Page 317 of 344 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,925 of 8591

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #7901
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,119

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    A Place Beyond The Pines(2013) with Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper. Great movie. A whopping 7.7 rating on IMDB.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  3. #7902
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Yeah, I didn't quite get that part about Iron Man 3:

    Spoiler Spoiler:

  4. #7903
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,874
    Mood

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I'm really not that good at predicting stuff in movies, but I thought
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    was pretty obvious.

  5. #7904
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,064

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Does Iron Man 3 explain why there's a gigantic bunny in Tony Stark's house in the trailer?

  6. #7905

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Yes...that bunny is incredibly disturbing
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  7. #7906
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,232

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does Iron Man 3 explain why there's a gigantic bunny in Tony Stark's house in the trailer?
    It was outside for when Pepper got home. It was a gift. Then they brought it inside. Maybe Jarvis in one of the suits brought it in.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  8. #7907
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iron Man 3

    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Remember at the moment, RDJ's contract is up with Marvel, etc. so they probably didn't want to over promise. He's not even required to do a second Avengers ATM

    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 05-07-2013 at 11:10 AM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #7908
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They really showed the Extremis sequence perfectly.
    What do you mean by this?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. #7909

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember at the moment, RDJ's contract is up with Marvel, etc. so they probably didn't want to over promise. He's not even required to do a second Avengers ATM

    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Suaveness; 05-07-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  11. #7910
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. #7911
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Iron Man 3

    Really liked it. I don't really agree with the complaints. In fact, the more I reflect on the movie the more I like it. It was a bit deeper that a comic book movie. I think that's been the reason of some of the negative feedback. Avengers was pretty much non-stop action. IM3 dealt with more human oriented issues, more of a Tony Stark movie really. Not just a "put the suit on and blow stuff up movie", although lots of things do go boom.

    It's hard to please everybody. Just blow stuff up and everybody complains about the lack of character development. Explore and develop the main character, and people complain that there wasn't enough action (even though there was plenty). I thought IM3 balanced it pretty well.

    Anyway, I liked it.

    Doug
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doug For This Useful Post:


  14. #7912
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,232

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Oblivion

    Good grief was this movie painfully slow, dull and just terrible. I want my money back for having watched that.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  16. #7913
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Spoiler Spoiler:

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  18. #7914
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oblivion

    Good grief was this movie painfully slow, dull and just terrible. I want my money back for having watched that.
    Yeah... I'm a big Tom Cruise fan, but that was a horrible movie.

  19. #7915
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Not a movie I have seen recently (or at all, yet) but does anyone else think the marketing and release for Star Trek Into Darknesshasbeen really strange? First of all, they aren't telling you anything​ about the villain:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    but they're also releasing it the week before Fast Six and The Hangover 3 (not to mention Disney's Epic) -- I think there's a very good chance that it's going to make less (at least domestically) that the last one. And that's never a good sign. I'll still probably​ see it, but considering how much I liked the first one, I'm not really at all excited for the new one.

  20. #7916
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,119

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The fact that there is a Grown Ups 2 coming out just shows everything that is wrong with the movie industry now days.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  22. #7917
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,874
    Mood

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    You know you just ruined Paul Walker's character arc, right?

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  24. #7918
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Does seem to me that the next two weekends are loaded as far as new releases. I would expect the Disney pic to do really well as there is nothing at all out right now for families or kids.

  25. #7919
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,463

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Great Gatsby. I loved the book, but thought this film was "meh". The imagery was cool at times, but overall it was overdone. I have nothing against Jay-Z or Beyonce', but playing their music in a film set in the 1920's was just bizarre. I felt that Tobey Maguire was dreadfully boring as Nick. Leo Dicap was good as Gatsby and I thought that the guy who played Tom turned in by far the best performance of the film. I just didn't feel that the movie did a good job of conveying the darker second half of the story and it all felt too rushed at the end. Also, the party seasons were grossly overdone and completely unrealistic. Overall it wasn't a film that I'll remember much about.

  26. #7920
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,951

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Star Trek Into Darkness

    I didn't love the reboot when I first saw it, and it hasn't aged well for me either. That, combined with troubling reviews, had me very apprehensive walking in. I really don't know how to discuss this movie without spoiling it out the wazoo, so I'll just say I was pleasantly surprised, and really enjoyed it.

    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  27. #7921
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,874
    Mood

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Other than the title of the movie, which makes no sense and seems like it came from a Random Sequel Generator machine, Star Trek: Into Darkness is pretty good. The characters aren't great (Alive Eve really is just there for the shot in the trailer.), but at least they get to do something amidst all the millions of CG dollars. It kind of reminded me of the Avengers in that most everyone's role is well established, they fulfilled their tasks, get their little character moments, and things work out.

    What I think makes these JJ Abrams movies work and why Super 8 had so many problems is that he isn't putting so much effort into this; he isn't trying too hard. There isn't much at stake, and Abrams is fine with that. He has that Spielberg quality where he can make big, expensive movies that are fine with wearing their hearts on their sleeves and their brains on the floor. I don't really care how the new Star Wars ends up, but it seems like having someone mostly detached from these franchises yields good results. (If you don't believe me, see season four of Community. Damn, it hurt to type that.)

  28. #7922
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Star Trek - It was pretty good, not bad, nothing about it was great. Not memorable. Felt the same way about Iron Man 3. well made, but maybe I have grown tired of these movies.

  29. #7923
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Iron Man 3 was really ****ing stupid. Downey is great because he is Downey, and there were some funny moments in the movie, but I just didn't like it. Guy Pearce's villain was wildly, incredibly idiotic. A mix between the liquid Terminator in T2 and Wolverine.

  30. #7924
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Fast 6

    It was amazing, like the rest of the franchise. Bad acting was taken to a new level (thanks, Gina Carano!), absurdity was taken to a new level, cheesy one liners were taken to a new level, and the gang is back together! Couldn't be happier. I think The Rock really added a ton to this franchise.

  31. #7925
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fast 6

    It was amazing, like the rest of the franchise. Bad acting was taken to a new level (thanks, Gina Carano!), absurdity was taken to a new level, cheesy one liners were taken to a new level, and the gang is back together! Couldn't be happier. I think The Rock really added a ton to this franchise.
    well now i need to see it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •