Page 278 of 346 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328 ... LastLast
Results 6,926 to 6,950 of 8635

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by cramerica View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw "Warrior" and I'm not a MMA/UFC fan at all but this movie was amazing. Very well done by everybody, including Nick Nolte as the dad. If you haven't seen this movie, watch it. You will not be disappointed.
    Agreed. I just finished watching it a minute ago.

The Muppets

It was fine, but not quite as good as I was expecting. As my sister-in-law said, it would have been better if it were more of the show itself.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The Descendants - There's so much that's good about the movie especially the acting to love about it, but I didn't enjoy it. The main problem is that I didn't expect it to be Terms of Endearment (in Hawaii). That edge that Payne exhibits so wonderfully in Citizen Ruth and Election (perhaps the most underrated movie of the 1990's) just doesn't exist here. The movie is a very well executed sap story with four endings (not like Clue, but like Lord of the Rings). Some good family dynamics but too much overall that felt awkward, out of place, and out of Payne's wheelhouse. The dumbass whoa kid who goes from the cheap comic relief to the magical negro at the switch of a light seems like something Edward Zwick would do. As someone from Hawaii, I felt cheated by the way they took a thematically plentiful issue like native land rights and had it take a backseat to a mostly unoriginal story. It was trying to be the most authentically told story about Hawaii from Hollywood and it failed. (Seriously? There's a terrible voiceover for the first ten minutes explaining how life in Hawaii is just like everywhere else with homeless people and traffic, and they spend the entire ****ing movie on vacation going through tour guide scenery stock photos? **** me.) For me, it's a disappointment from a director who deals so well with imperfect characters and moral ambiguities. That said, I do recommend it as most of the people in the theater enjoyed it greatly.
    Last edited by AesopRockOn; 01-03-2012 at 04:10 AM.

The Artist - the movie without any dialogue. It was unique, effective and very well done. The characters and story grabs you within the first 15 minutes or so, I really enjoyed it. I didn't love it though. This is probably the front runner for Oscar best pictiure award.

Just hasn't been a good year for movies this year.

When I think back over the past two years, Slumdog Millionaire, Social Network and The Kings Speech IMO are much better than any movies this year.

Maybe the best award type movie i've seen this year is Win/Win
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-03-2012 at 10:58 AM.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Cowboys and Aliens - such a boring movie which seemed to experience a bit of an identity crisis...all that "star" power and such a lackluster script - wished they would all die and be done with it...

Change Up - not a new concept at all but still had some alright moments - ok to watch if you're feeling like watching a light movie.

Rio 3D - Just bought a new 3DTV and it looked amazing - fun movie

Conan 2011 - These movies never reach the potential that they could reach - another wasted chance at something epic.

Mood

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Having seen the Swedish movie along with this, it's obvious that the main issue with this franchise is that other than the character of Salander, it's just not very good. (Each multiple ending feels increasingly tacked on.) Fincher is a masterful craftsman and he seems to do all he can with this source material; the movie looks great and has a nice slow-burn pacing. But other than the main female character played fantastically by Mara, it's just kind of boringly well executed. Mildly recommended.

Young Adult - It's not as good as Up in the Air but it's much better than Juno. People seem to be missing the point of this movie, like you're supposed to sympathize with all main characters and that everyone has to learn something by the end of movies. Great acting from Charlize while Patton kills it as well. Such an interesting take on a high school movie; I'm not sure there's been a movie about depression like this before. Reitman continues to interestingly study subcultures and ambivalent narcissists. One of the more underappreciated movies this year, with reason.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Fly

Jeff Goldblum baby!

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Having seen the Swedish movie along with this, it's obvious that the main issue with this franchise is that other than the character of Salander, it's just not very good. (Each multiple ending feels increasingly tacked on.) Fincher is a masterful craftsman and he seems to do all he can with this source material; the movie looks great and has a nice slow-burn pacing. But other than the main female character played fantastically by Mara, it's just kind of boringly well executed. Mildly recommended.
    I haven't seen Fincher's version, but this exactly how I felt about both the novel and the Swedish adaptation.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JB24 For This Useful Post:

Benjamin Button

Man, that movie was a bit slow throughout, but overall pretty good. That ending was so profoundly sad and stuck with me the rest of the day.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Brotherhood - really short movie (75 mins) but always on the go - really liked it.

Colombiana - Nothing original - not boring - worth a watch if you have some time to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    The Fly
    Jeff Goldblum baby!
    The original 1950's version was creepy too, but this was one of the first modern horror remakes that stands up well or beats the original version.

Crazy, Stupid Love - it was a lot better than anticipated - had some alright moments for a movie in its genre.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

War horse

Best movie I have ever seen. Just a masterpiece Spielberg did an excellent job great story and the ending was really well done.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 01-11-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    War house

Best movie I have ever seen. Just a masterpiece Spielberg did an excellent job great story and the ending was really well done.
    War House or War Horse?

If it's War Horse, I'll pass.

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    War House or War Horse?

If it's War Horse, I'll pass.
    I think this joke was done in Armageddon.

Moneyball

Enjoyable movie. I love the game of baseball, and even though I'm not a stat geek, I definitely see the value in stats. Same for basketball. It's not the end all, but it's certainly a useful tool.

Pretty amazing how 1 trip changed Billy Beane's fate as well as Peter Brand (played by Jonah Hill).

Now really free Lance!

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Movie just didn't work for me. I can appreciate the acting, and I love a slow burn as much as anyone and I rarely say this, but this movie was just boring. I didn't care anything about the movie as I was watching it.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Good movie. Stupid humans.

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Rewatched Attack The Block again. Definitely my favorite movie of last year. Allow it.

Red Tails. Ok, where is the real movie because the thing I saw seemd more like an after school special with some pretty good action scenes. They never dealt with any of the actual issues in the movie, time and again important issues would come up and within seconds it was resolved and then we got to see an action sequence. To me the movie was pretty insulting.

As a lighthearted action movie it was decent, as anything more than that it was insulting.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Red Tails. Ok, where is the real movie because the thing I saw seemd more like an after school special with some pretty good action scenes. They never dealt with any of the actual issues in the movie, time and again important issues would come up and within seconds it was resolved and then we got to see an action sequence. To me the movie was pretty insulting.

As a lighthearted action movie it was decent, as anything more than that it was insulting.
    From what I've read, that seemed to be the movie in a nutshell. Think I'll pass on this movie.

I can't wait to see Chronicle next week! Who else is going to see this?

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Red Tails. Ok, where is the real movie[?]

27. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Mood

Me and You and Everyone We Know - It was a very quirky indie dramedy, but I enjoyed it. The actors sold the characters well, plus the script was not afraid to go there. And the poop thing was just amazing. Those two short scenes completely justify this movie's existence. Back and forth. Forever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest via Amazon Prime. Really liked it, watched all 3 movies in the series in the last week.

I love how certain consonants are juxtaposed in Swedish. Blomkvist - we don't have anything like that in English.

Mood

2012- I was surprised at how good it was. My 4 year old daughter did have to point out that When Woody Harrelson stood up after being knocked over by the blast that his butt crack was hanging out. Kids see the darnest things when watching television.