Thread: Paul George's New Game Day Routine is Paying Off

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Paul George's New Game Day Routine is Paying Off

Paul George attributes his recent success to game-day workouts that include 300 to 400 extra shots and a full-body workout before tip-off.

Associate head coach Brian Shaw had been trying to get George to buy into the same game-day routine as Kobe Bryant, who Shaw played with and coached in L.A. The approach has worked like gangbusters, with George averaging 21.4 points, seven rebounds, 3.6 assists, 1.1 steals and a block per game in the month of December. Owners who held on to George despite a frustrating two months are being handsomely rewarded for their patience.
    Source: Indianapolis Star Dec 15 - 11:30 AM
    http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nba/1731/paul-george

I wonder what the hang up was to doing this before now? Shaw has worked with Kobe. PG has said many times that Kobe is his favorite player. It seems that it would only be natural To want to tap into that resource and give it a try. I'm glad Shaw is our Associate Head Coach and I'm glad He was able to convince Paul to do something different.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Paul George's New Game Day Routine is Paying Off

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nba/1731/paul-george

I wonder what the hang up was to doing this before now? Shaw has worked with Kobe. PG has said many times that Kobe is his favorite player. It seems that it would only be natural To want to tap into that resource and give it a try. I'm glad Shaw is our Associate Head Coach and I'm glad He was able to convince Paul to do something different.
    Maybe Paul thought he would wear himself out with the "full-body workout" and 300-400 extra shots, given the number of minutes he has been playing? If he starts to show signs of fatigue, they will have to reduce the workout, of course.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's learning discipline, which is key for a player at his age
    "We want Miami"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now he needs to update that new routine to include: Drink more fluids to avoid cramping.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well as long as he's getting enough sleep and eating healthy..

Ive notices he has been getting cramps late in games. Anyone else notice that. Last home game I saw the staff grab a "special" bottle that had what looked like pedalite or something it when Paul came out for a cramp. Ever heard of this?
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LetsTalkPacers84 View Post
    Ive notices he has been getting cramps late in games. Anyone else notice that. Last home game I saw the staff grab a "special" bottle that had what looked like pedalite or something it when Paul came out for a cramp. Ever heard of this?
    they said the other night that he was getting dehydrated due to the extra work. Its just something to keep him better hydrated, not sure exactly what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsTalkPacers84 View Post
    I already told you this!

http://www.examiner.com/article/top-...nk-of-athletes
    This top secret drink won't be found in any sports drink section or the food section of the grocery store. To find this classified drink you will need to go to the baby/infant section. The drink is called Pedialyte. Many top athletes drink this for its unmatched electrolytes and re-hydration abilities. Pedialyte was created to prevent sick children from getting dehydrated. The reason Pedialyte is better than regular sports drinks is because it not only has a higher concentration of electrolytes, it is a natural appetite suppressant. Wherein sports drinks can quench your thirst but not your hunger. Now you may say; "Why have I never seen athletes drink Pedialyte?" The answer is, usually they peel the label off or pour it into a regular water bottle.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Maybe Paul thought he would wear himself out with the "full-body workout" and 300-400 extra shots, given the number of minutes he has been playing?
    I'm kinda surprised that it doesn't, to be honest. If I hadn't seen the results, I'd be extremely skeptical.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    I already told you this!

This top secret drink won't be found in any sports drink section or the food section of the grocery store. To find this classified drink you will need to go to the baby/infant section. The drink is called Pedialyte. Many top athletes drink this for its unmatched electrolytes and re-hydration abilities. Pedialyte was created to prevent sick children from getting dehydrated. The reason Pedialyte is better than regular sports drinks is because it not only has a higher concentration of electrolytes, it is a natural appetite suppressant. Wherein sports drinks can quench your thirst but not your hunger. Now you may say; "Why have I never seen athletes drink Pedialyte?" The answer is, usually they peel the label off or pour it into a regular water bottle.
    This is because Gatorade, or Coke or someone like that is the "official beverage" of a Pro Sport, Sport team, etc. and has exclusive rights to any branding marks on the cups used during and after the event.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I already told you this!

I'm adding that to my grocery list right now! I wonder if they have a Mountain Berry Crush flavor?

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I'm adding that to my grocery list right now! I wonder if they have a Mountain Berry Crush flavor?
    Best cure for a hangover, guaranteed. Tastes like cough syrup though

Pedialyte is really gross tasting. It is also magic.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I'm kinda surprised that it doesn't, to be honest. If I hadn't seen the results, I'd be extremely skeptical.
    Players wear down as the season goes along, and that's without the extra workouts. I think he was showing signs of fatigue in Detroit, so I don't think he'd be able to sustain it long term. Maybe someone like Since can chime in and write about the risks of muscle overuse.

For now Paul says it helps slow the game down for him, and that's the biggest benefit. I think he looks stronger too, or at least more willing to take and even make contact.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Pedialyte is really gross tasting. It is also magic.
    I think that it just tastes like watered-down Gatorade.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

I already told you this!

I think Pedialyte should capitalize on this. I'd have no problem drinking a bottle if I were getting paid millions to keep myself in game shape. Maybe not play up the appetite suppressant as much, though. That would probably bring in a slew of angsty teenage girls.

Sounds like a diet waiting to happen. Pedialyte for lunch or whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    Sounds like a diet waiting to happen. Pedialyte for lunch or whatnot.
    Hmm. Maybe not:

http://www.dyediet.com/2011/11/30/so...on-your-child/

I would be lying if I said I wasn't going to buy some Pedialyte just to try it out. It might help get me through those grueling WODs at Crossfit...

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Players wear down as the season goes along, and that's without the extra workouts. I think he was showing signs of fatigue in Detroit, so I don't think he'd be able to sustain it long term. Maybe someone like Since can chime in and write about the risks of muscle overuse.

For now Paul says it helps slow the game down for him, and that's the biggest benefit. I think he looks stronger too, or at least more willing to take and even make contact.
    The extra workout sure would wear him out, but he should keep with it as in the long term it will help build up his endurance.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

J7F

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pedialyte is also a miracle worked for hangovers.

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I'll also vouch for Pedialyte. Helped get me through plenty of festivals. This thread got sort of weird.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: