Page 57 of 346 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 8637

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Dark Water

Sucked
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

The Music Man

Liked it for the period in which it was made. The Family Guys spoof of it was pretty funny!!(Shpoopi) number that is!!

B
    "If I tell you its Easter, you'd better hide eggs" - Peyton Manning to Marcus Pollard

sweabs

Collateral

Pretty cool.

If you like martial arts films, you HAVE to see Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior. He has the most unique moves I have ever seen. If this guys can get some press, he should be the next Bruce Lee, in terms of innovative fight style. Read some of the reviews I linked to the film title.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Banned

I watched a movie called Bully about some kids who get tired of putting up with a bully after a long time and decide to kill him. It was a suprisingly good movie, and supposedly a true story. Happened down in Florida.

The kids are a bunch of slackers who don't do much other than smoke weed and ***** all day. Another bonus in the movie is the substantial amount of bush shown.

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

Dick Tracy

Based on the comics. Good movie.
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball Kid
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dick Tracy

Based on the comics. Good movie.
    I saw Dick Tracy in a theatre when it came out and I consider that to be one of the biggest wastes of money and two hours of my life. Horrible movie, IMO.

My Date With Drew

Riding the documentary craze - there were about 50 copies at Blockbuster. Was more like a home movie, really, but it was still enjoyable. The best word to describe it would probably be adorable.

IndyToad
    I smoke a cigar, not a candy cane

Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices A conduit for 18 billion $ in products produced by Chinese, Mexican and Indonesian sweat shops, Wal-Mart have also destroyed the uniqueness of many a small town life with their monolithic economy of scale. Plus, have achieved a deplorable environmental record and, unbeknowest to me, have been the host to an alarming amount of crime in their gargantuan parking lots, due to lack of security. Add in despicable labor relations, and you have many, many reasons to never darken the door of Wallly World.

Funny Ha Ha Delightfully low-budget slice of life experience of one girl's post collegiate mis-en-scene. If you're only adjusted for polished Hollywood fare, do not bother.

Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere
    Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices A conduit for 18 billion $ in products produced by Chinese, Mexican and Indonesian sweat shops, Wal-Mart have also destroyed the uniqueness of many a small town life with their monolithic economy of scale. Plus, have achieved a deplorable environmental record and, unbeknowest to me, have been the host to an alarming amount of crime in their gargantuan parking lots, due to lack of security. Add in despicable labor relations, and you have many, many reasons to never darken the door of Wallly World.
    Never seen it. Gonna have to. My parents, grandparents, aunt, etc, all LOVE Wal-mart. I've tried to explain to them, but for them "But it's so cheap and it's close." *sigh*
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    Never seen it. Gonna have to. My parents, grandparents, aunt, etc, all LOVE Wal-mart. I've tried to explain to them, but for them "But it's so cheap and it's close." *sigh*
    At work recently, we had a regional mgr. come talk to us about the possibility of our jobs being shipped overseas. To give an example of the global economic reality, he asked how many people agreed with Wal-Mart's labor practices and only a handful raised their hands. Then he asked how many people shopped there and like about 85% of them raised their hands. Nothing like cutting your own throat.
    To give hope though, the filmakers do show communities where they have successfully deterred the Borg, er, Wal-Mart, from infiltrating.

Banned

Funny Ha Ha Delightfully low-budget slice of life experience of one girl's post collegiate mis-en-scene. If you're only adjusted for polished Hollywood fare, do not bother.
    Thanks for the tip, comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    Thanks for the tip, comrade.
    No prob, running dog.

The Constant Gardener

I thought it was very well done and the performances were pretty strong. It gets a little too preachy at times, but it's still very enjoyable.

The Ice Harvest

Wow, what the hell were they thinking? Not good. Not good at all
    "If I tell you its Easter, you'd better hide eggs" - Peyton Manning to Marcus Pollard

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The American Astronaut, 2001.

Wow. I'm tempted to recommend dropping some acid before viewing, but it probably isn't really necessary.

Here's the brief plot outline from imdb:
    Samuel Curtis, an interplanetary trader, sets forth through a rustic and remote solar system, unaware that his old friend Professor Hess is trying to kill him.
    However, I feel this review at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?id=14461 is more descriptive.

The American Astronaut
    is Eraserhead as envisioned by peyote smoking extraterrestrials. It's the naughty little secret that NASA keeps hidden from the perceptive public, like Area 51, the Apollo Moon missions, and the secret of Tang's success. It's a celebration of imagination over imagery, a totally unique take on just about every filmmaking genre you can envision. Simultaneously style checking sci-fi, westerns, crime dramas, noirish mysteries, costume period pieces, political propaganda, the horror film and the musical YES, the MUSICAL! - it is, perhaps, the single greatest vision slathered on celluloid by a brave individual since a certain Mr. Lynch expelled his pre-natal nightmares onto AFI purchased stock. This amazing bit of eccentricity as art bewilders as it delights, defying description as it references almost ever aspect of campy pop culture over the last 50 years. If you're locked in a Hollywood blockbuster mode, and can't appreciate something inventive and non-derivative, you will probably balk at this purposefully playful interstellar satire. But anyone with an open mind to the possibility of film will see it for what it is a magnum opus of near epic proportions.

This is more than just some high concept long form music video variable. Sure, one could look at writer/director/star Cody McAbee with a jaded, jaundiced eye for wanting to fuse some incredibly vital visuals to his usual aural attributes. As a member of the notorious The Billy Nayer Show, McAbee makes music that is both experimental and expressive, harkening back to the blues stomp basis of rock and roll while injecting a stream of consciousness schizophrenia into his songs. The result is like listening to boogie-woogie for the brain damaged, as ideas and idiosyncrasies crash and coalesce into a sonic sludge of deranged delights. Like carving open an old juke joint player's skull and scraping out the more manic bits inside, McAbee fashions tunes that tantalize and trick the listener. Just when you think you know where they are going, they switch up and turn on you, usually in audibly ambitious ways a lot like the film in which these haunting hits reside. Indeed, The American Astronaut is an excursion into the dadaist and the demented. It prepares you up for one kind of experience, only to reclaim and remaster the message into a different dramatic or comedic configuration.

Porco Rosso

Not at all what I expected - fantastic movie. Certainly one of Miyazaki's best. Also suprised to find out that Jean Reno did the voice of Marco in the French version. For the win, serious.

IndyToad
    Don't come-a knocking

beaversnducks311

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    I watched a movie called Bully about some kids who get tired of putting up with a bully after a long time and decide to kill him. It was a suprisingly good movie, and supposedly a true story. Happened down in Florida.

The kids are a bunch of slackers who don't do much other than smoke weed and ***** all day. Another bonus in the movie is the substantial amount of bush shown.

i saw this a couple of years ago.....worth watching, and it kept you interested...just not one of my favorites.

I watched "man who wasn't there" and "snatch"

Indytoad: I saw that was on cable about a week ago and stupidly didn't tape it. I've gotten really interested in Miyazaki's movies. I saw Spirited Away, which moved me in a strange way. I catually did research on it after I watched it because I knew it was making some points that were over my head. I fell a bit smarter after investing the time. A bizarre, odd, enjoyable movie. I've GOT to see Porco.

Roy Munson: I loved Bully. I don't understand how Larry Clark is so food at depicting that type of teen culture. I saw Kids, too, but didn't like it nearly as much as Bully, of which I had to buy a copy.

Pacersin6: I've been curious about Ice Harvest, but just didn't know if it was worth my time.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    Indytoad: I saw that was on cable about a week ago and stupidly didn't tape it. I've gotten really interested in Miyazaki's movies. I saw Spirited Away, which moved me in a strange way. I catually did research on it after I watched it because I knew it was making some points that were over my head. I fell a bit smarter after investing the time. A bizarre, odd, enjoyable movie. I've GOT to see Porco.

Roy Munson: I loved Bully. I don't understand how Larry Clark is so food at depicting that type of teen culture. I saw Kids, too, but didn't like it nearly as much as Bully, of which I had to buy a copy.

Pacersin6: I've been curious about Ice Harvest, but just didn't know if it was worth my time.

You won't be disappointed by Porco Rosso. I taped it a couple of weeks ago on Turner Classic Movies.

I also loved Spirited Away.

I liked Spirited Away alot, but Princess Mononoke is the best Miyazaki, IMO.

Bill Cosby, Himself

Still hilarious......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Bill Cosby, Himself

Still hilarious......
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I liked Spirited Away alot, but Princess Mononoke is the best Miyazaki, IMO.
    Saw that, too. Didn't like it near as much as Spirited Away, though. (I own both of them.) I tell ya, as kind of a movie snob, it does me proud to know some of my fellow forumites can expand thier viewing beyond the latest Dukes of Hazzard remake or David Spade offering.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Someone on here saw "Syriana"? I want to see it sometime next week.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Bill Cosby, Himself

Still hilarious......
    I love it, but there is one thing that drives me absolutely nuts when I watch it. You would think that in this day of CGI they would fix Bill's crooked tie!