Page 323 of 344 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,075 of 8586

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Mood

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Peter Jackson one? I remember liking that one. And thinking that it was the only one of his movies evidently made by an adult.
    Heavenly Creatures?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Night at the Museum 2...I thought it was fun
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

The Lone Ranger.

This is a very hard one to judge. It is what it is and I would be lying if I said that it was boring and not entertaining.

But you really have to turn your mind off to enjoy this in many ways as plot holes abound and they can't make up their minds from one scene to the next if this is a serious film or a comedy or something else. In fact I suspect that will be one of the criticism of the movie is that it tries to be both and succeeds at neither.

The choice for the Lone Ranger was just poor. In fact the entire portrayal of the Lone Ranger is poor. If you have ever seen the movie "Dragon" about Bruce Lee then you'll get my comparison here. This really was the Kato show with a wimpy Green Hornet looking on.

For whatever reason they chose to make his character anything but the Lone Ranger.

Yea, if I sit and break it down it will sound awful and in some ways (many ways actually) it was. But it was weird because as I said I didn't find myself hating it or walking out mad.

People who want to see a western will want to just skip this. If as a kid you liked the lone ranger, skip this.

However if you like seeing Johnny Depp be quirky and weird, well then see Dark Shadows first but then come see this.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Does Johnny Depp do anything but quirky and weird is the question. I love his acting but find it funny that he is in every weird movie out there. LOL

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Didn't think award season would be sewn up so earlier this year.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    However if you like seeing Johnny Depp be quirky and weird, well then see Dark Shadows first but then come see this.

Sometimes it's just cheaper to watch a supercut.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Does Johnny Depp do anything but quirky and weird is the question. I love his acting but find it funny that he is in every weird movie out there. LOL
    Here's how damn old I am. I actually remember him from 21 jump street (the TV show not the movie).

Yea he has kind of gone over the top with his film choices lately. I applaud him for making the decision all those years ago to not be type cast but at this point he is actually type casting himself into the bizarre and quirky.

Still though, the guy can act.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Didn't think award season would be sewn up so earlier this year.

I know this is the wrong thread for it but these movies and the Scyfy channel **** me off. They make these absolutely God awful films, yes I know they know they are bad and that they are doing it on purpose, but will not give budget to almost any of their scripted shows and won't green light any number of shows that they should have done. The walking dead would not have made it past the first 6 episodes if it were on this channel.

I guess they know what they are doing but damn if they aren't frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Here's how damn old I am. I actually remember him from 21 jump street (the TV show not the movie).

Yea he has kind of gone over the top with his film choices lately. I applaud him for making the decision all those years ago to not be type cast but at this point he is actually type casting himself into the bizarre and quirky.

Still though, the guy can act.
    Public Enemies was a little different than what he does. He is a very good actor. I'm disappointed Lone Ranger wasn't better. It could have been done well
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Going to see the Lone Ranger tonight and dreading every minute of it. Considering taking a sleeping pill so I can sleep through it. I'll give it an honest try for about 30-45 minutes. If I hate it as much as I expect, I'll be thinking about other things sooner than 30 minutes in.

Why do they have to make it 2 and a half hours long. Just knowing it is 30 minutes longer than average might be too much for me to take mentally. Maybe I'll pig out on popcorn the whole time.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-04-2013 at 09:37 AM.

OK, I did see Lone Ranger last night, and while my expectations going in were really low, it was actually maybe a little better than I thought it would be. Way too long though, 2.5 hours is way way too long. The plot was a mess, and sure the tone shifted back and forth all the time and often within the same scene. My suggestions would have been to make it 35 to 40 minutes shorter and emphasis the funny scenes and funny parts, cut back on the violence, and it would have been a lot better. Make it more family friendly. The movie was at its best when it was funny. But much better than a Michael Bay movie or a Roland Emmerich movie the guy that did the White House Down movie
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-04-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Saw Despicable Me 2 yesterday. They gave the audience what they wanted, more emphasis on the Minions. No complaints outside that the final "battle" could've been longer though. Just as good if not better than the first one. Loved it. Kristen Wiig's character reminded me that it was a cliché Kristen Wiig character.

Kevin Hart

Not his greatest standup, but was good. Just strange watching standup at a movie theater...doubt I ever do that again.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Despicable Me 2​...fun, super cute

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Finally got around to seeing the Evil Dead remake and was pleasantly surprised. One of the better remakes/homages out there.

I'm even more hyped to read that Evil Dead and Army of Darkness are supposedly going to exist as two seperate franchises with the plan to eventually cross over! Groovy!

Mood

Grownups - I finished it
    The Guilt Trip - DNF
    A Good Day to Die Hard - DNF
    Dredd - I finished it, and it was ****ing great...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

The Heat was pretty good, entertaining, funny. Similar in some ways as last years 21 Jump Street but not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Finally got around to seeing the Evil Dead remake and was pleasantly surprised. One of the better remakes/homages out there.

I'm even more hyped to read that Evil Dead and Army of Darkness are supposedly going to exist as two seperate franchises with the plan to eventually cross over! Groovy!

I just watched it and was pleasantly surprised as well. The original Evil Dead purists(and trolls) on the IMDB message boards absolutely trashed this movie for not being enough of a homage. Don't think I will trust IMDB opinions ever again. The original is a classic but I don't think it stands up very well over time. This one isn't perfect but man did I enjoy it. The atmosphere was creepy.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Psycho 2 & 3. Been watching Bates Motel and hadn't seen any of the Psycho flicks in a while. They were both okay.

I just watched it and was pleasantly surprised as well. The original Evil Dead purists(and trolls) on the IMDB message boards absolutely trashed this movie for not being enough of a homage. Don't think I will trust IMDB opinions ever again. The original is a classic but I don't think it stands up very well over time. This one isn't perfect but man did I enjoy it. The atmosphere was creepy.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Did you see the cameo after the credits?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Did you see the cameo after the credits?

Yeah. Had a feeling that's who it would be.

World War Z

I was surprised. It was a very good action movie. Fortunately, I went in knowing it was like the book in name only. If I went in expecting the story(s) in the book, I think I would have been fairly disappointed.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Please tell me I'm not the only one watching SyFy right now...

Last edited by ECKrueger; 07-11-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Mood

The original is a classic but I don't think it stands up very well over time.
    This is one of the main reasons I found the remake impossible to enjoy. They didn't change enough of the original material for it to seem like a modern horror movie (kind of necessary when you're making an evil cabin movie post-The Cabin in the Woods). But some of the alterations, like the attempt at an emotional ending, were so bad, no matter what year the movie was made in. I think the new movie could be enjoyable with no context, but if you've seen the original and horror movies since, it's just not compelling at all, especially after Cabin and Tucker & Dale obliterated the creepy cabin concept.

Just got back from watching Pacific Rim.

-An odd attempt to blend Japanese monster/robot pop culture with American mega-movie budgets. As a big anime fan, I noted some very obvious references/tributes.

-The actors are (for the most part) good, the script is rather generic and the comedy bits don't work very well. That said, if you purchased a ticket to watch this movie for any of those things, slap yourself repeatedly.

-The action absolutely works. It looks gorgeous, sounds gorgeous. I saw it on regular 3D, but would consider watching it again on IMAX. There were some elements of the movie that frustrated me a bit, but they totally nailed what they needed to get right.

-This is an excellent summer popcorn action flick. This is giant monsters fighting giant robots, as well as it has ever been done. Well worth the price of admission.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004