Page 326 of 340 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336 ... LastLast
Results 8,126 to 8,150 of 8494

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Wolverine- I really, really enjoyed this movie. Probably my 2nd favorite x-men movie behind First Class. The villains could have been better but I really enjoyed the story and the setting in Japan.

Oh yeah, teaser at the end was AWESOME.
    Why in gods name did the take away his adamantium claws? That's upsetting

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Alien Abduction:Incident In Lake County(1998)

A found footage/documentary style film about a family terrorized by aliens on Thanksgiving. Definitely not bad and was probably FAR more effective before the age of the found footage films. Hard for people to suspend their disbelief and just go with these types of films because they are overdone now days. I'll bet I've seen 50 or more "found footage" movies to date. Some are really good and some are downright horrible.

"I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Was wondering if anyone else was going to see it. Jennifer definitely still got it.

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    Was wondering if anyone else was going to see it. Jennifer definitely still got it.

Terrible rating on RT but we all know that doesn't always mean too much.

EDIT: Just checked it again and it's up to 40%. Not quite as bad as I thought. A respectable 6.8 rating on IMDB. Can't wait to see it. I heard Jennifer used a body double for some certain a** shot in the movie?
    Last edited by presto123; 08-09-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    It doesn't look like it's on Netflix yet. I watched it via Amazon Prime streaming.
    I'm glad you said that; I went ahead and watched it tonight via Amazon. I enjoyed it. I think I'm going to buy the album they made together with the board.

The story/history was cool, and I happen to really like the Foo Fighters, so Dave Grohl et al being in the thick of it was really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post

EDIT: Just checked it again and it's up to 40%. Not quite as bad as I thought. A respectable 6.8 rating on IMDB. Can't wait to see it. I heard Jennifer used a body double for some certain a** shot in the movie?
    If they did that is the best editing job I've ever seen as her face is visible the entire time. Not that I want to sound like a perv. but when she was doing that dance for the drug lord, which is the scene I think your referring to, it was mostly close up shots of with her face on the body. I know they can do a lot now a days with digital mixing so I guess it's possible, either way though she has not aged badly at all. Still looks mostly like the girl from office space.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Looks like little to no Thanos in Avengers 2:

http://go.ign.com/17Deoim

Makes the early-credits scene at the end of the first one feel like a mistake / cocktease to me. I suppose they could be planning on him for the third one, though. Especially if that movie serves to wrap up all the Marvel films of this generation. I don't know that it will, but I'm just speculating.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Could Thanos factor in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie? Or they are saving for Avengers 3 as you said. Are they planning anything with Silver Surfer?

Do not buy Aftershock! Terrible movie!

I don't know how to hide spoilers, so I'll put it in white font below. If you want to see the spoiler just highlight like there's font below. Since there is you'll see it.

Everyone of the main characters dies horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Looks like little to know Thanos in Avengers 2:

http://go.ign.com/17Deoim

Makes the early-credits scene at the end of the first one feel like a mistake / cocktease to me. I suppose they could be planning on him for the third one, though. Especially if that movie serves to wrap up all the Marvel films of this generation. I don't know that it will, but I'm just speculating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Could Thanos factor in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie? Or they are saving for Avengers 3 as you said. Are they planning anything with Silver Surfer?
    I think that that's what's going to happen. I think it's better this way. Ultron is such a natural villain for the Avengers, especially given how Iron Man 3 ended.

Thanos has been confirmed for Guardians, so yeah he'll be in there in some capacity
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post

I usually look at the user % but I was surprised the critics thought so poorly. It's not an award winner or any thing but it was a fun movie.

My Amityville Horror(2013)

All new documentary about the Amityville case featuring one of the kids that lived it.....Daniel Lutz. Interesting stuff if you are a fan of this case and I'm really surprised most of the critics like it. Would have liked to see some testimony from Daniel's brother or sister as well because I'm not sure how much we can believe this guy. I don't think he is all there and has real anger issues. If it really did happen any of us would be messed up but just saying. Living in a house where the previous family was murdered would be bad enough without any paranormal or demonic activity.

Finally saw The Wolverine. Probably my second or third favorite X-Men film so far (behind X2 and on par with First Class, and much better than Origins). B+.

Can't wait for DOFP.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Anybody see Heat yet? I heard it is one of the funniest comedies of the year.

It is a funny movie. A few more emotional scenes than I'd prefer but what do you expect.

I like We're the Millers better.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Pacific Rim - I didn't fall asleep while I was watching it, but it's very difficult for me to come up with anything positive to say having left the theater. The parts that aren't extended video game intro sequences are so unintentionally bad that an obnoxiously grating Charlie Day was the high point of the movie personality-wise. I seriously don't get the "geek/nerd love" for it. I don't begrudge anyone for enjoying it, for sure, but how one can find anything meaningful or interesting in this movie is beyond me. I don't how how the same dude made Pan's Labyrinth.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Pacific Rim - I didn't fall asleep while I was watching it, but it's very difficult for me to come up with anything positive to say having left the theater. The parts that aren't extended video game intro sequences are so unintentionally bad that an obnoxiously grating Charlie Day was the high point of the movie personality-wise. I seriously don't get the "geek/nerd love" for it. I don't begrudge anyone for enjoying it, for sure, but how one can find anything meaningful or interesting in this movie is beyond me. I don't how how the same dude made Pan's Labyrinth.
    I really do agree. It was a pretty major letdown for me. I don't know what I expected I suppose but it was so extremely shallow, the CGI is literally the only draw and that's the complete opposite from Del Toro's other stuff. The 1st Transfromers is a legitimately OK popcorn movie, I wanted that with some semblance of depth I guess. There really wasn't, I mean hell, they may as well be the same movies in regard to general takeaway.

Banned

I went to watch "we are the Millers" yesterday and as I expected the movie was pretty bad, too predictable, not that funny, yep I wasted two hours of my life.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 08-15-2013 at 09:37 PM.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I really do agree. It was a pretty major letdown for me. I don't know what I expected I suppose but it was so extremely shallow, the CGI is literally the only draw and that's the complete opposite from Del Toro's other stuff. The 1st Transfromers is a legitimately OK popcorn movie, I wanted that with some semblance of depth I guess. There really wasn't, I mean hell, they may as well be the same movies in regard to general takeaway.
    Yeah, it's pretty much a Michael Bay movie but instead of a sexy chick who needs the man to save her, it's an incompetent chick who needs the man to save her. Bummer.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I finally caught The Dark Knight Rises Part 2. Along with Part 1, it's the best Batman movie of the past 5 years.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Dark Knight Rises Part 2?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    The Dark Knight Rises Part 2?
    I think it's actually The Dark Knight Returns Part 2. It's one of those animated Batman movies.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    It is a funny movie. A few more emotional scenes than I'd prefer but what do you expect.

I like We're the Millers better.
    I thought the emotional scenes were more effective than the comedy. I think Heat is a little over-rated at 7.0 on IMDB. There was a certain chemistry between Bullock and McCarthy but I need a little more than vulgar language and insults. It had it's moments and is worth a watch but I expected more. Take Horrible Bosses for example. It was vulgar in many ways but the set up and execution of scenes was far better.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Whoops, I meant Returns. My bad.