Page 311 of 346 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,775 of 8640

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Flipping the channels and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist just started so I left it there.

Pretty slow movie, but I enjoyed it.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Thinner (Great Stephen KIng book) it was average at best compared to the book.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Campaign

Dumb but funny. I would call it realistic, but the real ones are even more crazy!

Ides of March.

What a *****ing boring movie.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Batman 1989. I've come to terms with it being a good Elseworlds movie. But as a real Batman movie there's just so much​ totally wrong with it.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The Impossible - After the first fifteen minutes or so of expected monotony, the bit with the flood and Naomi and the kid is pretty great. After that, the movie seesaws back and forth between being really genuinely moving and encroaching very close to being manipulatively sentimental. I think it ultimately came out positive. By the same guy who did The Orphanage, probably the best ghost story movie I've ever seen. Recommended.

Wreck-It Ralph - The best animated movie of the year, kind of by default. Still, the animation is great, the depth of the world is impressive, and Sarah Silverman makes the movie work. It's weird to say, but I don't think another actor could have pulled it off. The story does get fairly dark at times (perhaps without being completely aware), and there are some plot elements that are a little underdeveloped, but it's one of those movies like Cabin in the Woods or Scott Pilgrim where you know the people involved just had a ton of fun coming up with the universe and everything in it. Pretty strongly recommended.

Flight - This is barely worth reviewing. The crash is acceptable and there's a pretty interesting scene in a hospital stairwell. Other than that, it's a trite, messy, incoherent, and laughably bad attempt to sell the merits of rehab. Denzel's not bad in it, but when the material is so ******, it's tough to consider it a good performance. It's pretty funny that the lesson is to drink vodka and snort coke, since that's probably not the intention. Best original screenplay? Pretty strongly **** this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Flipping the channels and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist just started so I left it there.

Pretty slow movie, but I enjoyed it.
    I thought it was a very, very, good movie. Witty dialogue, real characters at it's heart and two great leads. Not to mention they didn't do the "gay character used for laughs or as a stereotype" thing. I thought it was one of the better, yet overlooked romantic comedies of it's type of that year.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    The Campaign

Dumb but funny. I would call it realistic, but the real ones are even more crazy!
    Well you, would find that movie funny since you're a tilt-a-whirl carnival ride operator. I suspect you learned that trade and how to deep fry anything while in THaute.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring

I watched this over the weekend and I am reading the book as well. I did not realize how much they cut out of the first part of the book, but I have to agree the whole stuff with Tom would not been that good on the big screen.

Made me really want to see the second part of the Hobbit!

new Red Dawn. didn't think it could be worse than the original but it definitely seems to be. only made it 30 or so minutes.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

I started watching Wet Hot American Summer last night. Picked it up somewhere in the middle. It sort of went like this...

"Oh there's an actor I like and think is pretty funny." "Oh there's another one." "Oh cool, she's funny too." "That guys usually in good stuff." "I like her." "I've been watching a movie for an hour that is packed full of people I like and think are funny and I've not laughed once. I guess I'll turn this off and go to bed."
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

I enjoyed Flight. More than I can say for the majority of today's movies. Does anybody think all this CGI is actually one of the worst things to happen to the industry? Many rely to heavily on it and we are starting to get cartoon reality movies. It's usually very easy to spot. Too much CGI and rehashing all the old classics are my major gripes about today's movies.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Well you, would find that movie funny since you're a tilt-a-whirl carnival ride operator. I suspect you learned that trade and how to deep fry anything while in THaute.
    Actually, I worked the bumper cars, carousel, and the cotton candy booth my three summers as a carny during the Banks of the Wabash Festival, thank you very much! i almost went on the road with them the summer I graduated from State, but did the grown up thing and tried to get a real job instead.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Ides of March.

What a *****ing boring movie.
    Really? I thought it was really good.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Argo

Very good movie that was pretty intense.

Now really free Lance!

Chronicle

Love this movie. Really hope they make a sequel and we find out what happened to them that gave them powers.

Gonna be watching 7 Psychopaths that I got form Netflix either tonight or tomorrow.

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Watched Les Mis. I don't feel qualified to review this. I will say that Russell Crowe's performance comes off as a loving tribute to "Matt Damon" in Team America.

Silver Linings Playbook - Seriously, everyone, do yourselves a favor and watch this movie.

X-Men First Class - Seen this twice now and was still as great as when I first watched.

Now really free Lance!

Curfew, the short film that won the Oscar this year. Really, really outstanding. Didn't know I could get misty eyed multiple times in under 20 minutes.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Curfew, the short film that won the Oscar this year. Really, really outstanding. Didn't know I could get misty eyed multiple times in under 20 minutes.
    How about under five?

It looks like Curfew is on iTunes for two bucks. Worth it?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

The one thing about Up that's always, I don't know, given me pause I suppose, is that he made his living selling balloons to kids. You've gotta assume that means he loves kids, is great with the, all that. But then the Boy Scout kid hitches a ride and he treats him like crap for the majority of the movie. I know he lost the love his life and that changes a man, but you'd think old habits die hard. I don't know, maybe I'm over-analyzing lol.

Anyway, about Curfew. I'll preface it by saying that it's pretty damn dark and a big part of why I liked it is because a good bit of it hit home with me, and not necessarily in the best way. But yes, spend the 2 bucks, if only to support extremely quality independent artists. Even if you don't like the themes the quality of the work alone deserves it. And if you hate it, hey, it's only 2 bucks.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

The Departed.

ARE YOU A CAAAWP?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Pig Nash For This Useful Post:

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    The Departed.

ARE YOU A CAAAWP?

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe **** yourself.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe **** yourself.
    Argo **** yourself.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Watched Les Mis. I don't feel qualified to review this. I will say that Russell Crowe's performance comes off as a loving tribute to "Matt Damon" in Team America.
    There was a lot to like about Les Mis. Anne Hathaway. Samantha Barks' voice. Anne Hathaway. The visuals. Anne Hathaway. Borat and Helena. Oh yea, and Anne Hathaway. A lot of it was done well. The issue is, the director made the poor decision to go with actors instead of singers. You can't do that in a musical with no dialogue. Crowe was terrible. And Hugh Jackman wasn't that much better. (Listen to his version of "Bring Him Home", and then listen to the broadway show's version..heck..listen to the Glee version.. to see the difference.) The only people that worked for was Sasha Cohen (who might have actually been better at one of the leads) and Helena Bonham Carter, whose songs aren't that difficult and whose comedic timing was more important. But seriously, Anne Hathaway was incredible.

I want to see a lot of oscar movies (I saw Django - awesome); Life of Pi, Silver Linings Playbook, Argo, Beasts of the Southern Wild.

But #1 on my list was The Search for Sugarman. It's a documentary, but an absolutely amazing story. I saw the guy interviewed on 60 minutes, and he's just..endearing. I actually really like his music too. Such an interesting film. Something really positive too.
    Last edited by Sookie; 03-01-2013 at 05:43 PM.