Page 274 of 348 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,850 of 8699

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #6826
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Paranormal Activity 3 - got "dragged" by a girlfriend...it was 83 minutes of emptiness...

  2. #6827
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,876

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paranormal Activity 3 - got "dragged" by a girlfriend...it was 83 minutes of emptiness...
    But i thought the ending was supposed to mess you up for life?

  3. #6828
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,069
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paranormal Activity 3 - got "dragged" by a girlfriend...it was 83 minutes of emptiness...
    Did you enjoy the first two?

  4. #6829
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But i thought the ending was supposed to mess you up for life?
    I didn't stay after the credits so I dunno if there was something there that could mess me up for life...but as for what was the regular ending of the movie - there was really nothing scary or anything interesting at all about it. Kept waiting for some sort of a build up but nothing really happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you enjoy the first two?
    I only watched the first one - and skipped out on the second one. The first one was tolerable for me cause with that one they atleast had a bit more going on and was interesting to see how it developed...the ending of that one left a lot to be desired though...thats how I recall...but at least it had some sort of a "thrill" I think. This one was relatively empty for me.

  5. #6830
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,669

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Captain America: The First Avenger

    Glad I waited for this to hit DVD first. It was okay, but not worth plunking down $10+ to see in the theater. The ending felt rushed. Seemed like they were just throwing this flick out there to introduce Cap before the Avengers movie hits next year.

    X-Men: First Class, Thor, and Green Lantern were all better, so if you have to see a super hero flick this year, see those other ones first.

    7/10

    Next up: Transformers 3

  6. #6831
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,669

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon

    Much better than the last one, and my favorite of the three. At times felt like an actual Transformers film rather than the Bayformers, but still had some annoying flaws. Optimus' badassery kept things entertaining.

    7.5/10

  7. #6832
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,431

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Hanna.

    Certainly had it's moments. That little girl can freakin act! Too many lull moments for me to really enjoy this movie. Fight sequences were all pretty good. Loved that they didn't have any close shaky hand cam crap where you can't tell what's going on.

    Definitely worth a watch, but probably not a second time.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  8. #6833
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw it too, and I agree with everything in your post. Although maybe I only really liked it as opposed to your really, really loved it.

    I don't follow baseball, so I am curious to get more information about what happended to Billy Beane and his theory on building a baseball team.
    He owns part of the As and will never win a title until he goes else where. Which he likely wont due because he has partial ownership. The As will likely move in the next few years more people go to Pacer games than As games. His theory is pretty good build a good cheap pitching staff and get hitters with a high OBP and who were cheap but you also have to be able to spend in FA to have a shot a a world series which he has never been able to do. The As traded all there pitching away back in the day because they didn't want to pay them. He will have no shot to win a WS until he goes to a big market or he can spend at least 70m a year with the As (that will never happen) he should of left for Boston back in the day he would have a few WS by now if he did.

  9. #6834
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,069
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He owns part of the As and will never win a title until he goes else where. Which he likely wont due because he has partial ownership. The As will likely move in the next few years more people go to Pacer games than As games. His theory is pretty good build a good cheap pitching staff and get hitters with a high OBP and who were cheap but you also have to be able to spend in FA to have a shot a a world series which he has never been able to do. The As traded all there pitching away back in the day because they didn't want to pay them. He will have no shot to win a WS until he goes to a big market or he can spend at least 70m a year with the As (that will never happen) he should of left for Boston back in the day he would have a few WS by now if he did.
    So basically the theory falls apart in the end?

  10. #6835
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,069
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Captain America: The First Avenger

    Glad I waited for this to hit DVD first. It was okay, but not worth plunking down $10+ to see in the theater. The ending felt rushed. Seemed like they were just throwing this flick out there to introduce Cap before the Avengers movie hits next year.

    X-Men: First Class, Thor, and Green Lantern were all better, so if you have to see a super hero flick this year, see those other ones first.

    7/10

    Next up: Transformers 3
    You liked Green Lantern?

  11. #6836

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paranormal Activity 3 - got "dragged" by a girlfriend...it was 83 minutes of emptiness...
    In contrast, I thought it was as good as the first one, which I enjoyed immensely watching by myself one night.

    And the guy sitting in front of me was pretty messed up. He was practically on his girlfriends lap (in an embarrassing way---he got scared and jumped several times). The crowd itself let out several gasps; not all of the thrills were cheap. And I loved the timing and the buildup that made the first movie great. Amazing how absolutely nothing can go on for several minutes, yet you have this buildup of tension/apprehension.

  12. #6837
    #SeePGFly KingGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    23
    Posts
    911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Lookout - Very good movie

  13. #6838
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,853
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Drive

    Albert Brooks does some nice work in this movie. He is not the movie's focus, however. Ryan Gosling is.

    Ryan Gosling portrays no emotion throughout the entire film.
    Spoiler Spoiler:


    The point of the movie may have been that there's no point to this movie...or life...or that your good intentions won't amount to anything...or something.

    Too hip for me.

    ....and the synth-pop soundtrack! I was listening to the lyrics trying to get clues as to what we were supposed to be thinking Gosling's state of mind was. Were there supposed to be clues in it? I felt like I had to listen closely, so as to try to understand what the director was attempting to portray, and yet, normally, I wouldn't give that music a minute's worth of listen.

    Phooey.
    Last edited by kester99; 10-24-2011 at 02:11 AM.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  14. #6839
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drive

    Albert Brooks does some nice work in this movie. He is not the movie's focus, however. Ryan Gosling is.

    Ryan Gosling portrays no emotion throughout the entire film.
    Spoiler Spoiler:


    The point of the movie may have been that there's no point to this movie...or life...or that your good intentions won't amount to anything...or something.

    Too hip for me.

    ....and the synth-pop soundtrack! I was listening to the lyrics trying to get clues as to what we were supposed to be thinking Gosling's state of mind was. Were there supposed to be clues in it? I felt like I had to listen closely, so as to try to understand what the director was attempting to portray, and yet, normally, I wouldn't give that music a minute's worth of listen.

    Phooey.
    I had to watch that movie just to see Ralph Lawler. Me o MY!

  15. #6840
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,397

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Lookout - Very good movie
    Really good movie. I'll watch just about anything with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. If you get a chance, check out Brick.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:


  17. #6841
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Seconded on Brick, it may be my favorite movie of the Aughts.

  18. #6842
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I thought Brick was OK, but I loved The Lookout. JGL is always excellent though

  19. #6843
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Paranormal Activity 3.
    ---------------------------

    You're absolutely lying to everyone and yourself if you say this movie doesn't put some fear in you.

    I'm not a fan of this type of genre, but it wasn't that horrible of a movie. I think they stretched the story line a bit into the ridiculousness folder, but creepy none the less.

    Are there certain shots that appear in each movie that puts everyone in an uncomfortable position to watch (The night scenes of silence).

    There are certain scenes and images that stayed with me later that night, which is why I've came to the conclusion that it wasn't that bad. If it was, I wouldn't be typing this much into.

    Final: Worth the money watching, once.

    Rating
    3/5
    Last edited by Constellations; 10-24-2011 at 07:10 PM.

  20. #6844
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paranormal Activity 3.
    ---------------------------

    You're absolutely lying to everyone and yourself if you say this movie doesn't put some fear in you.

    I'm not a fan of this type of genre, but it wasn't that horrible of a movie. I think they stretched the story line a bit into the ridiculousness folder, but creepy none the less.

    Are there certain shots that appear in each movie that puts everyone in an uncomfortable position to watch (The night scenes of silence).

    There are certain scenes and images that stayed with me later that night, which is why I've came to the conclusion that it wasn't that bad. If it was, I wouldn't be typing this much into.

    Final: Worth the money watching, once.

    Rating
    3/5
    I can honestly say this movie did nothing to me. The first one was a bit creepy - I was expecting similar results but this one felt flat. Everything it was doing felt way too predictable...maybe I just didnt go into it with a "let me get creeped out" mentality...

  21. #6845
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can honestly say this movie did nothing to me. The first one was a bit creepy - I was expecting similar results but this one felt flat. Everything it was doing felt way too predictable...maybe I just didnt go into it with a "let me get creeped out" mentality...
    I find it hard for anybody not to have felt any sort of uncomfortable feeling in this movie. I live off of horror movies, so I know every predictable outcome, which this film was. But it still made me feel a little uncomfortable at times. The only part that legitimatley creeped me out, was when SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!!! the entity picked up the older sister by her hair. Other than that, the film was a swing and a miss.

  22. #6846

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can honestly say this movie did nothing to me. The first one was a bit creepy - I was expecting similar results but this one felt flat. Everything it was doing felt way too predictable...maybe I just didnt go into it with a "let me get creeped out" mentality...
    I didn't think the ending was predictable at all. Being a prequel, we knew the sisters survived, but in the previous two, we were led to believe that their house burned down. This ending was creepy to me, especially having seen The Last Exorcism. Now, a predictable ending to me would have made a seamless transition to the first two films. So in that respect, I do have a little empty feeling. In retrospect I'd agree with 3/5 stars, but creepy stars.

  23. #6847
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Crazy, Stupid, Love.

    I loved it.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  24. #6848
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,669

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You liked Green Lantern?
    It was okay. Entertaining and seemed to remain true to the subject matter.

    TBH, I don't see why people seem to dislike it so much.

  25. #6849
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,431

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was okay. Entertaining and seemed to remain true to the subject matter.

    TBH, I don't see why people seem to dislike it so much.
    I liked the origin story, but the main enemy was freaking retarded. A cloud? Really, how the hell does 1 guy turn into a cloud, it just didn't make sense.

    If I was a green lantern, I would have just made some large vacuums and sucked him it. It was lame and struck too close to the shitfest that was FF2.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  26. #6850
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    50/50 - Went in really wanting to like it, but it seems like they initially wanted to make a movie about what a twenty-something goes through during cancer. But after writing the first draft, they were totally insecure about the movie so they decided, instead of building any emotion for this character or showing some interesting family dynamics, they had Seth Rogen be Seth Rogen. Just like Knocked Up was a cliched, half-assed story about unmarried pregnancy with a loud ***hole making inappropriate comments the entire time until becoming an adult when it serves the plot, 50/50 is a cliched, half-assed story about cancer with a loud ***hole making inappropriate comments the entire time until becoming an adult when it serves the plot. A big step down from The Wackness. Most of the people I went with and most of the theater seemed to like it though.

    I disagree with you 100%. while I wouldn't say it was a great movie, I thought it was extremely effective and for the last 35 minutes or so it was very emotional for me to watch.

    I really liked the movie, it came together very effectively in the end and was to me surprisingly emotional.


    I also saw Margin Call. Kevin Spacey was great and there were several scenes that were just a kick to watch. The acting across the board was as good as you'll see all year. On the down side though the movie didn't seem like a movie in that it wasn't fully realized. It was more of a case study. The writing needed to be a little sharper, and the final act needed a little more punch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •