Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fields contract is just so bad.

Would like Corey Brewer on this team.
    So is Taj Gibson. $35M over the next 5? Hahahahahaha

How about Granger, Augustin, Hansbrough for Gasol. We wouldn't need any other post besides Gasol, Hibbert, and West because they all can take starters minutes. So basically wed add Gasol to what we have right now. I think we could beat the Heat with those 3. Not saying LA would do it but Danny would fit in with DAntoni better than Gasol.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Danny can't get traded now, I can't wait to see him back. With a healthy West and Paul getting it together and Hill being under more control then ever before. This team should put fear in all opposing teams. Like to see some double teams on our starting five. To think Lance and Gerald is taking Danny's minutes and they are in almost every game, I just can't wait to see Danny back and all healthy playing against the Heat in the playoffs...this time the Heat will be cooled.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Wright so outperformed his contract hell he out performed it his first year in GS

Rush and Wright are better players than Green.
    Rush and Wright may very well be better players than Green. Thus, they deserve the better contracts they got. But is Landry so much better than Green? He isn't.

Are Gee or Brewer better than Green? They are players that have similar traits and perform on a similar level.

That was my whole point. That paying $3.5 mil for an athletic wing that can shoot the 3 is pretty much what you call a reasonable contract.

Whether Green will prove worth it or don't, that's irrelevant. The contract was still reasonable under the premises that it was given. Some risks just don't work out.

However, we have to wait and see before we judge if Green is worth the contract or not

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    So is Taj Gibson. $35M over the next 5? Hahahahahaha
    As long as Rose comes back anywhere near the player he was, I think it's a good move. He is a perfect player alongside Rose. Of course, the fact that they need Rose for him to play up to his contract does make you look kind of sideways at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Rush and Wright may very well be better players than Green. Thus, they deserve the better contracts they got. But is Landry so much better than Green? He isn't.

Are Gee or Brewer better than Green? They are players that have similar traits and perform on a similar level.

That was my whole point. That paying $3.5 mil for an athletic wing that can shoot the 3 is pretty much what you call a reasonable contract.

Whether Green will prove worth it or don't, that's irrelevant. The contract was still reasonable under the premises that it was given. Some risks just don't work out.

However, we have to wait and see before we judge if Green is worth the contract or not
    I actually think Landry is one of the premier backups in this league. He would be a good starter if he weren't so inconsistent. But he has nights where he comes out and just dominates offensively.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

how about the Pacers try to get Tyreke Evans, I think Augustin, Hansbrough and a 1st rounder might persuade Sacramento to send him to Indy, we might have to switch Green with Hansbrough though. TBH I would give them my first and second rounder for him
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 12-18-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    how about the Pacers try to get Tyreke Evans, I think Augustin, Hansbrough and a 1st rounder might persuade Sacramento to send him to Indy, we might have to switch Green with Hansbrough though. TBH I would give them my first and second rounder for him
    Tyreke is still their best player when he isn't playing stupidly, so I think they would give hiim more value than that. But I don't think they do that trade because they have a ridiculous amount of point guards and power forwards on their roster lol

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Tyreke is still their best player when he isn't playing stupidly, so I think they would give hiim more value than that. But I don't think they do that trade because they have a ridiculous amount of point guards and power forwards on their roster lol
    I believe they trade him, he is probably walking at the end of his contact so if they see good value they will probably ship him, and 2 extra draft picks for next year plus Augustin and Hansbrough (could switch Green in with Hansbrough) seems like good value

Sports Logo

I actually think Landry is one of the premier backups in this league. He would be a good starter if he weren't so inconsistent. But he has nights where he comes out and just dominates offensively.
    You're talking about Landry Fields? The man who has scored just 12 points in 107 minutes so far this season?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You're talking about Landry Fields? The man who has scored just 12 points in 107 minutes so far this season?
    He is probably talking about Carl which is correct dude is great off the bench GS has 7 starters.

I remember when everyone tried to convince me and select others that Landry wasn't a upgrade over Hans lol those were the good ol days.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

billbradley

He is probably talking about Carl which is correct dude is great off the bench GS has 7 starters.

I remember when everyone tried to convince me and select others that Landry wasn't a upgrade over Hans lol those were the good ol days.
    In fairness, wasn't that when we wanted Nene or West?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Think I just read that TEvans is going to sit for awhile with a knee problem? How about DJA for Fredette?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    In fairness, wasn't that when we wanted Nene or West?
    Yes me included, however people kept dismissing Landry saying he wasn't better than Hans it was funny. Landry for 30mpg really would solve a ton of our bench woes.

I was always in favor of kicking hans to the curve cant stand guys who play like that. We still need to get rid of his PT

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    Think I just read that TEvans is going to sit for awhile with a knee problem? How about DJA for Fredette?
    Jimmer is the only guy on that team that looks like he cares why would you trade that for a sleepwalking pg.

Sports Logo

Carl Landry is amazing off the bench but I wasn't talking about him, was I?

I was talking about Landry Fields. The man who is paid almost double the salary that Gerald Green is and has scored 12 points on 24 shots so far this season.

How did we even get to Carl Landry

Mood

I was talking about Landry Fields. The man who is paid almost double the salary that Gerald Green is and has scored 12 points on 24 shots so far this season.

That is why I assumed he meant Carl, Fields has been one of the worst players in the league this year

20. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Because you were using all last names only except for him and I honestly had forgotten about Landry Fields lol

22. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Because you were using all last names only except for him and I honestly had forgotten about Landry Fields lol
    Yeah, I guess you have a point. I tend to use first names when I deem them exotic enough. I just thought that since I mentioned Landry Fields in my previous post it would be implied that I was talking about him. But yeah I guess that is my bad for clarifying

On the other hand, I do find it funny that you have forgotten about Landry Fields. Guess that you are not the only one either

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

After going over about 30 hours of old game vid with DJ playing for the Cats. There is just no excuse of his play with the Pacers. Something just isn't right. I wonder if he just don't like it here. Issues with the players or coaches. Maybe i'ts just not being comfortable with a new team. I mean he is only 25 and has only played for the Cats. Just doesn't make sense cause the dude can ball! I really hope he gets it together. I have confidence he will!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Clear Capspace for the 2013-2014 season and make a run for him in the offseason.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    After going over about 30 hours of old game vid with DJ playing for the Cats. There is just no excuse of his play with the Pacers. Something just isn't right. I wonder if he just don't like it here. Issues with the players or coaches. Maybe i'ts just not being comfortable with a new team. I mean he is only 25 and has only played for the Cats. Just doesn't make sense cause the dude can ball! I really hope he gets it together. I have confidence he will!
    I think that he is an up-tempo type of PG and simply is a very poor fit for a half-court offense.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

so DJ, West and Sam Young are the only ones that i can see that dont have an offer on the sheet for next season. Tyler, Ben and pendergraph all of qualifying offers on the table, any thoughts on trying to aquire Gerald Henderson via trade? he would help scoring off the bench and if Plumlee is ready to play a little at the 4 with Pendergraph then i see it possibly working