Page 304 of 346 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 8635

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Looper

Pretty average movie. Had potential but got kind of sidetracked later in the film and ended pretty predictably.

C

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Moonrise Kingdom. I've been a Wes Anderson fan for quite some time, and while I enjoyed the movie, I'm not sure it's one I'll revisit any time soon. Just didn't click like some of his other movies for me in the past.

Mood

Flight

Good for what it was but the movie was not what I was expecting, very solid morality playesque drama. Denzel is such a great actor...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Amazing Spider-Man.

Rented an HD copy of the movie from Xbox Live, and since I'm a Spider-Man fan I liked it. Although, you can't really change the stuff up too much, it's basically a re-hash of the first Spider-Man, which was about his origin, except it's during his High School years, and Gwen Stacy is his love interest, played by the beautiful Emma Stone.

Looking forward to the second one, which comes out around May 2014, I believe.
    What do you mean "except it's during his High School years". The first one started out in high school too.

Just didn't like this one. Just too many things reminded me of the first. The lizard hearing a voice just like the Green Goblin did. The whole car over the bridge thing. The final fight scene was just all wrong, including the crane scenes to get to the Lizard. Meh. As soon as the cop dad saw Peter Parker was Spidey, we all knew he was a goner. Letting him live would have added tons more drama. Then kill him in the 2nd. Would have had more emotional impact if you ask me.

The guy as Spidey was great. Lots of humor, which is what I wanted. The dude as Peter Parker was *****ing terrible. Just stuttered a lot and there were way too many awkward silences. Hated that.

2nd one can only go up if you ask me, but after the first, I don't really care about the 2nd. The movie was rushed so the studios wouldn't have to give back the rights to Marvel. Marvel would have done a much better job. Hollywood just gets more wrong than right.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

They move on from HS to college fairly quickly in 2002 Spider-man. This one takes place over a shorter period of time, flashbacks aside.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    They move on from HS to college fairly quickly in 2002 Spider-man. This one takes place over a shorter period of time, flashbacks aside.
    Which is why I liked it... The whole mythos or allegory of Spiderman is basically puberty... You know waking up one day being different yet being the same guy, that has the ability to use his hands to spray white stuff.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Anybody check out the Pacific Rim trailer? I gotta say, I was kind of underwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Anybody check out the Pacific Rim trailer? I gotta say, I was kind of underwhelmed.
    It's basically grown up power rangers without the puttys

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I think they could change the name of the movie to Godzilla and no one would be the wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Looked pretty good to me.

Now really free Lance!

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Looked pretty good to me.
    It's not that I thought it was bad or anything, just I dunno, not what I expected. Kind of generic. But I suppose that makes sense. I've been in from the jump because of the premise and Del Toro. But it's not Transformers or GI Joe or whatever where there's already a huge built in audience and there's not really any big name stars, so now they've got market it to just the general public.

Pacific Rim seems like a movie that I'd have been excited to see as a child, but now I just don't care much. A little curious because Charlie Hunnam of all people stars in it, but the premise is "meh" to me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Eh, I'll definitely see Pacific Rim at least once because of the concept of giant robots fighting giant monsters will always appeal to my 10 year old self.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Where's your Hobbit review MAStamper??

I did Hobbit IMAX 3D last night, and I really liked it. I haven't touched LOTR in 5 or 6 years, my interest just faded. I'll be watching them this weekend to compare.

I would say I'm very interested, but not excited, for Man of Steel.
    I am pumped for this. ^

Did anyone hear of the Avengers tv show?

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    Where's your Hobbit review MAStamper??

I did Hobbit IMAX 3D last night, and I really liked it. I haven't touched LOTR in 5 or 6 years, my interest just faded. I'll be watching them this weekend to compare.

I am pumped for this. ^

Did anyone hear of the Avengers tv show?
    It's not Avengers, it's SHIELD. I doubt they have any superheroes in it other than some cameos.

Now really free Lance!

I liked the Hobbit. I didn't love it, but I definitely liked it. If I felt the LOTR movies were an "A", then I'd give this a "B". I think they could have had one great "A" movie had they put the whole book into one film and left out all of the stuff from other source material (asides, perhaps, the opening scene showing how Erebor was prior to Smaug, that ties directly into the narrative and was great), but stretching it out and padding it like this just brings it down a little bit for me. The good news is, this is something that could easily kill a movie, but in the hands of the folks who made the LOTR, they do as good a job as could be expected with that approach and it still mostly works, even if the pace isn't nearly as satisfying to me as LOTR.

I saw it in good old 2D 24fps. I'm curious about 3D 48fps, so I'm hoping to see it that way next week to see what that's like. I keep reading that it makes it look too real to the point of looking fake because you're suddenly having your brain tell you you're staring at actors in makeup and costumes on a set instead of fantasy characters from another world, and apparently it can cause for some awkward movement/motions. One in-depth review said that the depth of field and the clarity are both so good/expansive that it actually becomes a detriment because your eyes never focus naturally on what they're supposed to, and it draws you out of the performances/emotion/humor because you're too busy processing the entirety of the visual information hitting your brain.

billbradley

I saw it in good old 2D 24fps. I'm curious about 3D 48fps, so I'm hoping to see it that way next week to see what that's like. I keep reading that it makes it look too real to the point of looking fake because you're suddenly having your brain tell you you're staring at actors in makeup and costumes on a set instead of fantasy characters from another world, and apparently it can cause for some awkward movement/motions. One in-depth review said that the depth of field and the clarity are both so good/expansive that it actually becomes a detriment because your eyes never focus naturally on what they're supposed to, and it draws you out of the performances/emotion/humor because you're too busy processing the entirety of the visual information hitting your brain.
    It looked weird a few times, but not uncanny valley weird. Simply said though, it does feel like your eyes can't handle it at times. But I still was able to appreciate the humor and emotion, overall I loved the 3D experience, it felt like a ride (not as much as Avengers).

21. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

I liked the Hobbit. I didn't love it, but I definitely liked it. If I felt the LOTR movies were an "A", then I'd give this a "B". I think they could have had one great "A" movie had they put the whole book into one film and left out all of the stuff from other source material (asides, perhaps, the opening scene showing how Erebor was prior to Smaug, that ties directly into the narrative and was great), but stretching it out and padding it like this just brings it down a little bit for me. The good news is, this is something that could easily kill a movie, but in the hands of the folks who made the LOTR, they do as good a job as could be expected with that approach and it still mostly works, even if the pace isn't nearly as satisfying to me as LOTR.

My feeling is that they needed to do this in this movie in order to get the audiences to relate to the characters, which doesn't really happen in the book. I also feel that the 2nd and 3rd movies will not have this problem, because there is so much action left in the book/appendicies info that there will be a steady stream of action, ala Two Towers and ROTK. I think people will find it a bit faster paced.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    It looked weird a few times, but not uncanny valley weird. Simply said though, it does feel like your eyes can't handle it at times. But I still was able to appreciate the humor and emotion, overall I loved the 3D experience, it felt like a ride (not as much as Avengers).
    Did you see it with the high frame rate? I think they're showing it in 3-D but without the high frame rate in most places. As far as I know, the only place that shows the higher frame rate version in Indiana is the Hamilton IMAX in Noblesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    My feeling is that they needed to do this in this movie in order to get the audiences to relate to the characters, which doesn't really happen in the book. I also feel that the 2nd and 3rd movies will not have this problem, because there is so much action left in the book/appendicies info that there will be a steady stream of action, ala Two Towers and ROTK. I think people will find it a bit faster paced.
    I only read the book once, and that was 12 years ago or so. So I don't really remember a lot of the details anymore other than what I can recall more from watching that old 1970s cartoon version. What all is left to do? I can think of being in barrels in the river, dealing with spiders in the forest, of course dealing with Smaug, and then the battle of the five armies. Do you really think we need two movies to tell that stuff? I don't.

Silver Lining Playbook.

Really good. Extremely well written and very engrossing. Highly recommend
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-13-2013 at 10:08 AM.

I only read the book once, and that was 12 years ago or so. So I don't really remember a lot of the details anymore other than what I can recall more from watching that old 1970s cartoon version. What all is left to do? I can think of being in barrels in the river, dealing with spiders in the forest, of course dealing with Smaug, and then the battle of the five armies. Do you really think we need two movies to tell that stuff? I don't.
    Beorn, travelling through Mirkwood, spiders, capture by the Woodelves and Bilbo's ability to get them to the barrels, then meeting Bard, then Smaug and his conversation with Bilbo. I assume all of this will be in the next movie. My guess is that the 3rd movie will have the battle of the 5 armies. In addition, there's this entire thing with the Necromancer, and very likely there will be a huge battle against him as well in the 3rd movie. Plus the ending may tie in with LOTR. So I think there's plenty to do.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

billbradley

Did you see it with the high frame rate? I think they're showing it in 3-D but without the high frame rate in most places. As far as I know, the only place that shows the higher frame rate version in Indiana is the Hamilton IMAX in Noblesville.
    I went to the S. Meridian IMAX. I had no idea they were displaying different frame rates. I should of been all over that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think I'm going to see "Lincoln" tonight. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I think I'm going to see "Lincoln" tonight. Any thoughts?
    Love it love it love it.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post: