Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

  1. #1

    Default Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

    Pacers Team Defense Stats:

    #1 Opponent Points Per Game
    #1 Opponent Field Goal %
    #1 Rebounds Per Game
    #2 Opponent 3pt %
    #3 Rebound Differential

    The defense has been incredible, and the 1-2 punch of Roy Hibbert and Paul George is the biggest reason why.

    If only we could add a big time scoring wing that can also play defense to the starting lineup...

    (Get well soon, Danny!)

    When Danny comes back and pushes Lance to the bench, I have confidence that the Pacers will be a top 10 team, with strong potential to be better than that.

  2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #2
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

    Defense has been what has kept them afloat. The offense had some serious issues at the start of the season but it's improved as the days off between games have increased.

    I'm really excited to see how this team responds after Danny returns. They could go on a big winning streak and enter the playoffs on a roll. If that happens, Danny's injury might wind up being a blessing in disguise.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,551

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

    It's great to see the Pacers putting so much focus on the "dirty work". It's accomplishments like these that will help earn additional victories when Granger gets back and our offense eventually operates at full force.

    I can't say that I can recall any Pacers team excel in so many of these areas in the same season. And I've seen them all.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

    It's probably just coincidence.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,203

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

    Wow. That's a little shocking. In a good way.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  10. #6

    Default Re: Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers Team Defense Stats:

    #1 Opponent Points Per Game
    #1 Opponent Field Goal %
    #1 Rebounds Per Game
    #2 Opponent 3pt %
    #3 Rebound Differential

    The defense has been incredible, and the 1-2 punch of Roy Hibbert and Paul George is the biggest reason why.

    If only we could add a big time scoring wing that can also play defense to the starting lineup...

    (Get well soon, Danny!)

    When Danny comes back and pushes Lance to the bench, I have confidence that the Pacers will be a top 10 team, with strong potential to be better than that.
    Stealing this for twitter
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  11. #7
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,627

    Default Re: Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

    It is the only reason why we have a decent record. Our offense was horribe.....its starting to pick up now
    Last edited by MillerTime; 12-16-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  12. #8

    Default Re: Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

    Yep. If our model was to copy the 2004 Detroit Pistons formula -- no superstars, but good, smart players, top to bottom, with elite team defense -- we look to be well on our way.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lance George For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Member Phree Refill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. If our model was to copy the 2004 Detroit Pistons formula -- no superstars, but good, smart players, top to bottom, with elite team defense -- we look to be well on our way.
    Perhaps this was the Pistons' plan at the start of the '04 season but I think even Kstat would agree that their acquisition of Sheed midway through the season for what amounted to peanuts is what pushed them over the top probably more so than their elite team defense.

  15. #10

    Default Re: Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    S is the only reason why we have a decent record. Our offense was horribe.....its starting to pick up now

    Very true. Their S has been outstanding.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Banta For This Useful Post:


  17. #11
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,386

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phree Refill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perhaps this was the Pistons' plan at the start of the '04 season but I think even Kstat would agree that their acquisition of Sheed midway through the season for what amounted to peanuts is what pushed them over the top probably more so than their elite team defense.
    ...the acquisition of sheed didn't change our team philosophy one bit. It just added to the talent level.

    Our offensive improvement with Rasheed was pretty minimal. Okur was already going us most of what Rasheed did. Our defensive improvement was huge. We went from a top 5 defensive team to one of the most dominant defenses of all time in a week.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-15-2012 at 03:46 PM.

    2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  19. #12
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Larry and Frank -- Birds of a Feather!
    Posts
    3,430
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

    This is one time where statistics and reality match. This is the difference between nothing but lip service being paid with respect to defense, and defense actually being a primary focus. What a difference actually having a coach who says what he means and means what he says makes!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:


  21. #13
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Damn we will be good when Employee 33 returns.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  23. #14
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,077

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...the acquisition of sheed didn't change our team philosophy one bit. It just added to the talent level.

    Our offensive improvement with Rasheed was pretty minimal. Okur was already going us most of what Rasheed did. Our defensive improvement was huge. We went from a top 5 defensive team to one of the most dominant defenses of all time in a week.
    His presence probably didn't change your offense very much in terms of stats, but at the time, Sheed was one of the most talented PF's in the league. IDC what his numbers said, he was grossly underrated b/c of his attitude.

    Dude could post up from anywhere (low, mid and high post) shoot from deep, pass, etc.

  24. #15
    Gold Swagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,396
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

    That's some awesome defense, man if we could just hit easy shot and layups we'd be really good.
    "Just look at the flowers ...."

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  26. #16
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,970

    Default Re: Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's some awesome defense, man if we could just hit easy shot and layups we'd be really good.
    That is a great point. I am not asking them to hit tough fadeaways or tough challenged shots, just the already good shots they are getting but missing. This team seems to miss a greater % of those than most teams. If they can just hit 10% more of the really good shots, that would be enough

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  28. #17
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,147

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers #1 in the NBA for Opp. FG%, Opp. Points allowed, Rebounds

    We've been a top 10 team in the NBA since we blew that lead to San Antonio at home. We are 8-4 since that game.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. 31 and 31, rebounds and points for Love
    By Naptown_Seth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 08:34 AM
  2. Randolph's 23 points, 20 rebounds lead Grizzlies [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 11:40 PM
  3. Javaris: 28 points / 3 rebounds / 3 assists
    By Smashed_Potato in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 02:16 PM
  4. Raptors star Chris Bosh has 26 points, 12 rebounds in 102-84 loss to Pacers
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 11:10 PM
  5. O'Neal grabs 26 points, 13 rebounds to ward off Bucks (ESPN.com)
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2006, 10:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •