Page 269 of 346 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 8635

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

I want to see Super, but I just watched Paul. Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes - If this movie hadn't been built up so much for me, I probably would have enjoyed it. However, because of all of the positive reviews and the recommendations, I overanalyzed it and found it lacking. I can't believe I'm expecting more from a Planet of the Apes movie, but it should have been just about the apes, with a minimal amount of humans, and better detailing of how they actually rose instead of
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    I'm bummed out. It was funny watching Andy Serkis as a human act like an ape acting like a human.
    I loved it. It may be because the old POTA's were on t.v. so much when I was a kid that the fondness for the story was already set in. I didn't check out any reviews on it beforehand so I didn't have too many expectations going into it. I thought that they did an excellent job with this movie. I happened to watch the original on Netflix a few months ago after not seeing it for years. I can't believe how bad of an actor Charlton Heston is. It's still worth going back to watch before going to see the new one so you can recognize a few of the parallels that are there.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Limitless. I enjoyed it, wish I had some of those pills

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Pirates of the Carribean 4 - I don't know why I bother with this movie franchise, the previous 3 never caught my eye yet I still gave this one a go...I just don't really care for anyone of the characters in this franchise...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:

Just watched Hall Pass this past weekend. Wow what a funny movie. Surprisingly more raunchy than I expected. You'll love the golfing scenes. The ending leaves you wanting a bit more accountability from the 2 wives.

Also watched Something Borrowed typical chick flick, but full of characters who honestly deserve all the crap that happens to them. Even though it has somewhat of a happy ending, it really left me feeling pissed with the way it wrapped up. Its like she didn't learn a thing. Not surprised that John Krasinski and his character completely stole the movie from a humor stand point and saved this film. Even though he played a more minor role. The wrap up of his story line with his sudden confession was border line ridiculousness and just seemed thrown in at the end of the script and not thought out or hinted to at all in the previous scenes.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Also watched Something Borrowed typical chick flick, but full of characters who honestly deserve all the crap that happens to them. Even though it has somewhat of a happy ending, it really left me feeling pissed with the way it wrapped up. Its like she didn't learn a thing. Not surprised that John Krasinski and his character completely stole the movie from a humor stand point and saved this film. Even though he played a more minor role. The wrap up of his story line with his sudden confession was border line ridiculousness and just seemed thrown in at the end of the script and not thought out or hinted to at all in the previous scenes.

I also am sorry to say I watched this movie. I often expect movie chracters to be dumb, but this movie was beyond that. And yes John Krasinski did steal the movie. But everyone else in the movie was too stupid to live

Really surprised that John Krasinski has not had more leading roles in movies in recent years. He had that one romantic comedy with Many Moore and Robin Williams. Then that one independent film with Maya Rudolph "Away we Go". Strange for such an actor who obviously has big screen talent to go largely unnoticed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Another movie i am looking forward to watching but just won't shell the $5.99 to rent it on demand is "Cedar Rapids" with Ed Helms and John C Reilly. Looks like just one of those absurd comedies with a great cast doing their thing. only 89 minutes though, so I have hard time justifying the on demand price. I usually like my on demand moves to be over 90 minutes so I feel like our $6.00 was well spent. Might have to what until its on HBO, Cinemax, etc.... movie channels.

Another movie i am looking forward to watching but just won't shell the $5.99 to rent it on demand is "Cedar Rapids" with Ed Helms and John C Reilly. Looks like just one of those absurd comedies with a great cast doing their thing. only 89 minutes though, so I have hard time justifying the on demand price. I usually like my on demand moves to be over 90 minutes so I feel like our $6.00 was well spent. Might have to what until its on HBO, Cinemax, etc.... movie channels.
    I thinks that's available to stream on Netflix. If I get a chance to watch it over the next couple of days, I'll let you know how it is. It's not on Redbox?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I thinks that's available to stream on Netflix. If I get a chance to watch it over the next couple of days, I'll let you know how it is. It's not on Redbox?
    Well we never really bother with Red box because we pretty much have every premium movie channel for free. Haven't been to a red box in several years.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikD. View Post
    I loved it. It may be because the old POTA's were on t.v. so much when I was a kid that the fondness for the story was already set in. I didn't check out any reviews on it beforehand so I didn't have too many expectations going into it. I thought that they did an excellent job with this movie. I happened to watch the original on Netflix a few months ago after not seeing it for years. I can't believe how bad of an actor Charlton Heston is. It's still worth going back to watch before going to see the new one so you can recognize a few of the parallels that are there.
    What??????

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Se7en

One of my favorites. 6/5
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

13 Assassins - Kind of comparable to Kill Bill 1 in that it's a ton of hit or miss build-up and then an intricately planned and executed battle scene that reigns supreme. Seriously, if you have Netflix, at least just watch the last 45 minutes. It's pretty spectacular. Though missing the defending-the-village element of Seven Samurai, it still owes a lot to that film in terms of having great fighting while keeping the editing tight enough so that you can actually follow the battle. I'll probably check out more of Miike's work.

Ordered Super a while ago (my review from back in April). It should be arriving with X-Men: F. Classbender next month.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well we never really bother with Red box because we pretty much have every premium movie channel for free. Haven't been to a red box in several years.
    If you really want to see it I'd go to a redbox. It is only $1.

http://www.redbox.com/movies/cedar-rapids

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mortal Kombat & Mortal Kombat Annihilation
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

One thing I have never understood.

Why is Labor Day weekend so bad at the box office while Memorial Day weekend is so good. I realize they never open any blockbuster movies on Labor day weekend. But the studios would put their expected blockbuster movies on if they thought people were inclined to want to go to movies over Labor Day.

Anyone have any ideas?

You look at all the other holiday weekends and they are usually big. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Memorial Day, 4th of July, even some of the lesser holidays boost the weekends, like Valentines day, and a few others.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 09-02-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    One thing I have never understood.

Why is Labor Day weekend so bad at the box office while Memorial Day weekend is so good. I realize they never start any blockbuster movies on Labor day weekend. But the studios would put their expected blockbuster movies on if they thought people were inclined to want to go to movies.

Anyone have any ideas?

You look at all the other holiday weekend and they are usually big. Thanksgiving, Christmas, News years, Memorial Day, 4th of July, even some of the lesser holidays boost the weekends, like Valentines day, and a few others.
    I work on all those days.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Pir4tes - I had forgotten that I had watched this.

Insidious - The first half was pretty well done haunted house horror and the second half was silly 80s style creeper horror. I enjoyed it.

Attack the Block - Best movie of the year. (Disclaimer: haven't seen the new Harry Potter.) X-Men: First Class was poised to be my favorite film of this year, but AtB may surpass it with future viewings. It's just pitch ****ing perfect. An incredibly successful combination of The Goonies mixed with major elements from The Wire all wrapped up in a creatively executed alien invasion premise. As soon as it's available to purchase, I will do so. Haven't had my socks knocked off like that since District 9, bruv, believe it!

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - it was better than that disaster of a movie with MarkyMark a few decades ago but I felt a bit disappointed...most likely cause of the hype it had gotten. The ending just seemed a bit empty.

I did rent Super last weekend. Yet again a movie where a guy wants to be a superhero is done in ways I wouldn't do it if it were me, or at least what I still want to see someone else do. Once again they made him weird and comedic, and in this case he and his partner were surprisingly psychotic at times, and the whole thing just had a weird (not to mention unexpectedly graphically violent) vibe to it. Still, it didn't suck or anything, but I won't be going out of my way to see it again.

Red State I rented this week, and it was just so-so. I'd have to watch it again to get too specific into the likes/dislikes right now, but I recall feeling like the writing just wasn't that great at times. Particularly how the climax is resolved.

Mood

Gran Torino

Unknown

Eh, it was a movie.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Strangeland

Loved it.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Mood

Apollo 18

very poorly done. Apollo 13 you get to meet the charterers a little bit and grow to like them. In this movie it starts in space and you dont learn much about them I just though it was very poorly done and not very good.

I saw a really good movie over the weekend. Win Win http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/win_win_2011/

Not really a sports movie, more of a human drama. Very well written, type of movie I like when done well.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 09-06-2011 at 09:13 AM.