Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bucks Postlame Thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postgame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No new news on Danny, two more months.

And regarding OJ I have not seen anything positive from the guy but at this point they should try him over Green, Green is just bad.
    Yeah, I am ashamed that I was actually excited when we signed him.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    I blame Green. We lost our momentum on that fast break where he just tossed the ball in the air...god i hate him
    Kind of weird to pin it all on that play. The story of the game is how many times we pissed away the ball and gave them multiple chances to stick around and then pull ahead.

Mood

Default Re: Pacers/Bucks Postlame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    We won't see another opportunity this year to move up in the standings this much in one night. It's a shame.
    It is a shame that we lost, but that is just not true.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    I thanked your post because you are the first person to admit that mistake.

Mood

He has just been abysmal man. I mean for a guy that was thrilled and acted surprised that a team pursued him like the Pacers did, I don't know what the heck is going on. Maybe he is putting too much pressure on himself...or maybe he is just awful. I'm leaning towards the latter at the moment.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

On a positive note Ian looked great today I thought I was watching preseason again, A+ to him today.
    Probbaly the best game of the seaosn for the bench as a whole. Bizarre the starters decided tonight would be a good time to lay an egg.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Probbaly the best game of the seaosn for the bench as a whole. Bizarre the starters decided tonight would be a good time to lay an egg.
    It is odd, especially since the Bucks seemed to get extra amped about our games.

He has just been abysmal man. I mean for a guy that was thrilled and acted surprised that a team pursued him like the Pacers did, I don't know what the heck is going on.
    i guess the surprise wasn't just "false modesty"...but who knows, he still has some time to get it together, and if he doesn't Sam Young can replace him in the rotation upon DG's return

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I just finished watching the game. All I have to say is that I hate Dunleavy. He has a tendency to find ways to end up beating us.

Eff Dunleavy. That is all I have to say for tonight.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I still like Dunleavy. Always did.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Am I crazy to think that Hill's defense on Jennings wasn't abysmal? Jennings was 7 of 10 from midrange. Most of those shots were of the step back variety with a hand in Jennings face. A good strategy against good scoring guards is to force them into midrange jumpers. Getting a hand in their face is a bonus. I don't think it is fair to blame Hill because Jennings was hot.

Now, the 3 point foul... that was bad. But overall, it is lazy to look at the box score and blame Hill.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    Am I crazy to think that Hill's defense on Jennings wasn't abysmal? Jennings was 7 of 10 from midrange. Most of those shots were of the step back variety with a hand in Jennings face. A good strategy against good scoring guards is to force them into midrange jumpers. Getting a hand in their face is a bonus. I don't think it is fair to blame Hill because Jennings was hot.

Now, the 3 point foul... that was bad. But overall, it is lazy to look at the box score and blame Hill.
    I agree, his defense wasn't terrible. But at some point, the defender or the coaches need to recognize the guy is smoking hot and force him away from the perimeter. Maybe not after burn #2, but certainly after burn #7.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Not sure about being the first.

I thought Green looked pretty good with the Nets, but that was a case of simply not seeing a player enough to realize all of his shortcomings. I blame the Pacers scouts for that

But yeah Green has been horrible. Hopefully when Danny comes back Green can sit at the end of the bench.

As far as the game - I thought the Pacers lost the game in the first half. Too many turnovers. Pacers should have had a 10-12 lead at halftime. The Bucks then came out in the third quarter and really played extremely well. Pacers started the 4th quarter playing really well. Yeah the first half is where the game was lost.

I do give the Bucks defense some credit though, typical Skiles defense that always gives us trouble. I think the key with the bucks is when they have enough energy to play that defense they are good
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 12-19-2012 at 09:19 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

HC

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I thought Green looked pretty good with the Nets, but that was a case of simply not seeing a player enough to realize all of his shortcomings. I blame the Pacers scouts for that
    I want to know what is different about the Nets that allowed him to play so well there, and so bad here.

Yeah, I've tried to be patient with Green, hoping he would eventually establish something. At the time, I though it would at least be a decent signing, possibly even better.

At the same time, I did recognize the risk involved in both the Green and Agustin pickups, and Mahinmi to a lesser extent. All guys who would appear to have the tools, but not a consistent track record at putting it all together. So we gambled a little on their potential (as opposed to established guys like Jones and Barbosa) with hopes that they would realize it. Mahinmi has been acceptable, but the other have failed miserably so far.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I want to know what is different about the Nets that allowed him to play so well there, and so bad here.
    I would think Deron Williams would be a start.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    Kind of weird to pin it all on that play.
    For some reason,i blame that awful play too the most.It was like he killed any momentum we could get by scoring in that play.Can't hide the fact he enraged me even more than Hibbert does offensively this year.He didn't have a single clue what to do at that fast break.Lance did the same too.But I'm sick of Green's shortcomings.He's just not good enough and i will say it again.I dread the moment we go into playoffs and we still have him on our roster and still use him.Finally,regarding Hibbert,he missed yesterday several baskets that the ball "rimmed out".Thing is,this season,i have seen him missing tens of it.You could attribute it that much down to luck.He simply doesn't have the conviction when he gets up.Last night he got blocked twice i think.Here we are having a 7"2 center who is under the basket,he pump fakes like he's Nate Robinson and refuses to/can't dunk.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 12-19-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I just finished watching the game. All I have to say is that I hate Dunleavy. He has a tendency to find ways to end up beating us.

Eff Dunleavy. That is all I have to say for tonight.
    Wait, isn't that "Mike Dunleavy the worst defensive player ever to set foot on a basketball court since the invention of the peach basket"? Seems we should have torched him for 30 or 40 points, right? Isn't his offensive contribution misleading since he is so bad at the defensive end?

Or has he magically gotten better since he is no longer a Pacer...
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Weren't we all excited?! He looked like he could bring a good 3pt stroke as well as an "excitement factor" to the team during the pre season.

The thing that makes it worse is that here recently he's been getting himself good shots. He elevates so well on mid range J's as well as the open 3's, and he just can't get a damn thing to drop. IDK if OJ can do any better, but I'm sure he probably cannot do any worse so who knows.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

HC

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Wait, isn't that "Mike Dunleavy the worst defensive player ever to set foot on a basketball court since the invention of the peach basket"? Seems we should have torched him for 30 or 40 points, right? Isn't his offensive contribution misleading since he is so bad at the defensive end?

Or has he magically gotten better since he is no longer a Pacer...
    Though you're being sarcastic, you're right. he SHOULD have been getting touched, but instead PG wasn't up to the challenge. Kind of shows he hasn't quite turned the corner just yet. (Although, he should have had more FGA since West was in a funk)

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I still like Dunleavy. Always did.
    I never figured out why we let him leave here for MLE money after paying him big money for all those years. I always thought PG could learn a lot from Duns, then Duns could be his and Danny's backup. Still don't understand it, but I don't blame him for putting a dagger in us every chance he gets.Oh, and I'd trade Green for Duns today!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

why're people talking about playoff seedings in the middle of December?
    Same reason people talk about what players they'd like to draft this coming June w/o knowing what pick the Pacers will have or if that player would even be available.

As you alluded to, it's just too early to discuss... either one.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 12-19-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Mood

The first quarter I thought was very effectively played besides the turnovers. What bothered me was how impatient we became as the game went on with getting the ball into the deep post. When we are really good we don't pass the ball to Roy when he is outside of 6 Feet from the basket. If he gets muscled out, we just work the ball around until he re-establishes deep position. As the game progressed we became satisfied with him catching the ball 8+ Feet away from the goal where he has been relatively ineffective this season. We gotta get better

35. The Following User Says Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:

J7F

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post

know the boxscore but Hill was outplayed by Ben Hanbrough tonight. Hill's decision making was horrible tonight.

His 6-16 37% shooting didn't help either. It doesn't look good when your SF had more Ast than your PG who had only 3 Ast. 15 Asts in this game is pathetic. Terrible ball movement and poor shooting , 40%, were contributing factors. I'm not laying the cause on Hill, b/c if he had had his average of 5 asts it still was too low of a overall total # of asts for the Pacers.

The TO's in the 1st half dug the Pacers in a hole. You don't win many games having 20 TO's along with poor shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post

I would trade Green and Augustin for Dunleavy in a heartbeat if it were fiscially possible

I said last year the Bucks got a real deal when getting Dunleavy at 3.75 mil. He's basically making the same money as Green and Augustin each do, and the combination of the 2 don't even come close to what Dunleavy overall produces for the Bucks. Dunleavy is money well spent for the Bucks. Great addition to their bench!

Then add in Dunleavy has extra reason to play hard against his former team, the Pacers.