Page 95 of 346 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 8635

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #2351
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Wicker Man... terribly disappointing. i was hoping for a lot better from neil labute. the only reason i watched the whole thing was a desperation to hope that somehow the ending would bring all this chaos and ridiculous plot together and redeem the film... never happened.
    I was so disappointed in this I wasn't going to admit to having seen it.

    Usually I like Nick Cage but even his performance was weak.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  2. #2352
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Monster In Law - Man I have no Idea why people love J-Lo so much...seriously I've seen better butts when I'm walking down the streets of Budapest....and her voice is so annoying....

  3. #2353
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,860

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Apocalypto- I really don't know what to say about this film. You can't really explain it to anyone who hasnt seen it.

    PS-That is NOT a good thing.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. #2354
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,625

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Hoot - Nice little kids film. Some, if not most, of the Hiassen feel seemed to have gotten lost, though. That was disappointing. My kids liked it. They liked the book, too.

    Firewall - I expected this to be pretty bad, but I actually thought it was OK. Some suspension of reality is required for proper enjoyment.

    The Pink Panther - the Steve Martin remake. Very so-so, but my kids absolutely loved it. They must have watched it 1/2 dozen times since Christmas.

    And I watched the end of The Princess Bride the other night. It's pretty much impossible for me to not smile when I watch that movie.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  5. #2355
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I watched Polar express last night. Not too bad for a kids christmas movie. Don't ask me why we were watching a christmas movie in January. Probably just trying to clean off the DVR.

  6. #2356
    I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    RoboBoston
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Hills Have Eyes

    Gross. Not scary. Just Gross.
    Narf!

  7. #2357
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Children of Men - kind of leftist but still a very interesting and thought provoking story. A decent amount of hidden stuff and the acting and cinemetography are superb. It was kind of confused and boring in parts and the end could have been more moving but I would definitely recommend it.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

  8. #2358
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    History of Violence - it was almost as boring as some of my history lessons....

  9. #2359
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apocalypto- I really don't know what to say about this film. You can't really explain it to anyone who hasnt seen it.

    PS-That is NOT a good thing.
    is that movie in English? or is it similar to Passion where they were speaking their "original" language?

  10. #2360
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,927

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Hills Have Eyes

    Gross. Not scary. Just Gross.
    DUDE!!!!


    That is the movie I took that girl who I was "messing with" over the summer last year to go see.

    You are correct, just gross, not a scarey movie at all.

  11. #2361
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,860

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    is that movie in English? or is it similar to Passion where they were speaking their "original" language?
    Its in Mel Gibson revisionist history language. I don't even think its a real language. Lets put it this way in Mel Gibson land the Mayans are still the dominant native tribe in Mexico when Cortes arrives.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. #2362
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Good Shepherd. Fairly interesting spy movie, but nothing in it really grabbed me. Maybe it's just because I'm not familiar with the time period.

    Lost in Translation. Cool movie. Everything about the movie has a very East Asian feel - not just the setting, but the pacing and cinematography too.

    IndyToad
    At your own risk

  13. #2363
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how about Robots that turn into cars/vehicles and vice-versa?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Spielberg
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Like my film 'War of the Worlds' and Michael's film 'Armageddon,' 'Transformers' will deliver a grand-scale experience with groundbreaking visual effects that will take your breath away."
    I'm not getting my hopes up since I hated War of the Worlds and almost all of the Bay films. I'm sure it'll look good but the story and characters will likely be lame and the special effects will be tainted because of it...

  14. #2364
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not getting my hopes up since I hated War of the Worlds and almost all of the Bay films. I'm sure it'll look good but the story and characters will likely be lame and the special effects will be tainted because of it...
    OH MAN! talk about ruining Transformers....if it is anything like WotW...I'd be The characters were so annoying in that movie!

  15. #2365
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by indytoad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lost in Translation. Cool movie. Everything about the movie has a very East Asian feel - not just the setting, but the pacing and cinematography too.
    that is one of the few movies that I could just NOT watch till the end...

    It started off interesting but then....

    it was moving.....too.....S...l...o...w....

    Its a nice movie for Travel Channel to display I guess

  16. #2366
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    History of Violence - it was almost as boring as some of my history lessons....
    Yup! Expected WAY more out of that one too.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  17. #2367
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,755

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Children of Men - kind of leftist but still a very interesting and thought provoking story. A decent amount of hidden stuff and the acting and cinemetography are superb. It was kind of confused and boring in parts and the end could have been more moving but I would definitely recommend it.

    I just saw "Children of Men" today My take is that technically it was a great movie - the directing, the cinemetography - the sound, the lighting all that kind of stuff was first rate and certaining award worthy. The acting was also excellent. There were a few 'action scenes" I guess I'd call them, that were thrilling - and technically a masterpiece.

    However, "The message" fell a little flat to me. The big emotional ending fell a little flat to me. I didn't find the film that thought provokingat all really.

    But the movie was excellent and I'd recommend highly. It takes about 20 minutes to kinda get kick started though but after that it held my attention for sure.

    There were a couple of scenes I may not ever forget

  18. #2368
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Accepted. eh.

  19. #2369
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Night Listener
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  20. #2370
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Borat - i wasn't sure to see it or not...but decided to finally give it a look...some scenes were a bit too much really....I just don't understand why some movies think people like to get grossed out?

  21. #2371
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,853

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just saw "Children of Men" today My take is that technically it was a great movie - the directing, the cinemetography - the sound, the lighting all that kind of stuff was first rate and certaining award worthy. The acting was also excellent. There were a few 'action scenes" I guess I'd call them, that were thrilling - and technically a masterpiece.

    However, "The message" fell a little flat to me. The big emotional ending fell a little flat to me. I didn't find the film that thought provokingat all really.

    But the movie was excellent and I'd recommend highly. It takes about 20 minutes to kinda get kick started though but after that it held my attention for sure.

    There were a couple of scenes I may not ever forget
    Thanks for the review I was thinking about watching this but had not decided. I will now.

  22. #2372
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,927

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I just got Gridiron gang from netflix today and watched it when I got back from class.

    First thought, Holy god Jurnee Smolett is hot.

    The movie was pretty amazing, I really enjoyed it.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

    After seeing this I would really like to see the documentary that was made back in the early 90's

  23. #2373
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,989

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Note to VA... Ummmmm is that not a spoiler?

    "Little Miss Sunshine"

    Well... if I'd never heard of the movie and just caught it on HBO late some night I would've liked it better. I didn't think it lived up to the hype. It was funny... but not as funny or as good as I expected.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  24. #2374
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,061
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    "The Producers"

    The remake with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick. I enjoyed it alot. Lane is always entertaining. Who wouldn't like the Broadway musical, Springtime for Hitler? I really enjoyed the original with Gene Wilder too.

  25. #2375
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,927

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Note to VA... Ummmmm is that not a spoiler?

    "Little Miss Sunshine"

    Well... if I'd never heard of the movie and just caught it on HBO late some night I would've liked it better. I didn't think it lived up to the hype. It was funny... but not as funny or as good as I expected.

    -Bball
    I didnt think it was, but I'll edit it.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •