident with Tyler I posed the theory that the 2010 anonymous malcontent that Wells said "No one would expect" was actually Mike. Because in 2010 I wouldn't have believed he was a problem in the locker room, but after he played that game like he had some sort of vendetta I started to think it might be the case.
    Last edited by TinManJoshua; 12-19-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Damn autocorrect

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Weren't we all excited?! He looked like he could bring a good 3pt stroke as well as an "excitement factor" to the team during the pre season.

The thing that makes it worse is that here recently he's been getting himself good shots. He elevates so well on mid range J's as well as the open 3's, and he just can't get a damn thing to drop. IDK if OJ can do any better, but I'm sure he probably cannot do any worse so who knows.
    Where did that stroke go man? I mean he knocks down shots every now and then, but why no consistency? If anything at all he should still have that part of his game I would think.
    When all of your wishes are granted many of your dreams will be destroyed -MM

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Spacing between sentences and punctuation makes posts easier to read!!
    I'll give you the first one although it wasn't such a long text.The punctuation is there though!!If you can't see it,it's not my problem.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    Yeah, I am ashamed that I was actually excited when we signed him.
    True story...

I was talking to a co-worker of mine from Cleveland. We were talking about Pacers and the Cavs. I told him that the Pacers should be better because they improved the bench. He says, "Really? Who'd they get?". I told him they got Mahinmi, Augustin, and Green.
    The look on his face was incredulous. His response - "And you think that's a better bench?"

PG did not look all there to me last night... I don't know if he was worn down or what... But his shots just did not look crisp to me... I thought he might go off for us in the final minutes after that mean in traffic slam... But immediately afterwards his shot still looked out of sorts...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    After last year's game and the incident with Tyler I posed the theory that the 2010 anonymous malcontent that Wells said "No one would expect" was actually Mike. Because in 2010 I wouldn't have believed he was a problem in the locker room, but after he played that game like he had some sort of vendetta I started to think it might be the case.

so him going after Tyler proves he was a problem in the locker room? Why didn't he go after other players. Why just Tyler. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Oh yes it was reported by Wells that he was a team cancer reason why the Pacers did not even call him once he left and I'm sorry to disagree with you but yes he sucked all the years but one.
    Unclebuck, if you want to quibble over the word "cancer" then that's fine (it's a little stronger than I'd say it), but vnzla's correct here; It was reported multiple times that Dunleavy was a significant negative in the locker room.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

so him going after Tyler proves he was a problem in the locker room? Why didn't he go after other players. Why just Tyler. Doesn't make any sense to me.
    I didn't say it proves anything. Just postulated a theory. I could be wrong, probably am.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Which one? The one where he dribbled the ball off of his foot? Or one of the many other bad plays.
    At least he wasn't settling for a 3 on that play. Think positive...

I'm not thrilled with Young's recent play either. Besides the occasional good play he's been pretty bad the last couple weeks defensively. We could definitely use some help on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I agree, his defense wasn't terrible. But at some point, the defender or the coaches need to recognize the guy is smoking hot and force him away from the perimeter. Maybe not after burn #2, but certainly after burn #7.
    Paul should of been on Jennings down the stretch, and Hill should of been on Monta. It's a better matchup for both players anyway IMO. Jennings hit some tough shots, but he wouldn't have even been able to get half those shots up with PG guarding him. I don't know what Frank's thinking sometimes. When a players red hot like that, we need our best defender on him.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

I remember Dunleavy being critical of his teammates because they were doing what they weren't supposed to be doing. Like being in the correct spot defensively or knowing the plays offensively. If that makes him a negative person in the locker room, I guess I can live with that.

Doesn't matter now, he's been gone for almost two years.

I will argue that he played pretty well here before his injuries. And he was effective last night
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 12-19-2012 at 01:50 PM.

"Team Cancer" is such a overused buzz word here. That's not how it was, he was liked by his teammates here. I think he had a problem with Tyler and that was the only negative reporting I have heard about him. Cro mentioned it last night on the TV broadcast.

As far as how he played as a Pacer, he played ok some of the time, he played great very little of the time (but he had a few amazing games), and he played awful or was injured the majority of his time here.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

"Team Cancer" is such a overused buzz word here. That's not how it was, he was liked by his teammates here. I think he had a problem with Tyler and that was the only negative reporting I have heard about him. Cro mentioned it last night on the TV broadcast.

As far as how he played as a Pacer, he played ok some of the time, he played great very little of the time (but he had a few amazing games), and he played awful or was injured the majority of his time here.
    I've always wondered what the problem with Tyler was. This is a complete guess, but maybe Tyler fouled him hard in practice or something and Dunleavy overreacted? That seems plausible enough to me, and it would make sense considering how hard Dunleavy fouled him last year. Or sometimes people just don't like each other for whatever reason.

Dunleavy's play is just another argument for the importance of Danny in the Pacer's scheme of things. It seems to me at least Dunleavy would last about a quarter and a half if Danny had played. Or however long it took Danny to foul him out in the post. This game was just another example of the importance of Danny's skill set to the Pacer's play.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    Paul should of been on Jennings down the stretch, and Hill should of been on Monta. It's a better matchup for both players anyway IMO. Jennings hit some tough shots, but he wouldn't have even been able to get half those shots up with PG guarding him. I don't know what Frank's thinking sometimes. When a players red hot like that, we need our best defender on him.
    If George Hill is going to be a cornerstone for this franchise, he has to win these types of PG matchups. PG is easily the most talented position in thee argue right now; no he isn't going to win the matchups against superstar Points, but against inefficient chuckers like Jennings, he's gotta do better. And he normally does, I'm just saying he needed to last night if we were gonna win.

We shouldn't have to ask our 6'9 wing who needs to be a bigger option offensively; to try nd shut down a lil guard like Jennings. For 40 Mil, Hill can't struggle against guys like that imo
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 12-19-2012 at 02:05 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    Where did that stroke go man? I mean he knocks down shots every now and then, but why no consistency? If anything at all he should still have that part of his game I would think.
    I don't think that he's put in the best possible position for him to succeed. Green is a good post up player and a spot up shooter. Running him around screens can work but we have to start posting him up. He is not a shot creator. We shouldn't use him as one.

It's no coincidence that he had a great game in OKC when he was posting up for the majority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    I'll give you the first one although it wasn't such a long text.The punctuation is there though!!If you can't see it,it's not my problem.

Re-read! I said spacing AFTER puncuation.

You aren't the 1st on a forum to run everything together. If that's your lazy calling card, so be it. I just don't see why you would make it difficult for others to read.

Your absolutely right, it's my problem, but its one that I can very easily rectify by NOT reading your posts in that type of a format. Your choice.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Banned

It was reported that Murphy, Suckleavy and Jones were not the perfect models I'm the locker room, Wells reported this a lot of times, like I said before somebody should make this an sticky so we don't have to revisit it every two weeks.

It was reported that Murphy, Suckleavy and Jones were not the perfect models I'm the locker room, Wells reported this a lot of times, like I said before somebody should make this an sticky so we don't have to revisit it every two weeks.
    Do you know specifically why Dunleavy and Tyler don't like each other?

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Did a search and tried to find the post that referred to Wells specifically saying Dunleavy was a problem (other than mentions of him getting on his teammates about what they did on the floor), and can't actually find a quote from Wells. I can find a lot of quotes about there being locker room issues and SPECULATION it was Dunleavy, but I can't find a direct statement.

Now, that may just be that I missed it due to the inability of the forum search to give anything but entire threads as search results, but I'd appreciate a pointer to the specific quotes. And tweets about guys having words on the floor don't count as confirmation that guys hate each other or are cancers.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Did a search and tried to find the post that referred to Wells specifically saying Dunleavy was a problem (other than mentions of him getting on his teammates about what they did on the floor), and can't actually find a quote from Wells. I can find a lot of quotes about there being locker room issues and SPECULATION it was Dunleavy, but I can't find a direct statement.

Now, that may just be that I missed it due to the inability of the forum search to give anything but entire threads as search results, but I'd appreciate a pointer to the specific quotes. And tweets about guys having words on the floor don't count as confirmation that guys hate each other or are cancers.
    You didn't miss anything. There was never any reports that specifically named a player.