Page 66 of 344 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 8586

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where do you live? In Indy? I'm curious what theater(s) you're talking about.
    I usually go to the Regal in Westfield, but the two times I'm talking about I went to Noblesville. The best place for sound in my book is the Kerasotes at Glendale.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Good night & good luck.

Decent story however they focused to often on characters that they never explained to us. Also I thought they spent to much time without dialoge & instead kept playing jazz music.

I was very interested in this because of the subject matter & needless to say I was a little more than nervous knowing that Clooney made the movie. However it was not nearly as egregious as it could have been.

If you are interested in the subject matter I would suggest you watch an old HBO film called Citizen Kohn starring James Woods. That was a brilliant movie & portrayed McCarthy in an entirely differant light than what you have heard about him before.

Overall, Good night & good luck was a decent film & I would recomend it if you have any interest in the subject matter.

G.I. Jane - was on TV, been a while since i last watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    I usually go to the Regal in Westfield, but the two times I'm talking about I went to Noblesville. The best place for sound in my book is the Kerasotes at Glendale.
    That's where I go to se most everything-Glendale.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

The Man. Eugene Levy and Samuel L. Jackson star as...Eugene Levy and Samuel L. Jackson. Of course, Samuel L. Jackson can't really be Samuel L. Jackson in a PG-13 movie, so he just ends up saying "***" a lot.

Mission: Impossible III. Fun movie. Philip Seymour Hoffman played a fantastic villain. An OT aside: I had Twister on the background the other day and I was like: Hey! That's Hoffman playing that crazy redneck comic relief! You don't usually see people with fancy, pedigreed names like that playing redneck comic relief.

Fargo. Actually saw most of it quite a few years ago, but this is the first time I payed strict attention. Just an absolutely perfect cast. What made it even better was that I know people who talk like that.

IndyToad
    King of Siam

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Back to the Future, fun.

pi
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I liked "Pi", but you will really have to see it twice. "Requiem for a Dream" is I believe the second movie from the same director and REALLY a good movie IMO.

Just saw "Mission Impossible: III" and I was skeptic going in, but I really liked it. Some strange stuff, offcourse when you look at details, but that's non-sensical to do in this sort of movie.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Lackawanna Blues
    The Rat Pack
    Oldboy
    The Omen

Because my cable was out last night and couldn't watch the Clippers game, I watched the Steven Soderbergh movie "Bubble"

That was the movie that came out a few months ago and was released in theaters and on DVD at the same time. Professional actors weren't used, a script/screenplay was not written. First time actors were used, the dialogue was primarily the actors own based on their real lives. It made for an extremely real movie, you felt like you were watching real life.

if you are curious about this movie, I'd highly recommend it

Glad somebody saw it. I saw that weird *** trailer for it where they just showed dolls and I thought "if they think THAT"s going to made me interested enough to see what's going on, they're mistaken." I never heard a word about it in the media or anywhere again till you just mentioned it.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Ernest Goes to Camp

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Murder on the Orient Express.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm hoping to see the Da Vinci Code later today. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    Glad somebody saw it. I saw that weird *** trailer for it where they just showed dolls and I thought "if they think THAT"s going to made me interested enough to see what's going on, they're mistaken." I never heard a word about it in the media or anywhere again till you just mentioned it.

The trailer was part of the DVD and yes it is horrible. Not sure what the thinking was there. The movie however is worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    Ernest Goes to Camp
    YOu would like a movie with a catupulting exploding toilet......

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron
    YOu would like a movie with a catupulting exploding toilet......
    PARACHUTING TURTLES! EXPLODING FECES!

DaVinci Code

I enjoyed it. I certainly see why critics complain about the first half. They fly through so much stuff so quickly, especially all the Louvre stuff, it's like reading a Cliff Notes version on crack.

I must say though, Ian McKellan is a revelation. I felt Teabing was a pompus windbag in the book, but Ian makes the character quite lovable. It was obvious that everyone in the audience just loved him to pieces.

There are some changes from the book. I really didn't care for the changes to Fache and the Bishop, but understand why they were done. The changes to the ending were minor in the grand scheme, but the real devotees probably won't care for them.

The best change, though, is making Langdon a sceptic. Ebert said the movie is better than the book, and, while I won't necessarily go that far, it's a very welcome change. The give and take between Langdon and Teabing plays much better than in the book, where they step on each others toes with their gleeful telling of The Grail myth.

On the whole, I don't see any reason why someone who enjoyed the book wouldn't enjoy the movie, except the afore mentioned changes to Sophie's ending may **** some off. As for those who haven't read it, I don't know. The first hour is really a wirlwind, and I can see someone who hasn't read the book getting completely lost. Alas, I figured I'd use my sister as a test case, but she refuses to see it, because she doesn't like Tom Hanks hair.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

DaVinci Code Alas, I figured I'd use my sister as a test case, but she refuses to see it, because she doesn't like Tom Hanks hair.
    Women and movies! It's usually not a very good combination unless it's a romantic movie. Most seem to think the sentence "do you want to go see a movie" is a code word for "I know your tired, so I will be quiet for 90+ minutes, while you can take a nap""

Anyway, I'm going to see it tomorrow, but it got blasted by about every movie critique over here. Religious and non-religious, they all thought the book was a lot better wether they liked it or not (curiously they ALL have an opinion on the book though as movie critiques ).

The main angle of attack seems to be weak dialogues, simplification of the book and the background in it in favour of action.

Now as I said I didn't see it yet and I think some are beying over critical of the movie, because of other motives (read: religious). The consensus was though that none of them understood why the catholic church would feel threatened by such a piece of crap of a movie .

Now, I really wanted to see it, but I am a little skeptic now, but I still want to see it. Figured, since I didn't read the book I can't really get annoyed over changes and other things regarding it anyway.

Hope I will be enjoying it.

Regards,

Mourning

woman without a team

Alas, I figured I'd use my sister as a test case, but she refuses to see it, because she doesn't like Tom Hanks hair.
    I believe I also added that from the looks of the three clips I saw it would be over my head and would bore me to tears.

I also said I'd go, but you shouldn't get mad if I fell asleep like I did during Star Wars Part IV or was that Part I.

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    I believe I also added that from the looks of the three clips I saw it would be over my head and would bore me to tears.

I also said I'd go, but you shouldn't get mad if I fell asleep like I did during Star Wars Part IV or was that Part I.
    Nothing better then a little family dispute

Standing In The Shadows Of Motown.

Its a very intesting looking at the musicians who came up with the music for a ton of #1 songs for Motown. Songs like Aint too Proud to Beg, My Girl and a TON others

Full Metal Jacket

First time watching this movie and there are soo many references taken from that movie that I finally get like: "Me SO Horny" and "Me Love You Long TIme" and a bunch of others sayings I have heard.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Liked it! Book was better though.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I just watched Eraser Head for the first time.

What the hell is wrong with David Lynch?

I think I've seen everyone of his shows & other than Twin Peaks, the series, I don't have a clue what he's trying to tell me.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Double feature: Hostel and Wolf Creek. The similarities between these films are numerous, including the fact that I felt disappointed by both of them.