Page 330 of 346 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340 ... LastLast
Results 8,226 to 8,250 of 8640

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never Sleep Again(Nightmare On Elm Street Documentary) 2010

Very well done and really high IMDB score. Worth a watch if you are a horror fan in general. I would love to see Halloween and Friday the 13th get the same treatment. Personally, I like those series better than the Elm Street series.

Well, I'll answer my own question. Crystal Lake Memories(2013) has already shipped to some customers and comes out to the public in October. 7 hours of material. Can't wait to see it although I do have the Friday 13th box set with a lot of interviews and commentary so I imagine a lot of that stuff will be re-hashed in this documentary. It will still be great to hear new interviews from a lot of the cast members.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    It's really good, though I'm not sure it's that moving. I saw it as more like an origin story of a monster/serial killer, really gripping and rough to watch. The story of the fatalities are definitely not happy, but it kind of feels like hearing about an actor dying on set after recklessly trying to do her own stunts. The transition of a lot of the trainers from SeaWorld performers to television activists is pretty seamless and makes you think that these kinds of personality types help contribute to what's obviously a dangerous/spontaneous culture. SeaWorld comes off as pretty evil, but the movie handles it in a way that's pretty fair and seems like it's most or all SW's doing. High recommended as well.
    You ever check out Curfew?

Banned

"moneyball" good movie even though I wish they did more with it.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You ever check out Curfew?
    I haven't. What's up with it?

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Plan on seeing Prisoners and Insidious Chapter 2 this weekend.

Prisoners - excellent movie as I expected. There are things you could nitpick, but still very well done and engrossing. The movie most reminded me of was Mystic River
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 09-23-2013 at 02:00 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Nerd.
    Mood

Agree with Unclebuck on Prisoners.

Very good. Kept me engrossed the entire time; as with all movies, one can nitpick the slightest things, but this one was done well. Jackman is great as always, but I though Gyllenhall's portrayal of the LEO was excellent. I'd recommend this one 100%.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stryder For This Useful Post:

This post summer season is turning out to be a real treat. Now the critics are calling Gravity with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney one of the year's best films. Can't wait to see this one as well. Throw in Ron Howard's Rush too. On the heels of Prisoners that most critics are raving about.

There have been a weird amount of coming of age films that I've actually liked this summer/year. It's not a genre I particularly frequent (save Stand By Me, which holds a special place for me), but for whatever reason, it seems like I've been happening upon more of these films than usual over last few months...

MUD -- Don't really know that it's explicitly a "coming of age" tale, so much as an exploration around what love and loyalty are and aren't, but obviously you all know my feelings. Best of the bunch, one of the best films I've seen in the past 5 years.

FUNERAL KINGS -- On Netflix now, I believe. One of those Stand by Me-ish coming of age movies that isn't afraid to let 14-year-olds swear like 14-year-olds do swear. Acting is meh outside of the main 1 or 2 kids, but Kevin Corrigan is in it, which means I can't hate it, and if you were raised in the Catholic church, there is a lot to laugh at.

THE KINGS OF SUMMER -- I thought this looked like the worst of the bunch, but happened to see it at Keystone Arts when it was playing there, and was shocked by how much I enjoyed it. Gorgeously-filmed (although it does try a bit too hard sometimes) and most importantly: really freaking funny. Definitely an oddball sense of humor, but it's the kind I like, and it totally works. Kids pulled it off, but Nick Offerman stole the show. He pretty much only ever plays one character, but if it ain't broke!

Haven't yet seen THE SPECTACULAR NOW but I guess that falls in the same genre category. Like I said, weird amount of these coming out, but most have been pretty good.

Nerd.
    Mood

The Bling Ring

I wanted to clothesline or powerbomb each and every one of those kids.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Well, I'll answer my own question. Crystal Lake Memories(2013) has already shipped to some customers and comes out to the public in October. 7 hours of material. Can't wait to see it although I do have the Friday 13th box set with a lot of interviews and commentary so I imagine a lot of that stuff will be re-hashed in this documentary. It will still be great to hear new interviews from a lot of the cast members.
    The BluRay set? How is it? Are the transfers for Parts 4 through 8 worthwhile? I've been thinking about picking it up but with minimal extras $100 seems a bit steep.

Mortal Kombat: Legacy II

Well done, just like Legacy I. It was a real treat seeing Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa reprise his role as Shang Tsung.

Banned

"Abducted" ....... horrible movie, bad acting, bad everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    The BluRay set? How is it? Are the transfers for Parts 4 through 8 worthwhile? I've been thinking about picking it up but with minimal extras $100 seems a bit steep.
    No...the DVD set. I only have parts 1-3 on blu-ray. There is a whole disc of extras on the DVD set.

Rush - very well done. I am not a motor sports fan at all, and know nothing about Formula one racing, but soon after the movie started I was interested in what happened

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Rush - very well done. I am not a motor sports fan at all, and know nothing about Formula one racing, but soon after the movie started I was interested in what happened
    Watch Rush....Beyond The Lighted Stage

Banned

"Kill the Irishman" great movie, not sure why it didn't get more advertisement.

Banned

"The iceman", Michael Shannon is always good, another well done movie.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

I haven't seen a movie in the theater all year. The reviews for Gravity are making me think that's going to change pretty quickly.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I haven't seen a movie in the theater all year. The reviews for Gravity are making me think that's going to change pretty quickly.
    Am I the only one that thinks Gravity looks like complete crap?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    As a space geek and scientist, I can tell you that some of the reviews I've heard from other space geeks and scientists indicate that this movie is as close to authentic at it gets, in terms of the physics and astronautics. I've preferred to stay away from any spoilers so I cannot talk about plot points and whether those might be ludicrous, but this movie was made for theaters and the 3D work is supposedly exceptional and not added post-filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    My wife went to see it last night with her sister and both went into it looking forward to enjoying it. Both came away disappointed.

I didn't see it myself but after hearing her report on it I think I'll just wait till video and see it.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Seeing it today

So is Gravity worth seeing in the Theaters? The reviews are overwhelmingly positive...?
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    My wife went to see it last night with her sister and both went into it looking forward to enjoying it. Both came away disappointed.

I didn't see it myself but after hearing her report on it I think I'll just wait till video and see it.

That would be IMO the worst thing you could do. I just saw the movie in 3D (And I don't like 3D 99% of the time, but this time it was well worth it), but if you aren't going to see it in the theater, then I would recommend you just not see it at all. I cannot imagine it being worth your time to just see it on video.

I really liked Gravity. Would recommend in 3D or IMAX 3D. It is a different movie going experience. But visually it is spectacular, and emotionally it worked for me. The movie is very simple, if you need an intricate plot, or much plot at all, you might not love it.

I highly recommend seeing it though. I would be shocked if it isn't nominated for best picture and for a bunch of technical awards
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 10-05-2013 at 02:35 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post: