Page 52 of 340 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 8494

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #1276
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,503

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw Towering Inferno again a few years ago, and sure the special effect are cheesy, and I didn't like it as much as when I was 8 years old, but it is still a good movie. What is better than seeing O.J. Simpson save a cat.
    I almost added a caveat to The Towering Inferno. It's kind of like Rocky I to all the Rocky's that followed. The first one did it best. AFAIK, The Towering Inferno was the first. Or at least 'first' that was a cut above and brought a spotlight to the genre.

    EDIT: I feel I should add that Rocky I was easily a better movie than Towering Inferno (IMO)... I wasn't making that type of comparison. I don't consider TI as 'bad' though.

    -Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  2. #1277
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,061
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Airplane!

    For all the Airplane disaster flicks that Bball discussed...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  3. #1278

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Wedding Crashers! Love this movie
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  4. #1279
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,753

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I just saw "Dinner Rush" and loved it. Really good movie has a lot of good things in it.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  5. #1280
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,337

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wedding Crashers! Love this movie
    Maybe you didn't hear me. I've got a stage 5 clinger!



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  6. #1281
    Member LouisvilleLip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    26
    Posts
    348

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Syriana, great movie.

  7. #1282
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    503

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    A Soldier's Story
    The Bingo Long Traveling All Stars & Motor Kings
    The Passion of the Christ
    Redemption: The Stan Tookie Williams Story

    All very good movies.

  8. #1283
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,929

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I caught the last half of Duel last night. One of the few Spielberg movies I like.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  9. #1284
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Chronicles of Narnia, SWEIII, and Serenity

  10. #1285
    Member burnzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    38
    Posts
    695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I watched Oldboy on the Sundance channel the other night, and I always take interest in Harmonica, and others talking about independent foriegn movies, as I have never watched many, I really enjoyed this movie.

    I felt like the characters were so compelling, that even though it was subtitled, as I was reading what they were saying, it was as if I could hear the characters voices saying the english words.

    I also thought it was put together with a good plot, and really moved well through the story with seamless transitions, and limited amounts of predictability.

    Just one of those movies that when I finished watching it, I thought to myself, "WTF, could that ***** really happen in real life to someone?"

    Excellent movie, even if you are of the ilk that doesn't generally like "reading" movies, this is a must watch.




    I also watched Serenity on dvd the other night, and I'll just say I wasn't impressed, I never have seen the show, so I don't have the attatchment others do to this series, but I just felt like there were way too many lines, and scenes in this movie that were cheesy as hell to me.



    Exorcism of Emily Rose also did not impress me much, I will even say I was disappointed, because most of the movie is court scenes, rather than actual exorcism, or possession scenes, or imagery, and maybe I was expecting it to be on the level of The Exorcist, and I shouldn't have.



    Finally, I also watched Duel on the Sundance channel, made by Steven Spielberg back in 1971, about a guy on his way to a meeting, and lets just say has some problems with a truck driver on the highway.

    This was a really good movie, only about 90 minutes, but for being almost 35 years old, and no special effects, this was excellent, and definitely also worth watching, if you've never seen it.

  11. #1286
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,503

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by burnzone
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    Finally, I also watched Duel on the Sundance channel, made by Steven Spielberg back in 1971, about a guy on his way to a meeting, and lets just say has some problems with a truck driver on the highway.

    This was a really good movie, only about 90 minutes, but for being almost 35 years old, and no special effects, this was excellent, and definitely also worth watching, if you've never seen it.
    Starring Dennis Weaver.... AKA Marshall McCloud.

    I just realized few have a clue who Marshall Sam McCloud is these days....

    He was also in a classic Twilight Zone episode where he was to be executed and he was trying to explain to the court that it all was a dream and their existence was the product of his dream...

    I'm sure he's had other worthwhile acting roles in his life but I can't seem to rec...
    Oooooo wait.... he was in Gunsmoke... At least back in the early years.

    -Bball "worthless trivia"
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  12. #1287
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,682

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Saw The Chronicles of Narnia last week while on vacation. I enjoyed it.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  13. #1288
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,600

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Star Wars Ep. 3

    Elf

    I'd seen both before, but I got Ep3 for Christmas and my kids got Elf.

    Elf is really cute. I like that one a lot.

    Bob Newhart cracks me up every time. He could make me laugh by reading the phone book.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  14. #1289
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by burnzone
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched Oldboy on the Sundance channel the other night, and I always take interest in Harmonica, and others talking about independent foriegn movies, as I have never watched many, I really enjoyed this movie.

    I felt like the characters were so compelling, that even though it was subtitled, as I was reading what they were saying, it was as if I could hear the characters voices saying the english words.

    I also thought it was put together with a good plot, and really moved well through the story with seamless transitions, and limited amounts of predictability.

    Just one of those movies that when I finished watching it, I thought to myself, "WTF, could that ***** really happen in real life to someone?"

    Excellent movie, even if you are of the ilk that doesn't generally like "reading" movies, this is a must watch.
    My plan is working. Soon Hicks will be watching Bergman films and the world will be mine!

  15. #1290
    Member McClintic Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I saw Walk the Line, the Johnny Cash flick. While Joaquin Phoenix wasn't horrible and seemed to avoid any effort towards direct mimicry of JC, his performance left me wanting more revelation as to the formation of the authentic Johnny. It was essentially a series of collected anecdotes from the JC autobiographies, and while it collected these scenes from childhood towards stardom, it never got within a hundred miles of depicting why Johnny was so genuine, so unique. Maybe an impossible task?
    Reese Witherspoon, however, was sparkling as June Carter Cash and completely worth the price of admission just for her performance. The music sequences were well done also. I'd give it a C+. Enjoyable, but nothing really sticks to the ribs.

  16. #1291
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I saw on my flight to Cali and back:

    Dreamer....not a bad movie, but not a GREAT movie either. Just a nice little story about a horse, a little girl, and a great comeback.

    Just Like Heaven.
    Again, not a horrible movie, but not "Great". Starred reese witherspoon, which I like looking at in any movie just because of her look. It was about a doctor who dies and comes back as a ghost only to find out the reason she came back is the man who moves into her apartment was her destiny.....A chic flick for sure. but not the worst one I have evr seen, just not one of the best ones either....

  17. #1292
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,753

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Saw "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" last night, I liked it. Pretty absurd humour, nice job from Robert Downing Jr.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  18. #1293
    stipo
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    :.................:...= "Brokeback Mountain"

    Just kidding. I haven't seen it yet, just amusing myself with smileys.

  19. #1294
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by stipo
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    :.................:...= "Brokeback Mountain"

    Just kidding. I haven't seen it yet, just amusing myself with smileys.
    I'm waiting on Harmonica to give us his report on Brokeback Mountain...For some reason, that just sounds like his kind of movie...

  20. #1295
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyron
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm waiting on Harmonica to give us his report on Brokeback Mountain...For some reason, that just sounds like his kind of movie...
    What exactly is my kind of movie?

    Anyway...

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...t=7837&page=52

  21. #1296
    Member McClintic Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What exactly is my kind of movie?

    Anyway...

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...t=7837&page=52
    We know you've been gathering films from the voluminous gay cowboy genre for years now, so just stop with the coy, "what exactly is my kind of movie" bit.

  22. #1297
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What exactly is my kind of movie?
    I would define it as a movie that most of us wouldn't pay to see ......just kidding around.

    I know you watch a lot of movies I have never even heard of. But I'm sure most of them are good.

  23. #1298
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,682

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?



    It was well lit......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  24. #1299
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,503

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    In honor of Harmonica I've changed my avatar for the weekend....

    -Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  25. #1300
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In honor of Harmonica I've changed my avatar for the weekend....

    -Bball
    Beautiful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •