Page 300 of 349 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310 ... LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 8710

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

I Bought a Zoo

Good feel good film.

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's My Boy

Total throwaway movie except for Rex Ryan and Vanilla Ice...
    i can't stand adam sandler. should probably stay away from anything he does. jack and jill looked like a turd as well and thankfully it bombed. i think his days are numbered as far as being able to get movies made since i think he has run out of ideas and material. i hope i'm right on this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    i can't stand adam sandler. should probably stay away from anything he does. jack and jill looked like a turd as well and thankfully it bombed. i think his days are numbered as far as being able to get movies made since i think he has run out of ideas and material. i hope i'm right on this.
    You aren't. His movies still, incredibly, do fairly well at the box office. He clearly doesn't give a **** what the critics have to say.

I liked his stuff from the 90s for the most part, but his last several films have been absolutely brutal. I haven't even watched most of them but really the trailers tell you everything you need to know about them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Argo - wow that was a great movie my favorite of the year. Don't be scared away by the serious subject matter. There is a lot of humor in the movie and it is told in a very fast paced and highly entertaining way. Certain best picture nominee and very possibly the best picture winner. Cannot recommend it highly enough.
    I'll be honest, I was real hesitant to watch this as it's not my usual movie style I go see. But I thought it was a terrific movie, great acting and great humor. And I was definitely on the edge of my seat towards the end
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Cabin in the Woods.

I liked it. I thought the ending fell a little flat though, but it was otherwise pretty good. Wife didn't like it....
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Paranormal Activity 4.

Terrible. Couple of good scares. But overall, terrible. I'm not sure why I pay money (although it was a $5 showing) for this crap. But, it is Halloween, and I wanted to see a scary movie. Should have watched Sinister instead.

Cloud Atlas

Really very impressive. I can certainly see people not liking it, however. It's long, disjointed, and can be very confusing. I found some of the sequences boring at first. But I got wrapped up in each one and by the end just wished there'd been more of all of them.

Oh, btw...

Spoiler Spoiler:

[edit] Also, the film is at times surprisingly, graphically violent, with some nudity and simulated sex thrown in for good measure. That's not a tease, it's really a miniscule amount of a three hour movie. Just wanted to warn the squeamish that it earns its R rating.
    Last edited by Kegboy; 10-27-2012 at 09:05 PM.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Magic Mike

And no, I didn't watch the entire thing. I was on the computer and my wife rented it. You do get to see Olivia Mund's boobs in it, so that was nice, and it was at the beginning of the movie. She is so hot. hahaha Other than that, the parts I saw weren't that interesting.

Started to watch Horrible Bosses, but haven't finished just yet. Didn't think I was gonna like it, but it was pretty good from what I saw.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

nvm

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Seed of Chucky

I like cheesy horror films as much as the next guy, but this movie was waaaaay over the top, non-sensical, and just plain stupid.

F

I also saw Cloud Atlas. There is a lot of good and a lot of bad in this movie. There was a point about an hour and 15 minutes in when I had almost given up on the movie, it was getting tiresome and annoying. Then all of a sudden it picks up speed and draws you in, but I feel you have to wade through a lot of the movie to start to enjoy it. I know if I had watched this at home on Blu-Ray, I never would have finished it unless I was forced too.

The biggest problem was 6 separate and disconnected storylines that for about 2 hours don't seem to be leading anywhere. In many ways it was a jumbled mess. If you are someone who needs to know what is going on at every moment, if you need to know who is who and if you need to feel like the movie is moving towards something - then this movie will drive you crazy. But if you are able to just enjoy the movie as it goes along, because even for the first 2 hours each plotline is interesting, and if you can just sort of let the movie wash over you - you might love this movie.

Overall for me it was a mixed bag, there were times when I was sitting there that I wished it would just end, but I must admit that the last 45 minutes or so are excellent - it turns into an emotional story to a degree that is worth seeing.

I do give the movie makers a ton of credit as it feels completely original (even though it is based upon on a book) , the acting is good, the look of the film is amazing. And I think you will enjoy it if you are patient as you are watching.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I also saw Cloud Atlas. There is a lot of good and a lot of bad in this movie. There was a point about an hour and 15 minutes in when I had almost given up on the movie, it was getting tiresome and annoying. Then all of a sudden it picks up speed and draws you in, but I feel you have to wade through a lot of the movie to start to enjoy it. I know if I had watched this at home on Blu-Ray, I never would have finished it unless I was forced too.

The biggest problem was 6 separate and disconnected storylines that for about 2 hours don't seem to be leading anywhere. In many ways it was a jumbled mess. If you are someone who needs to know what is going on at every moment, if you need to know who is who and if you need to feel like the movie is moving towards something - then this movie will drive you crazy. But if you are able to just enjoy the movie as it goes along, because even for the first 2 hours each plotline is interesting, and if you can just sort of let the movie wash over you - you might love this movie.

Overall for me it was a mixed bag, there were times when I was sitting there that I wished it would just end, but I must admit that the last 45 minutes or so are excellent - it turns into an emotional story to a degree that is worth seeing.

I do give the movie makers a ton of credit as it feels completely original (even though it is based upon on a book) , the acting is good, the look of the film is amazing. And I think you will enjoy it if you are patient as you are watching.
    Seeing it this weekend.

That's my Boy

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

anyone seen Skyfall or Taken 2 yet?

Just kind of a heads up for those who like to purchase blu-rays.... Best Buy has some decent deals at $5 bucks for 'Silence of the Lambs, Jeepers Creepers, Return of the Living Dead, Child's Play, and other Horror flicks right now. Shoot at those prices you're close to a rental.

Sorry for the intrusion.... back to the reviews,
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I don't know if I've gone soft or what, but I'm a 28 year old single man with no offspring and I legitimately liked We Bought A Zoo. Sucker for animals I guess. And Scarlett Johannsen.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't know if I've gone soft or what, but I'm a 28 year old single man with no offspring and I legitimately liked We Bought A Zoo. Sucker for animals I guess. And Scarlett Johannsen.
    going soft and Scarlett Johannsen in the same post?

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I'm intending to watch it expecting to be pretty dissatisfied with wanting to see a coherent film but being impressed by the general scope. Internet folks seem to be of the opinion that it's an impossible book to adapt, but I'll probably approach it the same way I did with The Fountain. Meaning I won't know what I just watched, but it was gorgeous.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't know if I've gone soft or what, but I'm a 28 year old single man with no offspring and I legitimately liked We Bought A Zoo.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Magic Mike.
    Fantastic movie.
    Don't ask me about the plot though.

Going to see Skyfall tonight. So, so excited.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Wreck it Ralph was surprisingly a very good film.

Very entertaining & it's one of those films that while made for kids it has tons of old school ref. in that adults can enjoy more than they can.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Skyfall was excellent, everything I was hoping for. Bardem and Craig were both terrific.

I also really liked Skyfall.

Team America.

"America, ***** yeah!" The sex scene always makes me laugh so hard.