Page 280 of 346 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,000 of 8635

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

I suppose I should contribute...

Lost in Translation- I don't know why I like this movie so much, I usually don't like movies like this, but I really do like everything about it. *shrug*

3:10 to Yuma- enjoyable

Captain America- loved it. I thought it was a very well done movie.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose I should contribute...

Lost in Translation- I don't know why I like this movie so much, I usually don't like movies like this, but I really do like everything about it. *shrug*

3:10 to Yuma- enjoyable

Captain America- loved it. I thought it was a very well done movie.
    Lost in Translation is not for everyone. I didn't really care for the first time I watched it, but after the second time I really enjoyed the movie.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Lost in Translation is not for everyone. I didn't really care for the first time I watched it, but after the second time I really enjoyed the movie.
    It's too bad that everyone can't appreciate this movie. I loved it so much I had to buy the DVD. Then got the script There's not a lot of stuff I'll re-watch more than twice, but there's something so wistful about this movie, it just really gets to me. There's such a deliberate, slow (but not too much so) tone that just draws me in.

I guess Bill Murray is the tie-in, but I tend to watch this as a double bill with Broken Flowers, which I tink has the same tone, if not more overtly funny style.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    It's too bad that everyone can't appreciate this movie. I loved it so much I had to buy the DVD. Then got the script There's not a lot of stuff I'll re-watch more than twice, but there's something so wistful about this movie, it just really gets to me. There's such a deliberate, slow (but not too much so) tone that just draws me in.

I guess Bill Murray is the tie-in, but I tend to watch this as a double bill with Broken Flowers, which I tink has the same tone, if not more overtly funny style.
    Does anyone know what Bill whispers to Scarlett at the end? Or is it supposed to be a mystery?

Now really free Lance!

Somewhat related...

But I hope they make Ghostbusters 3. However, they should only make it if Bill is in it.

Now really free Lance!

Also related.

Saw the trailer for Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. So watching that.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Independance Day It was the movie my wife and I saw on our first date. I picked up pasta and we watched it in Valentine's Day. Still a fun movie.

Mood

Just finished watching The Outsiders.

Drive. Gorey, but very well done. The smart movie goer will enjoy it. If you're looking for fast and the furious type flick - you may be disappointed.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Book of Eli- in part because it is good and in part because I am using it for research of a book I am going to start writing when I get out of grad school

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Hugo - Maybe the only movie this year I'd be comfortable with as 'Best Picture.' A great-looking throwback to old school cinema with surprising deep child characters with the cliches kept mostly in check. Really wish Scorsese hadn't won for The Depahted so that he would be a shoo in for this award. Much more a movie for cinephiles, especially towards the second half, than for children; probably why it did so poorly at the box office. Surprisingly highly recommended.

Ghost Rider: Whatever
    - Though it might be hilariously bad. It was just plain ******. Even if Nevaldine/Taylor had a ton of studio interference, this is unacceptable.

I also saw Hugo. Extremely well done movie, but it isn't a movie for kids under maybe 12 or so. Not because it has objectionable material, but just because they would be bored. In fact I saw a few families leave the theater about halfway through and I suspect the kids were bored.

Overall I didn't love the movie, I can appreciate that is was well made but it didn't completely work for me. Individual scenes were great, but to me as a whole it left me wanting something different. Great acting by the kid actor though

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Drive

What can I say. Not what I expected at all. It went from long slow spots to ultra violence back to slow.

Thought there would be more car chases, and there were just 2. None of them were even memorable.

Good movie to rent and watch once, but I doubt I ever want to see it again.

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Moneyball

Enjoyable movie. I love the game of baseball, and even though I'm not a stat geek, I definitely see the value in stats. Same for basketball. It's not the end all, but it's certainly a useful tool.

Pretty amazing how 1 trip changed Billy Beane's fate as well as Peter Brand (played by Jonah Hill).
    Baseball is far more stats driven IMO than basketball. In baseball stats transfer and the advanced stats can basically tell you how good a player can be and in most instances stats can be the end all be all at high levels obviously not when scouting HS and other talent though. While in basketball is like a puzzle you have to find 10 players who fit together and play together as 1. In baseball you just need the best players regardless of play style there are a lot more factors to finding and drafting a good basketball team than a good baseball team imo. JMO

About the movie I just couldn't get into all the dramatization like flying to Cleveland to make a trade I doubt in all the years of baseball a trade has ever been done like that outside of the winter meetings.

And is Billy Beane off his rocker?? He just signed yoenis cespedes to a 4yr 36m contract and the guy has never played in a good league of baseball the Cuban league is equal to high A ball and Beane just made him the highest paid player on the As pretty comical if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Baseball is far more stats driven IMO than basketball. In baseball stats transfer and the advanced stats can basically tell you how good a player can be and in most instances stats can be the end all be all at high levels obviously not when scouting HS and other talent though. While in basketball is like a puzzle you have to find 10 players who fit together and play together as 1. In baseball you just need the best players regardless of play style there are a lot more factors to finding and drafting a good basketball team than a good baseball team imo. JMO

About the movie I just couldn't get into all the dramatization like flying to Cleveland to make a trade I doubt in all the years of baseball a trade has ever been done like that outside of the winter meetings.

And is Billy Beane off his rocker?? He just signed yoenis cespedes to a 4yr 36m contract and the guy has never played in a good league of baseball the Cuban league is equal to high A ball and Beane just made him the highest paid player on the As pretty comical if you ask me.
    Not to mention he just signed Manny Ramirez. heh

Now really free Lance!

I saw Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, the Sweedish version.

Good movie, but...twisted and graphic.

Drive

What can I say. Not what I expected at all. It went from long slow spots to ultra violence back to slow.

Thought there would be more car chases, and there were just 2. None of them were even memorable.

Good movie to rent and watch once, but I doubt I ever want to see it again.
    Yeah, this was kind of my reaction to it too. I respect that it was extremely well put together and loved the music in the movie, but it's not something I'm dying to see again.

Mood

Just watched E.T. with my girls yesterday. Needless to say that both of them looked at me funny and said it sucked basically and called me old. This new generation of kids and their need for instant gratification.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    Just watched E.T. with my girls yesterday. Needless to say that both of them looked at me funny and said it sucked basically and called me old. This new generation of kids and their need for instant gratification.
    Seriously? God, that's depressing to hear.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Why is it depressing? I like E.T., but certainly don't think it's a movie that absolutely everyone has to like. I certainly won't be depressed if people don't like movies I don't like.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I dont care for ET really.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

IP Man

Wow, what a fantastic movie. The fight sequences were amazing!

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Why is it depressing? I like E.T., but certainly don't think it's a movie that absolutely everyone has to like. I certainly won't be depressed if people don't like movies I don't like.
    I never said 'absolutely everyone has to like' it. I just happen to have a high opinion of the movie now, as I also did when I was a young child, and I personally find it sad that there are kids who find it boring. It's just my opinion.

ET compared to the movies today is very slow moving, so for kids it probably does seem boring.

It is amazing to me to watch your typical everyday sort of movie that is made today and compare it to the typical every day type of movie made 15, 20, 25 years ago movies today are so filled with stuff happening every second - years ago it wasn't like that. Even action packed seemingly fast paced movies from 15 years ago seem slow moving as compared to today

I generally do not think it is a good trend.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

It's the ADD Era. Kids in particular, but young adults as well.

Not that I'm against all super-paced media or ones supersaturated with content, but I also love films that take their time to breathe, slow burn moments.