Thread: Courtney Lee

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Courtney Lee

T hansbrough and Augustin plus 1st round pick for Lee

Wayyy too much...that guy is struggling mightily...

Default Re: Courtney Lee

Augustin and a 2nd.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Augustin and a 2nd.
    You won't be able to give Augustin away...... and Boston is not making this trade..... ...

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    You won't be able to give Augustin away...... and Boston is not making this trade..... ...
    Really because they are pretty open about wanting to move him...he is quite overrated

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Really because they are pretty open about wanting to move him...he is quite overrated
    Not sure where you get that from. People are speculating that he might be traded because he is struggling, but the Celtics haven't said a word about looking to make any moves.

That said, they would probably like to add a big, and wouldn't give Lee away when he still has a lot of value to a contender that can get him more minutes. No chance they trade him for a terrible player like DJ (albeit on an expiring contract) and a 2nd rounder that might be in the mid-late 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    Not sure where you get that from. People are speculating that he might be traded because he is struggling, but the Celtics haven't said a word about looking to make any moves.

That said, they would probably like to add a big, and wouldn't give Lee away when he still has a lot of value to a contender that can get him more minutes. No chance they trade him for a terrible player like DJ (albeit on an expiring contract) and a 2nd rounder that might be in the mid-late 40s.
    I would be willing to move a big but not two players for lee...idk what idiot would be willing to give them more...usually when there is smoke there is fire...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lee is a case of a very good player that just isn't fitting in a system. I would take the evidence that is his career up to this point over a 20-game stretch on a very guard-heavy team that can't give him many opportunities.

Lee is a case of a very good player that just isn't fitting in a system. I would take the evidence that is his career up to this point over a 20-game stretch on a very guard-heavy team that can't give him many opportunities.
    He wasn't overly impressive on two pretty bad Houston teams...and his best year came on a truly terrible NJ team...he hasn't proved to be a really good player on a really good team except his rookie season. I want him to be good but let's not overvalue the guy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

His best season was last year for sure. He has been a 40% 3pt shooter most of his career, plays very good defense (outside of the pick-and-roll) and is capable as a spot starter or backup at two positions. I'm not saying we should make a deal for him so he can come in and play 35mpg, but he could easily be the best bench player we've had since Baby Al in 2003. Don't undervalue that.

His best season was last year for sure. He has been a 40% 3pt shooter most of his career, plays very good defense (outside of the pick-and-roll) and is capable as a spot starter or backup at two positions. I'm not saying we should make a deal for him so he can come in and play 35mpg, but he could easily be the best bench player we've had since Baby Al in 2003. Don't undervalue that.
    I don't see that when I watch him, he is a good on-ball defender but like Paul loses people in traffic. He is a solid guy off the bench but I wouldnt shoot a first for him plus send pieces. Especially when it looks like they want to move him anyways. Statistically speaking the NJ season was his best year but it's splitting hairs really, good on a bad team but bad on a good team, it seems like a broken record to me and familiar. I am for getting him, just for the right price.