Thread: Thank you Area 55!!!

Default Thank you Area 55!!!

We can't thank Area 55 enough for giving Joe a birthday to remember. We had a great time watching a great win with you guys. The songs and cheers are something our family will never forget! Pacers fans are truly the best. Special thanks to Zach and Bryan Anderson (best ticket rep ever!) for coordinating all this for Joe.

Here's what it looked like from our perspective:

And a lil blurb from Pacers.com:http://http://www.nba.com/pacers/are...netts-birthday

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Brinocerous For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Thank you Area 55!!!

And Joe's Mom would like to add:

WOW!!! What a great night celebrating Joe's Birthday with Area 55 at the Pacer game. I don't even know how to express how AMAZING the entire Pacer Organization is. We got to sit in Area 55 with all the super fans. They sang Happy Birthday to Joe, gave him a Roy Hibbert bobble head, some blue beads, an Area 55 key chain, someone caught a t-shirt that was shot up into the crowd by Boomer and the Power Pack and brought that up to him. We got to hold up the giant heads of Frank Vogel and Roy Hibbert throughout the game and get our pics taken with them. So many people came up and wished Joe a Happy Birthday and got their pics taken with Joe. What a night!!!!

Our ticket rep Bryan has been so much more than we could ever ask for. We mentioned it would be nice if there was a quiet place we could give Joe his seizure meds since he has to take them during the game. He changed out all or our tickets so that we are close to the media elevator. He comes to our seats and gets us and takes us on the elevator to the first aide station and we can give Joe his meds in privacy. We mentioned it would be nice if we could get tickets by a railing since Joe loves to stand up and cheer and he sometimes get a little wild with his feet. He made it happen. The whole organization has been so nice, understanding and have gone WAY beyond anything we ever expected. We will be lifelong season ticket holders. GO PACERS!!!!

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Brinocerous For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Nice to meet the little guy! Hope that Tshirt from the Tshirt toss wasn't too big for him. Go Pacers!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:

Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here's another view of the chant. I went to the game with Joe, Brinocerous, and his wife and I can't express what an amazing thing the Pacers did for my friends. The chance to celebrate this amazing little guys life and birthday, at the game with Area 55 and all the fans, was really indescribable. AND WE WON!! GO PACERS!!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 5_7_Clash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You know, for over 40 years I've watched the Pacers play ball. In seeing some of the away games, I've seen a lot of goof balls in opposing teams "specialty sections". What you guys do, especially for a young boy like Joe, makes me feel very proud that above all else, our own specialty section has its priorities in the right place.

Thanks, guys... For all that you do. Especially for this.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Yeah, I'd like to jump on Beast's comment and say that the chants and general atmosphere from 55 and now G2 are my favorite BILF aspect, that's our identity. If you make NBA games you should have to have that background sound in there. I know seats are paid for, but you guys have been great at sticking to it even in the rougher periods. It's taken awhile but I notice that casual fans are starting to figure it out as well. Even when the team returns to selling out they should always keep these sections just because that HS/College fan atmosphere is an Indiana thing.

I haven't been to MIL, but Houston has a red zone and it's jack squat in comparison. SAS, GSW, DAL, SAC - no speciality section at all that I recall or noticed. Well Sacto had a mini-A55 but that was more impromptu. Seriously, on the DVR I could hear a point where we starting doing the Roy of the Tiger chant after a shot block, all inspired by A55.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gentlemen, that has me crying like a baby. Thank you.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

It was a great night, I'm glad we could put this on. Joey was a champ and his family was extremely nice. Thanks Kari, Brian and Paul.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to G2Zac55 For This Useful Post:

I'll share some more photo's when I'm granted permission from the forum. I just joined and apparently don't have access to post pics.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G2Zac55 For This Useful Post: