Page 268 of 344 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 8593

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have finally worked my way through all 7 of the Harry Potter movies and am looking forward to catching the last one on the big screen before it goes to DVD.

I have not read any of the previous posts about the movie for fear of reading potential spoilers, but I do have a question?

Is IMAX and 3-D really worth it for Deathly Hallows Part II?

I would hate to miss it in 3-D or on IMAX if people think it is worth seeing it in those formats.

Opinions?
    I didn't see it in either, but I would think the movie is too dark for 3D. The movie wasn't shot for either, so I would recommend saving your money and seeing it natural.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Resident Evil
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I didn't see it in either, but I would think the movie is too dark for 3D. The movie wasn't shot for either, so I would recommend saving your money and seeing it natural.
    Wow, people have diametrically opposed feelings about this. Some folks at work saw it on the IMAX screen and raved about it. Guess I will take the gamble this weekend.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Blade II
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm thinking about watching the Hellboy series. Anybody seen it that can give some info? Good or bad?
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    I'm thinking about watching the Hellboy series. Anybody seen it that can give some info? Good or bad?
    First one was great, the second was ok.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Mood

Would have liked to have checked out Fright Night this evening, but my preferred theater thought it was wise to divide the screenings throughout the day between 3D and normal, with no over lap, so by the time I was free tonight, my only choices were 3D, which I do not want, and will not pay extra for, either.

So.... maybe sometime later this week. *grumble*

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Would have liked to have checked out Fright Night this evening, but my preferred theater thought it was wise to divide the screenings throughout the day between 3D and normal, with no over lap, so by the time I was free tonight, my only choices were 3D, which I do not want, and will not pay extra for, either.

So.... maybe sometime later this week. *grumble*
    Well, you can save yourself even the price of a 2-D movie ticket and catch the original on Comcast (on demand) for free if you subscribe to it. I saw the original in the theaters when it first came out, and it is still one of my favorite movies.

As for my movie-going self, it all ends tomorrow...Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II on the IMAX screen in 3-D.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - If this movie hadn't been built up so much for me, I probably would have enjoyed it. However, because of all of the positive reviews and the recommendations, I overanalyzed it and found it lacking. I can't believe I'm expecting more from a Planet of the Apes movie, but it should have been just about the apes, with a minimal amount of humans, and better detailing of how they actually rose instead of
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    I'm bummed out. It was funny watching Andy Serkis as a human act like an ape acting like a human.

I don't remember liking either of the Hellboys. The only movie of Del Toro's I like is Pan's, and the best movie he's been involved with is The Orphanage.

For those that have been on the fence about how to view HP and the Deathly Hallows Pt. II, I just saw it today....I recommend seeing it in 3D while on the IMAX, while you can. IMO, it was worth the extra coin. Don't go with the expectation of great "fly in your face" effects" but if you appreciate the sense of depth in terms of scenery and the depth of characters that can also be conveyed by 3 D, you will enjoy it. I have a feeling it will not be playing at IMAX theaters much longer, as there were only about 20 folks viewing the showing today, and most theaters no longer run late showings.

Yes, Man.

I actually enjoyed the movie. I thought this was going to be exactly like Liar, Liar, but it wasn't. It was a more dramatical/every man role mixing in some comedy, and it was a nice change. He's been hit or miss when he goes all out zany humor/crazy face making.

Oh, and also saw Black Swan. I couldn't figure out what was real/fake until the ending. I thought the beginning and ending were excellent, but the middle got to be a bit slow for me. Lesbian scene wasn't exactly what I was hoping for...which I shouldn't have been hoping for too much. On second thought, it's good to know I'm still perverted!
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 08-21-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Now really free Lance!

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

When in Rome - bleh I stopped watching it half way through.

Just Go with it - it was OK to pass the time but nothing really memorable.

Super
    - A lot darker than I anticipated. Interesting take on comic book heroes.

"Super" with Rainn Wilson

Disturbingly interesting.

SHUT UP CRIME!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Mood

What are my VOD options to watch Super these days?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Doctor Who: The End of Time

I've been catching up on the show, up to Series 5 (2010) with Matt Smith. As a sci-fi fan growing up I can't believe I wasn't interested in this show sooner.

What are my VOD options to watch Super these days?
    I watched it on Comcast On Demand - same day as DVD section
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Doctor Who: The End of Time

I've been catching up on the show, up to Series 5 (2010) with Matt Smith. As a sci-fi fan growing up I can't believe I wasn't interested in this show sooner.
    Glad to see another Who fan. EVERY time I mention the show to anyone, I just get a blank look in response. As much as I loved Tennant as Who, I REALLY loved Eccleston. I started watching with him and got hooked.

I'm kinda like you, I devour anything sci-fi and never paid one whit of attention to Dr. Who. When I was a kid, I used to watch the Goodies, then Benny Hill on PBS. Dr. Who was the third show of the evening and I always turned it off. Don't know why.

Although I really like this fifth season, and despite the public love for Matt Smith, I still can't quite cultivate a love for him. I can't wait for you to see River Song.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Mood

I'm someone else who has just never given Dr. Who a look. I suppose one day I will.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    Glad to see another Who fan. EVERY time I mention the show to anyone, I just get a blank look in response. As much as I loved Tennant as Who, I REALLY loved Eccleston. I started watching with him and got hooked.

I'm kinda like you, I devour anything sci-fi and never paid one whit of attention to Dr. Who. When I was a kid, I used to watch the Goodies, then Benny Hill on PBS. Dr. Who was the third show of the evening and I always turned it off. Don't know why.

Although I really like this fifth season, and despite the public love for Matt Smith, I still can't quite cultivate a love for him. I can't wait for you to see River Song.
    I'm someone else who has just never given Dr. Who a look. I suppose one day I will.
    I started with Eccleston in season one back in February. I've seen the 1996 special with the "Eighth" Doctor. Quite interesting. I love how each incarnation of The Doctor is the same person, just a different physical appearance and personality.

David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor is arguably the best Doctor ever, and since now I am getting into the Matt Smith/Steven Moffat era I've grown to like the Eleventh Doctor. River Song was in Series 4, The Library. I heard mixed reactions about her.

The U.S.' largest Doctor Who shop is based in Indianapolis. They have a full-size TARDIS (Hicks, The Doctor's vessel, the time machine TARDIS. It stands for Time and Relative Dimension in Space. It's modeled after an old 1950's British Police Box. It's stayed the same since the first series that started in the 60's.). It's pretty great. www.whona.com is their site. This is the TARDIS:

One thing I have found is you have to be very careful calling it "Dr. Who", abbrevating Doctor. A lot of the diehards get offended. Since his name is "The Doctor". Odd, but oh well.

BTW, Hicks, Doctor Who is on Netflix Instant Watch. Series 1-5 is on there. Plus the specials. You will get many hours of great watching out of it.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 08-22-2011 at 04:21 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who is awesome
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Limitless

Really enjoyed the movie. Definitely worth the rent, but it's not a movie I'd go and buy.

Now really free Lance!

I've watched Dr. Who a few times and while there are certainly a lot of shows that are a lot worse, I didn't like Dr. Who.

Nerd.
    Mood

I"m renting some movies this weekend. Give me some ideas....

Drama?
    Comedy?
    Horror?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rock Star

Watch Mr. Baseball last night. Love that movie!

Now really free Lance!