Page 266 of 349 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316 ... LastLast
Results 6,626 to 6,650 of 8709

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Insidious

I didn't like it. But a good a movie. 3/5

I really enjoyed Captain America, and I'm really excited for the Avengers. Next year is going to be a dynamite year for movies. Spiderman, Dark Knight Rises, and Avengers in the summer, Star Trek (probably), James Bond, and The Hobbit (yay) in the winter. Wow.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Captain America. I enjoyed it. Not as much as X-men: First Class. But way more than Green Lantern.

I am looking forward to the Avengers movie, but not so much Spiderman. Not quite sure what they would do differently.

I'm looking forward to the next Batman movie, but it appears that my hopes will be dashed with the choice of villain. I was hoping that an old wrong, IMO, would have been righted. I always thought that Robin Williams, especially a younger Robin Williams, would have made a superb Riddler. However, that role in the Tim Burton-initiated series of movies went to Jim Carrey. Bad decision, although he was the hot name at the time.

Captain America: This was only 100,000,000% better than I expected it to be.

Honestly I had such low expectations for this film that almost anything would have been better than what I was thinking.

However the way they approached this story was totally different than what I expected from them. While I hate origin films from established characters the way they did this was great.

In fact IMO this was probably the best comic origin story done on film to date.

They truly captured the essence of Steve Rogers and why he is Captain America and not just because of the secret soldier formula. The never give up attitude, the sense of duty, obligation and the absolute hatred for bullies.

If there was anything disappointing to me was that I think the film would have had a much bigger emotional impact if they would have ended with the kids running into action carrying the garbage can lid painted like Cap's shield. I think the future stuff could have been put at the beginning of the movie. But that's just me & it didn't ruin the film for me.

The scenes and frankly the entire scenario where he is being used as a P.R. piece & bonds salesman was both funny & important to the overall storyline as well.

Yea, the more I set here and type about this the more I can say that I really really liked this one.

However I will freely admit to being an Avenger NERD so Captain America is one of my favorite characters, but I also expect a LOT from this character as well.

One thing that has not been talked about by anyone that I have seen is the fact that Captain America kills in this film. Kills several in fact and doesn't bat an eye in doing so. I'm not sure even Wolverine in his films has openly killed so this might be a first (Punisher does not count).

They did not advertise this as well as they should have, although I will say this.

When I went to my theatre on Sunday afternoon (2:45) showing the place was packed and people were lined up out the doors to get tickets. I thought that this was a group of people to see Harry Potter but then I realized that it didn't start for another hour and a half. They were here for Captain America and there were very few empty seats in the actual theatre itself.

Anyway I would highly recommend seeing this film and as always with Marvel movies stay pas the credits or you will miss out.

As to fan boy issues that were present.

1. Winter Soldier sub plot. Not on purpose mind you but the fact that they had Bucky being a sniper was cool for those of you that know what he
    becomes.

2. Arnim Zola, need I say more

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Captain America was really good. Two basic reasons, it was funny and they actually developed the characters.

As far as all that stuff peck posted I have no idea about any of that. It was a well made and good movie.

Wolverine certainly killed people in X2; I can't recall off the top of my head with the other films. Remember when he's protecting the young students from Stryker? Remember Lady Deathstrike?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wolverine certainly killed people in X2; I can't recall off the top of my head with the other films. Remember when he's protecting the young students from Stryker? Remember Lady Deathstrike?
    I don't really remember X2 all that much. I loved X-Men & I really actually liked the Wolverine movie but X2 & X3 were both totally forgetable IMO. In fact X3 I have intentionally blocked out of my mind as it was so bad.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Wow. Shows how two people's opinions can really veer off in different directions. While I agree with X3, I think X2 is the best of all of them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Wow. Shows how two people's opinions can really veer off in different directions. While I agree with X3, I think X2 is the best of all of them.
    I didn't hate X2 but it just wasn't anything special to me. I may have to watch it again as it has been a few years since I've seen it.

BTW the next day & I still love the Captain America movie.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

American History X

Great movie.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:

Got away to catch Harry Potter again tonight. It played better for me this time; I liked it a little more afterwards. I think the less I was looking to see how it compared to the book, the better it played just standing on its own. I can still nitpick it in a lot of ways, but just taking it in for what it is instead of obsessing over what it wasn't, it's mostly a pretty good flick.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Unearthed

Horrible. 0.5/5

transformers 3

Honestly, it was amusing. If you take those movies for what they are, they are entertaining. One of the monster machine things was totally supposed to be the Kraken though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Guess I'll have to give Captain America a chance.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Captain America was in many ways the most patriotic movie I have seen in a long, long time.

By the way, am I the only one who just could not accept that helmet? I liked the costume from the neck down, but the helmet didn't work IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Captain America was in many ways the most patriotic movie I have seen in a long, long time.
    Yes, but it wasn't jingoistic, which is important, especially for how it plays overseas. I thought they walked that tightrope well.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

By the way, am I the only one who just could not accept that helmet? I liked the costume from the neck down, but the helmet didn't work IMO.
    It didn't really work for me, but I went along with it. I do feel that it's going to be very distracting in The Avengers, though.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Rango - Beautiful looking. Most of the quirks worked for me. A little short on non-visual substance. I'm glad I own it.

Horrible Bosses - It was okay. Some really fun parts, some really skippable parts. For whatever reason (studio heads?), Hollywood keeps pumping out poorly written comedy scripts elevated by their casts and directors. Save for the rare Tropic Thunder or Forgetting Sarah Marshall, there are no good comedy scripts being written. The best comedy is obviously on TV currently, maybe it's just a cycle.

Scre4m - It's a piece of ****. Doesn't really need any more than that, but Vince Mancini (aka Armond Jr.) nailed it when the movie came out.
    It is an amazing combination of ambitious, pretentious, narcissistic, and idiotic. It is a remedial-English class slam poem....
    And it’s so tumescent with self-regard that you can’t even enjoy its utter ineptitude.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sling Blade

Brilliant. 5/5

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    Sling Blade

Brilliant. 5/5
    What movies much?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    What movies much?
    I love watching films.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Rango - Beautiful looking. Most of the quirks worked for me. A little short on non-visual substance. I'm glad I own it.
    Aww, I loved Rango..I'm a bit of a Depp Head though, so I'll admit to being biased there.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I saw Cowboys vs. Aliens last night.. It wasn't worth the midnight preview my friends suckered me into doing, especially with work early this morning, but it was pretty good. Would have been better at say 8pm instead of 1 am tho.

Unless you hate movies like that i would recommend catching it sometime. Daniel Craig was awesome.

Cowboys and Aliens

Liked it alot more than I thought I would. Cast does a great job, especially Ford. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a role of his this much, and you kind of get the feeling you could say the same for him.

I will say, if you're going more for the sci-fi than the western elements, you'll be disappointed.