Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBA's top trade candidates

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA's top trade candidates

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For one thing, that sentence makes no sense at all. And for another, I would ask that you consider factors outside of current on-court performance when evaluating the value of a player as an asset. If you would do that, you would see that the pu pu platter of Hans/DJ (even with a non-lottery pick) isn't going to land you last year's #2 pick that has played only 50 games so far. Are you seriously comparing Williams with freaking Hasheem Thabeet? That is laughably preposterous.
    Sentence makes perfect sense actually, and so what if he was drafted 2nd overall, 2nd overall picks are supposed to play and contribute, Williams hardly plays and when he does he hardly contributes, his trade stock does not reflect his draft positions, he has been a bust so far, no way around it. Hansbrough and Augustin and a 1st rounder are gonna be one of the top offers they will get for him

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Thabeet: 1.1 pts, 1.6 rebs, .3 blks in his second yr
    Williams: 8.8 pts, 4.7 rebs, .7 blks.
    Williams appears to be a tweener. Not fast enough to play the 3 and not big enough to play the 4. I agree with BCC, wasting a 1st rounder chasing someone else's mistake is a waste of a pick. I don't see Williams ever fitting into a team build around a power post offense. Nothing in his play so far says he can either defend or play the type of game the Pacers play. No matter where he was drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Williams appears to be a tweener. Not fast enough to play the 3 and not big enough to play the 4. I agree with BCC, wasting a 1st rounder chasing someone else's mistake is a waste of a pick. I don't see Williams ever fitting into a team build around a power post offense. Nothing in his play so far says he can either defend or play the type of game the Pacers play. No matter where he was drafted.
    Though I think he'd be a good addition, Im not advocating that the Pacers should make a trade for the guy. I'm just saying he has demonstrated talent in spurts. But no matter how you view him, he shouldn't be compared to Hasheem Thabeet. He's one of the ALL-TIME biggest busts.

He kind of reminds me of Thad Young on Philly. You're right, he doesn't fit the power post offense the starters like to run, but there's nothing wrong with coming off the bench with a change-of-pace type of player.

Also, is there anybody the Pacers would be able to draft in the 11-20 range of the draft that we think would be able to give us more value? I guess we don't really know right now.

I don't really like Thad Young either, but he is better than Williams. Young at least can score and sorta defend. The undersized 4 is fool's gold in the NBA. It may get you thru the regular season, but come playoff time, you're .

The chance to get a guy that could be a good player for a million bucks a year seems worth more than a guy that makes $5 million buck a year and produces like a minimum salary player. If I was the Washington Wizards, taking a flyer on Willams might be a good idea. But the Pacers need guys that can produce for the money. They don't have that kind of cap space to waste on a project.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Though I think he'd be a good addition, Im not advocating that the Pacers should make a trade for the guy. I'm just saying he has demonstrated talent in spurts. But no matter how you view him, he shouldn't be compared to Hasheem Thabeet. He's one of the ALL-TIME biggest busts.

He kind of reminds me of Thad Young on Philly. You're right, he doesn't fit the power post offense the starters like to run, but there's nothing wrong with coming off the bench with a change-of-pace type of player.

Also, is there anybody the Pacers would be able to draft in the 11-20 range of the draft that we think would be able to give us more value? I guess we don't really know right now.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Ric Bucher
    http://sulia.com/channel/la-sports/f...source=twitter

there's no urgency on the part of the Magic for several reasons, according to a source. One: after a rough 5-10 start, Orlando has gone 6-3, a burst not coincidentally launched by a soul-satisfying win over former teammate Dwight Howard and the Lakers. If Redick is moved, it will be for a younger talent and/or a draft pick and the Magic wouldn't mind staying competitive for as long as they can this season. Two: as of right now, the potential suitors aren't anywhere near making their best offer. The likeliest trade partners: Chicago, Memphis, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Utah. The Bulls were interested in Redick as a FA and Memphis supposedly expressed recent interest. I haven't heard directly that Minnesota, Milwaukee and Utah have talked to Orlando but Redick fits their systems and/or fills a need.

I would be all about Redick coming off the bench in a scoring role here. He would certainly be an upgrade over Green in my book.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin