Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 172

Thread: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I noticed this morning McGuire had been picked up by them. He was never starting material for the Raptors... even in a pinch.
    I just read that the Pacers have discussed trading West, Augustin and Pendergraph for Pau Gasol and a PG. I don't think the Lakers will take that. Apparently there has been some discusion of Gasol straight up for Stoudemire..... I think they can do even better...... ...

  2. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just read that the Pacers have discussed trading West, Augustin and Pendergraph for Pau Gasol and a PG. I don't think the Lakers will take that. Apparently there has been some discusion of Gasol straight up for Stoudemire..... I think they can do even better...... ...

  3. #78

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we should just stand pat and hope he figures it out.. and if he actually does turn it around and do a complete 180, to how he SHOULD be playing thing will be all good in Pacerland.... If at that time he has earned being retained to another contract with us then we give him a 1 year and go from there..Otherwise, just let him expire.... DJ is way too good of a player to all of a sudden have his career die by playing this horrid... I just do not understand it... But I do NOT want to make some stupid trade giving up our assets or young /new players on the team that I may like... just to get some other teams bargain basement player(s) in hope that a change of scenery will magically make them great pickups for the Pacers...

    What you say has some validity to it, BUT both Augustin and Aminu are expiring contracts. Nothing gained if one doesn't take a chance. We are only talking about a 58 game try since Aminu is an expiring. Aminu can play and guard multiple positions whereas DJ is a PG who can't guard his position. Little risk possible high return. I wouldn't be upset with this trade at all. It might be the best the Pacers could get, and it could produce a nice return as well.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  5. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    If true I am a little surprised they would be willing to bring in that much salary. We don't have any major players to re-sign though other than West this offseason, and Pau only has one more season after this one so I can see the logic of bringing him in if they don't want to keep West.

  6. #80

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    There's a difference between "Pacers discussed" and "L.A. Times writer came up with 5 trade scenarios for Gasol".

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  8. #81

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    I thought Aminu was pretty decent in the Olympic qualifiers and Olympics. I don't know if he's strong enough to play backup 4. I think he's gotten eaten up by stronger players.

  9. #82

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein


  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  11. #83
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,339

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    I wouldn't mind getting in on a trade that moves Pau somewhere, but not for Pau to come here. Pau and Hibbert would be the slowest frontcourt ever. It would be brutal.

    I like the idea of Pau going to the Wolves.

    This scenario would work.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bnwonku

    Pacers get:
    D Williams
    Ridnour
    Kirelinko

    Wovles:
    Pau
    D Morris
    G Green

    Lakers:
    West
    Augustin
    Budinger

    Might need some picks exchanged.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  12. #84
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,061

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    I would take just this season with West over multiple years with a beaten down Pau that probably wouldn't want to be here in the first place...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  13. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't mind getting in on a trade that moves Pau somewhere, but not for Pau to come here. Pau and Hibbert would be the slowest frontcourt ever. It would be brutal.

    I like the idea of Pau going to the Wolves.

    This scenario would work.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bnwonku

    Pacers get:
    D Williams
    Ridnour
    Kirelinko

    Wovles:
    Pau
    D Morris
    G Green

    Lakers:
    West
    Augustin
    Budinger

    Might need some picks exchanged.
    Yeah, it would probably be the only frontcourt slower than Hibbert and West.

  14. #86
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a difference between "Pacers discussed" and "L.A. Times writer came up with 5 trade scenarios for Gasol".
    Not at Digest there isn't.


    Of course there is also the very real possibility that "GM" or "Agent" came up with some fishing scenarios and floated them to the writer to see who would bite.

  15. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    ) Gasol and point guard Darius Morris ($962,000) for Indiana power forwards David West ($10 million) and Jeff Pendergraph ($1.5 million) and point guard D.J. Augustin ($3.5 million).
    Pacers better stick one of the long term crappy contracts to West if they are thinking about moving him.

  16. #88
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Writer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The no-stars, just-talent approach has failed in Indiana,
    Yes, up 2-1 on Miami last year it was clear that this stupid experiment was a disaster. It was also clear that all-star or Team USA members do not qualify as stars. I mean sure, the Pacers have 3 guys that have already been named to the AS team playing roughly the same caliber game they currently are (or will be in Danny's case), but those are technicalities. Pau is clearly a #1 option and proved it by leading Memphis to multiple 0 win playoffs in a row.

    I mean how is "Pau as #1 option" not more of a "proven failure" than the Indiana "no stars" angle? Sheesh.

  17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  18. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers better stick one of the long term crappy contracts to West if they are thinking about moving him.
    You have to have long term crappy contracts to attach one.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  20. #90
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This one is better, IND is what makes it work for Minny/LA:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bb4oksy

    No way the Wolves give up Kevin Love in a trade for Gasol.

  21. #91

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    Gasol looked like toast to me this season. His knees are really bad. I don't expect it but I wouldn't be shocked if he sat out the remainder of the season.

    I doubt any team would trade for him right now, but then again, I thought teams were wise enough to stay away from Bynum's lubricated knees.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  23. #92
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,849
    Mood

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    Please NO, 38 million for Pau is frightening. He can stay in LA to keep them screwed!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  24. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have to have long term crappy contracts to attach one.
    Danny, Mahinmi and Green's contracts disagree with this statement.

  25. #94

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny, Mahinmi and Green's contracts disagree with this statement.
    no they dont
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LetsTalkPacers84 For This Useful Post:


  27. #95
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,598

    Default

    I dont want anything to do with Pau Gasol
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  29. #96

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    Danny's contract is whatever... only a year left after this one and we need him back in the rotation to compete in the playoffs.

    Mahinmi's contract isn't too bad... a solid backup center for $4 mill/yr isn't overpaid by any means

    Gerald Green on the other hand... that's just terrible. The Green signing ends the argument of who drafted Shawne Williams and James White, in my opinion.

  30. #97

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    I want to keep West. I want to keep Danny (at an obviously reduced rated) until he retires. But keeping both means extending PG for the big money he'll demand gets really, really hard. One of them's basically going to need to go.

  31. #98
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,037

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    David West has carried this team on his back for the first part of the season and some LA writer thinks we want to trade him for Gasol's bloated contract? That's what writers get for talking **** about the Pacers before they get to watch them play every night.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:


  33. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny, Mahinmi and Green's contracts disagree with this statement.
    Danny isn't long term, Mahinmi's isn't bad, and Green's isn't that bad or long.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  35. #100
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,814

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: DJ Augustin being shopped? Marc Stein

    Why in the heck would you trade David West?

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Marc Stein Chat - 11/5/07
    By avoidingtheclowns in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 01:42 PM
  2. AI to Nuggets - Marc Stein
    By Jermaniac in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 12-25-2006, 06:35 AM
  3. Marc Stein's All-NBA ballot
    By Chauncey in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 04:48 PM
  4. Marc Stein votes for JO
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 11:35 AM
  5. Marc Stein on Dampier
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •