Page 286 of 346 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,150 of 8637

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

It struck me as episode 1 to Alien's episode 4.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Prometheus: I felt like I'd watched the first third of a movie, with it abruptly ending. I didn't enjoy it, entertainment-wise, but I found it a pretty fascinating intellectual exercise, trying to extrapolate so may aspects of the movie. I saw it yesterday and I STILL keep thinking about it. There's some really fascinating discussions here.
    Here's another commentary on the movie. It's a pretty good write-up.

http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html#cutid1

The thought is that there is a lot of symbolism in the movie that requires a lot of "connecting the dots" in order to see what Ridley Scott was trying to do. If anything, it can be viewed as a real "Sci-Fi" movie....without any real "over the top" action and horror....but more of a "Thinking Man's" Sci-Fi movie. That may explain why many action oriented Sci-Fi fans didn't like it as much.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

My general opinion of Prometheus is that it's the core of an A+ movie, only the issues it has (pacing issues, some plot confusions, not much payoff, some weak characters, bad old man makeup instead of using a real old man) drag it down to about a B/B+. A supermodel with some warts.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    My general opinion of Prometheus is that it's the core of an A+ movie, only the issues it has (pacing issues, some plot confusions, not much payoff, some weak characters, bad old man makeup instead of using a real old man) drag it down to about a B/B+. A supermodel with some warts.
    When I first saw Weyland.....I thought to myself....if there was a live-action version of the Simpsons.....that is what Mr. Burns would look like in real life.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They probably cut some young man Weyland, why else would they cast Guy Pearce?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You see young man Weyland in some of the viral advertising for the film

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ridley normally has a director's cut that makes the movie better, so maybe that ending with Weyland won't feel so out of nowhere because he's sprinkled through more of the movie.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

21 Jump Street - loved it
    The Beaver - was expecting a bit more happier tone than what I faced with...good movie but didn't go into the movie with the right mindset so it put me off a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    21 Jump Street - loved it
    The Beaver - was expecting a bit more happier tone than what I faced with...good movie but didn't go into the movie with the right mindset so it put me off a bit...
    I have both of those and can't wait to check them out. I'm looking forward to the Beaver more, just cause it's deeper in content.

Just watched Timecrimes on Netflix last night. I have a real hate love relationship with time loop movies. (Whcih action came first?) I enjoy them, but then they make my head hurt. It's a faint bit like Prometheus for me: Intellectually stimulating, but not overly entertaining.

(Now if I could just get Prometheus out of my head. I've thought about it every day since I saw it. I can't decide if Ridley Scott was some kind of genius, or full of crap and he just throw a bunch of stuff on the screen and pretended he was doing something of import.)
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Underworld: Awakenings

Eh, didn't really care for this too much. Not sure why Beckinsale came back for this one. So many issues with this movie. The action sequences were pretty good though.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Saw Prometheus. It wasn't good. The intellectual discussion seems forced. Moon and Sunshine are much better modern attempts at sci-fi intellectualism.

Brave

Meh, I was dissapointed to be honest with you. It started out good but then took a turn that was totally (at least for me anyway) unexpected. Also for the first time ever I thought the Pixar short that they showed in front of the movie sucked.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

John Carter

Not exactly what I was expecting. Wish I could fall in love and get married over the course of what couldn't be more than a week (yet years passed on Earth). Wasn't bad, but wasn't really good either. A movie that you see once and be satisfied, yet not left wanting to see it again.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Brave

Meh, I was dissapointed to be honest with you. It started out good but then took a turn that was totally (at least for me anyway) unexpected. Also for the first time ever I thought the Pixar short that they showed in front of the movie sucked.
    I had a bad feeling about this one. Seemed a bit formulaic for Pixar's style. Still, I will probably go and see this with the wife.

Now really free Lance!

It's difficult for Pixar because they've set such high expectations for us as almost all of their movies that don't begin with "Cars" are incredibly well done. Anything lower than that bar and you wonder what happened. They went a little formulaic here but I still think enjoyable.

I think their upcoming movies the next few years are going to be really interesting.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Battle Royal.

It's available to stream on Netflix now. Pretty badass movie.

Now really free Lance!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Battle Royal.

It's available to stream on Netflix now. Pretty badass movie.
    I just noticed and watched it on Netflix yesterday. Decent movie, though it didn't help that for 80% of my viewing time (when I watched on Apple TV instead of on my PC), the subtitles were out of sync by more than a few seconds, which made it difficult.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Moneyball. I liked it. However, knowing the true story beforehand ruined it to an extent- not all parties were accurately represented. Without knowing the backstory, its a great movie. I would recommend it.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Men in Black III

Hilarious and entertaining. Some storylines were presented and not fully addressed, but still a great movie and a must-see.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

Mood

Watching Rambo 4 right now. Wife is asleep so it is ok. She doesn't like for me to watch stuff like this because of my combat experiences and all of that junk.

Well, i watched 21 Jump Street finally. Entertaining for what it is. It's the first time I actually liked Channing Tatum. I followed that up with The Descendants. Wow. A great, at times, brilliant, understated movie. Alexander Payne has such a fine, knowing touch with his movies.I didn't realize I was a fan of his till I looked him up and saw he did Sideways, About Schmidt and Election. I highly recommend this as a smart movie for grown-ups.I love watching George Clooney the actor. People are so busy lauding him as a good looking movie star, I think they sometimes overlook the growth he's shown as an actor. I was totally impressed at the realistic dialogue and lack of melodrama. IMpressive movie.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    Well, i watched 21 Jump Street finally. Entertaining for what it is. It's the first time I actually liked Channing Tatum. I followed that up with The Descendants. Wow. A great, at times, brilliant, understated movie. Alexander Payne has such a fine, knowing touch with his movies.I didn't realize I was a fan of his till I looked him up and saw he did Sideways, About Schmidt and Election. I highly recommend this as a smart movie for grown-ups.I love watching George Clooney the actor. People are so busy lauding him as a good looking movie star, I think they sometimes overlook the growth he's shown as an actor. I was totally impressed at the realistic dialogue and lack of melodrama. IMpressive movie.
    I really liked both of those movies and posted about each in this thread.

Of those movies nominated I would have voted for the Descendants as best picture. (here is what I posted back on November 25th, The Descendants - with George Clooney, written and directed by the guy who did Sideways several years ago. I loved this movie, real humor, real emotion, real characters. One of the best movies this year.

And I thought 21 Jump Street was just really really funny. And here is what I posted back in march about 21 Jump Street. 21 Jump Street was really, really good. Highly entertaining from start to finish and a few scenes that were extremely funny. I highly recommend as well. Sure a few jokes fell flat especially towards the end, but for this type of movie, I don't think I could have liked it anymore than I did
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 06-25-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Random tangent, haven't seen Brave yet, but I haven't exactly been overwhelmed by the trailers, maybe Pixar needs a bit of a kick in the pants, take a crack at an adult animated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Saw Prometheus. It wasn't good. The intellectual discussion seems forced. Moon and Sunshine are much better modern attempts at sci-fi intellectualism.
    I do not like Sunshine at all, but maybe that's because of the way it handles the sun using up it's fuel. I just can't get past choosing to have the sun get colder instead of hotter. Yes, I'm weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Random tangent, haven't seen Brave yet, but I haven't exactly been overwhelmed by the trailers, maybe Pixar needs a bit of a kick in the pants, take a crack at an adult animated movie.
    No! We will not let Pixar succumb to adult movies and lose their charm.

I think their next movies are going to be good. Monsters U, The Good Dinosaur, the movie that happens in the mind, and the day of the dead movie look to be up Pixar's alley.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.