Page 294 of 346 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344 ... LastLast
Results 7,326 to 7,350 of 8647

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #7326
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,641

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heath Ledger WAS the Joker.... He owned the role. Or the role owned him.
    Jack Nicholson was Jack Nicholson in clown makeup.
    Matter of opinion. It's a very popular opinion mind you but an opinion nonetheless.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  2. #7327
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe you're confused as to what depth of the film means. I'm a Bat forecaster and trust me.Tdkr wins.

    I love the joker. But he doesn't have much depth.
    No, I am not confused by what depth means. I am glad you are a "Bat forecaster" but on a message board my opinion means as much as yours so I'd appreciate it if you didn't infer that I just don't understand.

    And if you say the Joker doesn't have much depth then on how God's green earth do any of Rises villains have great depth?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  4. #7328
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,110

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    would it not have been possible to have a separate TDKR thread? Its like going through mine field in this place as the movie is just coming out this weekend here in Hungary

  5. #7329
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Spoiler Spoiler:
    There's virtually no chance there were test screenings for this movie. Nolan is very secretive/protective towards his plotsm(which could easily leak from test screening), and at this point he must have near or complete autonomy from Warner Brothers to do what he wanted.

  6. #7330
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 07-26-2012 at 09:32 AM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. #7331
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Matter of opinion. It's a very popular opinion mind you but an opinion nonetheless.
    Well... what's the counter argument, then? While somewhat of an exaggeration, I think it's almost the truth.

    And for that matter, I don't even really see it as a bad thing. That was a cool Joker.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  9. #7332
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe you're confused as to what depth of the film means. I'm a Bat forecaster and trust me.Tdkr wins.

    I love the joker. But he doesn't have much depth.
    Hold on a second. Did nobody else see this?

    What the **** is a "Bat forecaster?"

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  11. #7333
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hold on a second. Did nobody else see this?

    What the **** is a "Bat forecaster?"
    No, I saw it too, I don't know what it is, but apparently it means he know more about Batman than the rest of us.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. #7334

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heath Ledger WAS the Joker.... He owned the role. Or the role owned him.
    Jack Nicholson was Jack Nicholson in clown makeup.
    Wrong. Mark Hamill WAS the Joker.

    Muwahaha.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  14. #7335
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,641

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well... what's the counter argument, then? While somewhat of an exaggeration, I think it's almost the truth.

    And for that matter, I don't even really see it as a bad thing. That was a cool Joker.
    I just didn't care for his Joker to the extent that some of you did. I thought it was ok but then again I don't think of the Dark Knight as a religious experiance the way some of you do either.

    It's a movie, nothing more. You may like his take on the Joker I actually prefer Nicholsons take on the Joker.

    Yes it's more comic bookish but I don't find that as a fault, I thought it fit the movie perfectly.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  15. #7336
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,781

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just didn't care for his Joker to the extent that some of you did. I thought it was ok but then again I don't think of the Dark Knight as a religious experiance the way some of you do either.

    It's a movie, nothing more. You may like his take on the Joker I actually prefer Nicholsons take on the Joker.

    Yes it's more comic bookish but I don't find that as a fault, I thought it fit the movie perfectly.

    I thought the Joker in the Dark Knight was one of the best villians ever. In fact I cannot name a better one. Dark Knight overall wasn't a reigious experience, but it was one of the very few movies I've ever seen where right when it was over I turned to the person next to me and said wow that was a great movie. In fact my immediate reaction right after the movie was that I thought it was the best movie I had ever seen. After a day or two to let it sink in I still loved it, but I don't consider in my top 5 or so. It was thrilling though

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  17. #7337
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just didn't care for his Joker to the extent that some of you did. I thought it was ok but then again I don't think of the Dark Knight as a religious experiance the way some of you do either.

    It's a movie, nothing more. You may like his take on the Joker I actually prefer Nicholsons take on the Joker.

    Yes it's more comic bookish but I don't find that as a fault, I thought it fit the movie perfectly.
    I never used to have a problem with Nicholsons Joker and in fact used to love it as a kid, but my god, hes another Cesar Romero nowaday! The aging on his Joker just didn't go well at all, and I LOVE Tim Burton's take on Batman.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  18. #7338
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hold on a second. Did nobody else see this?

    What the **** is a "Bat forecaster?"
    Auto-Correct strikes again?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  19. #7339
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I saw it too, I don't know what it is, but apparently it means he know more about Batman than the rest of us.
    That was actually supposed to say loremaster but you can't take it as the way you want you jerk. I was more less just saying I know more than average batman fan, Who have simply gotten into the series do to christopher nolan's versions.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  20. #7340
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Heath Ledger performance really elevated TDK. Hard to say it wasn't better than TDKR, even though I felt TDKR was really better in every other way.

    I'm a super-lefty and the Occupy stuff didn't bother me at all. I don't think any of that was really intentional.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:


  22. #7341
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,641

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was actually supposed to say loremaster but you can't take it as the way you want you jerk. I was more less just saying I know more than average batman fan, Who have simply gotten into the series do to christopher nolan's versions.
    Um, was this a friendly rib? I don't know if you and Joe are friends or not. If so, ha ha. If not, not cool zues not cool.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  24. #7342
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,147

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Let me rephrase...
    Heath Ledger became the Joker. You did not look at the screen and see Heath Ledger. It was a complicated portrayal and one that required some chops to give a character like that a realism and gravitas. It was a fine line for him to not just appear to be a clown. He pulled it off masterfully IMHO with both subtleties and broad strokes.

    OTOH, Nicholson's portrayal was just a comfortable comic book take on the role. It wasn't anything that was a stretch for Nicholson or the character. There was nothing subtle about the role and maybe thereI never once looked at the screen and didn't know Jack was the Joker. He didn't IMHO 'become' the Joker. Not that there's anything wrong with that because Ledger's Joker wouldn't have been right for that movie anymore than Nicholoson's would've been right for TDK.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  26. #7343
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,641

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Hey guys I've started a new Batman thread so we can let this go back to being about other movies and stuff.

    Thanks


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  28. #7344

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    There are movies other than Batman?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  30. #7345
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,222

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are movies other than Batman?

    Thank God!

  31. #7346
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,445

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank God!
    Yeah dude, you weren't the only one that loved Ice Age 4!!!!

  32. #7347
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,222

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah dude, you weren't the only one that loved Ice Age 4!!!!

    I don't do the Ice Age movies. Don't mean to hate on Batman I just find it to be a little over-hyped and over-rated. Heck......I own The Dark Knight on blu-ray.

  33. #7348
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,339

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Grey.

    Did not see that ending happening. Just a brutal movie. It was awesome!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  34. #7349
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was actually supposed to say loremaster but you can't take it as the way you want you jerk. I was more less just saying I know more than average batman fan, Who have simply gotten into the series do to christopher nolan's versions.
    Yes, but what we are discussing is Nolan's versions so the rest is fairly irrelevant. Also, I'm the jerk? You're the one who basically told me I didn't understand the meaning of depth.

    EDIT: Didn't see that this was getting redirected back to other movies, my bad.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  35. #7350
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,781

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Grey.

    Did not see that ending happening. Just a brutal movie. It was awesome!
    Very under-appreciated movie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •