Page 315 of 349 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 8717

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw this just after it originally came out in the theaters. I was pretty young and we snuck in the theater despite us being under 17. We had to sneak in because in the case of this movie, they made an exception and treated the movie like it had an x-rating, and so they allowed no one under 17 in the theater, even though the movie was rated R. I think they substantially cut it for the re-release that was a more appropriate version for the R rating. Scariest movie I ever saw that was made before 1980. Actually, I still consider it the scariest movie I have ever seen because I can't think of an other flick that made me want to keep the lights on at night.

The flick that freaked me out at the movies as a kid was Burnt Offerings. Also the scene in Salem's Lot where the vampire with glowing eyes floats up to the window and is trying to get in. I agree with your thoughts on The Exorcist. That and Halloween are my top 2 of all time. Would really have to think to come up with a top 10 list. I've seen so many. The Shining would probably make it just for atmosphere.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    The Shining would probably make it just for atmosphere.
    I agree about the Kubrick version with Nicholson. I just saw that on cable and it still holds up well. The inspiration for the movie was the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO. I stayed there one night, but the only horror I experienced was the rather small bed I had to sleep in.

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    Oblivion - my first IMAX experience - better to watch it with as little information as possible - Tom Cruise still can carry the lead roles - good flick

I did not see it in IMAX. But I was bored by this movie. Not much action and the story wasn't good enough to carry the movie. Liked the look of the movie and the gadgets, but was really bored

I would die happy if I never saw Tom Cruise in movie again. Sorry, but like most things in popular culture right now in America. Over-rated.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I would die happy if I never saw Tom Cruise in movie again. Sorry, but like most things in popular culture right now in America. Over-rated.
    He's still a quality leading man, he just hasn't done a good project in a good while. He absolutely killed it in Tropic Thunder and it was because he finally took a bit part instead of a Tom Cruise Vehicle. He was the only thing that made an otherwise awful Jack Reacher watchable. I haven't watched any of the Mission Impossible movies, but the last legitimately good movie he led was what, Collateral? That's almost a decade ago.

Will Smith's heading down the same route btw, becoming a bigger brand than he is talent. Say what you will about Cruise being overrated or whatever, but man, Will Smith is the safest actor in the world. Doesn't push a single boundary. At least Cruise has some range. Imagine if Smith had said yes to Django and it started this outstanding second act of his acting career. He's going to have to do something like that eventually, he's not getting any younger, he won't be the good looking affable dude forever. Not that it matters I guess, he's got more money than God so he can just retire at like 50.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mi-4 was a really good moivie and Cruise was really good in that movie. He was the only good thing in Jack Reacher.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I did not see it in IMAX. But I was bored by this movie. Not much action and the story wasn't good enough to carry the movie. Liked the look of the movie and the gadgets, but was really bored
    I'm surprised to hear that you weren't a fan of the pacing of the movie. Usually if memory serves me right you don't have much trouble with movies that are a bit slower than 9 explosions per second.

I liked the way the movie developed - peeling it off one layer at a time as if it was a gift being unwrapped.

I think I'll wait and rent Oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    I'm surprised to hear that you weren't a fan of the pacing of the movie. Usually if memory serves me right you don't have much trouble with movies that are a bit slower than 9 explosions per second.

I liked the way the movie developed - peeling it off one layer at a time as if it was a gift being unwrapped.

I had no problem with the pace. I was bored because nothing drew me into the story, or the characters, or the action

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He's still a quality leading man, he just hasn't done a good project in a good while. He absolutely killed it in Tropic Thunder and it was because he finally took a bit part instead of a Tom Cruise Vehicle. He was the only thing that made an otherwise awful Jack Reacher watchable. I haven't watched any of the Mission Impossible movies, but the last legitimately good movie he led was what, Collateral? That's almost a decade ago.

Will Smith's heading down the same route btw, becoming a bigger brand than he is talent. Say what you will about Cruise being overrated or whatever, but man, Will Smith is the safest actor in the world. Doesn't push a single boundary. At least Cruise has some range. Imagine if Smith had said yes to Django and it started this outstanding second act of his acting career. He's going to have to do something like that eventually, he's not getting any younger, he won't be the good looking affable dude forever. Not that it matters I guess, he's got more money than God so he can just retire at like 50.
    And the worst thing about Smith (and his now ex wife) is that they named their kids after them and proceeded to try to make them into little superstars like them, destroying potentially normal lives for them forever. At least TC has the good sense to let little Suri's thetan level rise before sending her out into the world.

And yeah, Ghost Protocol was sick. Brad Bird FTW.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jurassic Park 3D
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Saw a really good movie today. The Place Beyond The Pines.

Don't want to say too much about it, but I highly recommend it. Starts off kind of slow, but slowly draws you into the story.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 04-23-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Oblivion is basically
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    with a bigger budget. I enjoyed the latter more.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JB24 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    Oblivion is basically ... with a bigger budget. I enjoyed the latter more.
    Yeah, that's what I figured from the trailers. I'm not a fan of the futuristic movies where everything looks like it was designed like Apple like Oblivion looks like.

Mama(2013)

A nice little pleasant surprise as it's hard to find good spooky movies these days. Had some of my fav things I like in movies including ghost story, snowy roads, creepy kids, and cabin in the woods. With movies like Mama, Insidious, Sinister, Woman In Black.......the genre really seems to be looking up for the future.

The Conjuring in July is the next great hope for a modern classic. I heard it received record breaking test scores.
    Last edited by presto123; 04-23-2013 at 02:36 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

RWB

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yeah, that's what I figured from the trailers. I'm not a fan of the futuristic movies where everything looks like it was designed like Apple like Oblivion looks like.
    Are we sure that in the future everything won't be designed by Apple?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Wow, Michael bay apologizes for Armageddon. He has a few other movies and general style to apologize for next, but this is a start.

edit: wait, then he takes it back?

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/michael...151600765.html

Michael Bay Apologizes For Making 'Armageddon'

He's responsible for movies includingBad Boys II and Transformers: Dark of the Moon, yet director Michael Bay thinks Armageddon is his worst film.
    "I will apologize for Armageddon, because we had to do the whole movie in 16 weeks," the Pain & Gain director tells The Miami Herald. "It was a massive undertaking. That was not fair to the movie. I would redo the entire third act if I could."

In case you forgot the 1998 blockbuster film starring Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler, Armageddon is about an asteroid the size of Texas that is heading to Earth in less than a month unless NASA's misfit team of deep-core drillers can save humanity

"It was terrible," Bay adds. "My visual effects supervisor had a nervous breakdown, so I had to be in charge of that. I called James Cameron and asked 'What do you do when you’re doing all the effects yourself?' But the movie did fine."

Saying of his critics, "People have always given me a hard time on my editing. But if you could do a graph on my movies, you would see how my editing has slowed down over the years. Bad Boys was my first movie, and we cut that quite fast. Back then it was very new for action. Now you see a lot of that imitated. Call it what you will. Yes, critics have given me s*** about it. But when you watch the Bourne Identity movies, they are cut way faster."

UPDATE: Bay, 48, is claiming that the Herald reporter misused his quotes to the paper. In a statement on his website, the director writes:

One press writer has gone too far in reporting false information. He has printed the bare minimum of my statement which in effect have twisted my words and meaning. I'm not in the slightest going to apologize for the third movie in my movie career, a film called Armageddon. On the red carpet for Pain & Gain some reporters asked me what are you apologizing for, and I said what on earth are you talking about?

What I clearly said to the reporter, is I wish I had more time to edit the film, specifically the the third act. He asked me in effect what would you change if you could in your movies if you could go back. I said, I wish we had a few more weeks in the edit room on Armageddon. And still today Armageddon, is still one of the most shown movies on cable TV. And yes, I'm proud of the movie. Enough said.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Saw Oblivion this weekend. Thought it was pretty crappy aside from the two chicks being kind of attractive and some cool gadgets. Story was crap and the plot "twists" were obvious from a mile away.

I remember turning to my buddy during the opening intro, and saying "There's no way they are wanting us to believe that humans built a gigantic space station while also fighting an intergalactic nuclear war in whcih another race got the jump on us are they?" Either way I knew that plot mechanic was doomed to fail either as a twist or if it was face value, and it did.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Wow, Michael bay apologizes for Armageddon. He has a few other movies and general style to apologize for next, but this is a start.

edit: wait, then he takes it back?

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/michael...151600765.html

Michael Bay Apologizes For Making 'Armageddon'

He's responsible for movies includingBad Boys II and Transformers: Dark of the Moon, yet director Michael Bay thinks Armageddon is his worst film.
    "I will apologize for Armageddon, because we had to do the whole movie in 16 weeks," the Pain & Gain director tells The Miami Herald. "It was a massive undertaking. That was not fair to the movie. I would redo the entire third act if I could."

In case you forgot the 1998 blockbuster film starring Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler, Armageddon is about an asteroid the size of Texas that is heading to Earth in less than a month unless NASA's misfit team of deep-core drillers can save humanity

"It was terrible," Bay adds. "My visual effects supervisor had a nervous breakdown, so I had to be in charge of that. I called James Cameron and asked 'What do you do when you’re doing all the effects yourself?' But the movie did fine."

Saying of his critics, "People have always given me a hard time on my editing. But if you could do a graph on my movies, you would see how my editing has slowed down over the years. Bad Boys was my first movie, and we cut that quite fast. Back then it was very new for action. Now you see a lot of that imitated. Call it what you will. Yes, critics have given me s*** about it. But when you watch the Bourne Identity movies, they are cut way faster."

UPDATE: Bay, 48, is claiming that the Herald reporter misused his quotes to the paper. In a statement on his website, the director writes:

One press writer has gone too far in reporting false information. He has printed the bare minimum of my statement which in effect have twisted my words and meaning. I'm not in the slightest going to apologize for the third movie in my movie career, a film called Armageddon. On the red carpet for Pain & Gain some reporters asked me what are you apologizing for, and I said what on earth are you talking about?

What I clearly said to the reporter, is I wish I had more time to edit the film, specifically the the third act. He asked me in effect what would you change if you could in your movies if you could go back. I said, I wish we had a few more weeks in the edit room on Armageddon. And still today Armageddon, is still one of the most shown movies on cable TV. And yes, I'm proud of the movie. Enough said.
    He needs to apologize for all the Transformer movies. And then step down on the Ninja Turtles. I don't have a problem with Bay movies that some have, but the Transformer movies are unwatchable. From what I hear about the Turtles and the casting, I'm not liking it one bit.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

I would like to point out that the Man of Steel trailer was freaking awesome.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    He needs to apologize for all the Transformer movies. And then step down on the Ninja Turtles. I don't have a problem with Bay movies that some have, but the Transformer movies are unwatchable. From what I hear about the Turtles and the casting, I'm not liking it one bit.
    I actually enjoyed the 1st and the 3rd films.

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    I actually enjoyed the 1st and the 3rd films.
    Yikes. First was just terrible. 2nd one was so awful that I can't bring myself to even watch the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    I would like to point out that the Man of Steel trailer was freaking awesome.
    Yes yes yes!!! Can't wait to see this movie!

So many good movies coming out this year. First up, Iron Man 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Yikes. First was just terrible. 2nd one was so awful that I can't bring myself to even watch the 3rd.
    Megan fox, explosions, giant robots and freaking gigantic battle scene. I didn't watch it for its plot line, I watched it for boobs and explosions.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Megan fox, explosions, giant robots and freaking gigantic battle scene. I didn't watch it for its plot line, I watched it for boobs and explosions.
    this exactly. when i go to see transformers, i go for the same thing and its exactly what i get. thats why i haven't hated the franchise like so many others have.