Page 265 of 347 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 8662

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Also cutting out Harry taunting Voldemort was also a major mistake. I love reading that section, you can just tell Voldemort and all his supporters know the end is coming.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 07-18-2011 at 03:10 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also cutting out Harry taunting Voldemort was also a major mistake. I love reading that section, you guys just tell Voldemort and all his supporters know the end is coming.
    The books treated the Malfoy's much better than the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Plus it's a great juxtaposition to many of their other encounters (Voldemort/Harry) usually Voldemort seems to know something Harry doesn't in this case, the tables were turned and Harry takes great advantage of it.

Well it also shows that it's never to late to switch sides, so to speak. I wish I had my book with me, because I forget the wording, but basically the only time Voldemort looks taken aback is when Harry say's he can still repent for what he's done.

Which is why Malfoy's were brought back into the fold, and it shows Draco as an adult living a normal life.

EEDIT: And I know there are a lot of spoilers, but are they really spoilers if the movie doesn't even have it?

I actually thought the movies treated the Malfoy's exactly like the book.

The idea being that, they weren't "bad" at heart, especially Draco (in fact, I thought the movie treated Daddy Malfoy better than the book did) but they were most interested in self preservation.

example being, it was obvious that Draco (and in fact, Tom Felton and girl who plays Luna are probably the best of the young actors) wanted to stay on the side with the other students, but with the pressure of mom and dad, and with things looking like they were going Voldemort's way, he joined the dark side.

What I didn't like, was the way they handled Bellatrix and Voldemort. From him pushing her down when she was trying to help him up, to absolutely no reaction when she died. Bellatrix was on par with Nagini in terms of "closest things Voldemort ever loved" and the movies did not show that.

It's not so much the room it took place in, but rather because everyone else is there to watch it.
    I totally agree. I loved that visual (in my mind, of course) when I got to that part in the book. There's just something about everyone being there, after all of these stories where everyone has their pocket of life, only referring to other people, but now we have them all together, no more talking, here we are, and right in the middle of it is "He Who Shall Not Be Named" and "The Boy Who Lived" squaring off. That was an excellent setup.

Harry explains it all to Voldemort, taunting him about what Voldemort didn't care enough to understand. (love)

It ties everything together. It literally gives everything the whole series is about.
    This keeps making me referenced the end of the last book (kind of fun, actually), and talk about a wasted opportunity by the movie. Would this not be an epic moment had they filmed it?

"Voldemort was now dueling McGonagall, Slughorn, and Kingsley all at once, and there was a cold hatred in his face as they wove and ducked around him, unable to finish him --

Bellatrix was still fighting too, fifty yards away from Voldemort, and like her master she dueled three at once: Hermione, Ginny, and Luna, all battling their hardest, but Bellatrix was equal to them."

That would have been SWEET!

Oh well.

Any way, I went on to read that last scene with Harry and Voldemort, and yeah, it plays way better.

They still would have had to have trimmed it down, but I can envision a scene like that in a movie, where they circle one another like wolves, exchanging their dialog as we cut back and forth between the two staring at one another, and you would probably have their spell-exchange in slow-mo to better appreciate it because in real time it's over and done in a second.

I enjoyed re-reading all of the dialog, but they'd have to revise it so it wasn't just a ton of it, but I like the idea of ending it with their exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    What I didn't like, was the way they handled Bellatrix and Voldemort. From him pushing her down when she was trying to help him up, to absolutely no reaction when she died. Bellatrix was on par with Nagini in terms of "closest things Voldemort ever loved" and the movies did not show that.
    I don't think he loved anybody. But yeah, I just re-read that part; he was screaming when she died, and knocks 3 great wizards on their asses in the process.

I actually thought the movies treated the Malfoy's exactly like the book.

The idea being that, they weren't "bad" at heart, especially Draco (in fact, I thought the movie treated Daddy Malfoy better than the book did) but they were most interested in self preservation.
    They walked away as outcasts, rather than staying in the Great Hall and reassimilating back in to the wizarding world.

Exactly Hicks, having those two battles would have been awesome, it would have been a fitting way to finish the series, as it was in the book.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

They walked away as outcasts, rather than staying in the Great Hall and reassimilating back in to the wizarding world.
    In the book they were "outcasts" in a similar fashion, I believe it was specifically mentioned that they were keeping to themselves.

The end of the movie and book though, Harry and Draco acknowledge each other at Kings Cross. (I thought that scene was exceptionally well done.)

Honestly, for me, the movies will never be anything close to the books, but after the fourth and fifth (although, Umbridge was perfect) and them screwing up my favorite scene in the sixth, this was a really good finish.

As I said, I wish that Alfonso Cuarón had done the entire series, for continuity, and because I thought he made the best/least cheesy, movie, despite wavering from the books the most. Although if it was up to me, I'd have Tim Burton direct all of them. It would have driven a lot of Potter fans mad, but he stays very close to book adaptations, I think his creepy style works..plus..we would have had Johnny Depp for Sirius.

edit: I agree, I don't think "Love" was the correct word for it. I don't even know if "caring" is the correct word. LOL, maybe she was the only person he liked.
    Last edited by Sookie; 07-18-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Horrible Bosses

One of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time.
    Last edited by Constellations; 07-19-2011 at 08:29 PM.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Damned Thing

Not good at all. 1/5
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    Horrible Bosses

One of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time.
    I agree. I have seen it twice already. Actually thought it was even better the second time.

Added: I keep seeing these ads for Friends With Benefits. Really? It is the exact same thing as No Strings Attached or whatever with Ashton Kutcher. That came out like a month ago max. Don't they have any other ideas??
    Last edited by ECKrueger; 07-20-2011 at 10:21 PM.

My wife and I went to see the Harry Potter movie Monday. I had not read the last book, so was not disappointed by how it went. We thought the ending was rather cheesy, but when I found out it went like that in the book it made it easier to take. It was more the way they did it than the actual scene.

We watched the second Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie yesterday. I teach 6th grade so it is even more humorous to me. We enjoyed it.

By the way, all of the complaints about how this series (harry potter) was made is why I will not see the Dark Tower series if it is made into movies. There is just no way it will work. Plus, if they end it like he did, people will not be happy. Ditto for a Wheel of Time movie series as well.
    Last edited by SycamoreKen; 07-21-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    I agree. I have seen it twice already. Actually thought it was even better the second time.

Added: I keep seeing these ads for Friends With Benefits. Really? It is the exact same thing as No Strings Attached or whatever with Ashton Kutcher. That came out like a month ago max. Don't they have any other ideas??
    It is the same thing but they probably were making it at the same time and didn't know about each other. The chick from no strings attached was great and made the movie good but I though they could of got a better actor than Ashton to play the dude.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    It is the same thing but they probably were making it at the same time and didn't know about each other. The chick from no strings attached was great and made the movie good but I though they could of got a better actor than Ashton to play the dude.
    I like Natalie a lot, but I think sometimes she can be terrible in movies..and I thought that time was one of those times..I actually liked Ashton better.

I prefer Mila Kunis in general though though. (A lot of interesting connections between these movies.) The Friends With Benefits is essentially supposed to be more graphic..and I think it's more..they were actually friends first, instead of the nothing that Natalie and Ashton were.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Deaths of Ian Stone

I really loved it. The special FX is really awesome in this film. 4/5

I like Natalie a lot, but I think sometimes she can be terrible in movies..and I thought that time was one of those times..I actually liked Ashton better.

I prefer Mila Kunis in general though though. (A lot of interesting connections between these movies.) The Friends With Benefits is essentially supposed to be more graphic..and I think it's more..they were actually friends first, instead of the nothing that Natalie and Ashton were.
    I still think it is silly how similar and closely released they are. I don't care to see either, but just thought it was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    I still think it is silly how similar and closely released they are. I don't care to see either, but just thought it was weird.
    Well it's really ironic.

In Black Swan, Mila plays the Black Swan to Natalie's White Swan..aka..the pure sweet little girl to the...uh..not so much.

Friends With Benefits is an incredibly similar movie..just not as romantic and more comedy/graphic. (From what I've read, I obviously haven't seen this one.)

Well it's really ironic.

In Black Swan, Mila plays the Black Swan to Natalie's White Swan..aka..the pure sweet little girl to the...uh..not so much.

Friends With Benefits is an incredibly similar movie..just not as romantic and more comedy/graphic. (From what I've read, I obviously haven't seen this one.)
    I am sure they are similarly stupid I bet they fall in love in the end too.

Captain America

The first half is great, then it becomes a generic action film.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Cyrus
    With Jonah Hill and John C Reily and Marissa Tomei.

Funny with some awkwardly sweet moments.

Good concept, but they did not carry it far enough. The previews lead you to think the hi-jinx is full on in this movie, but it really wasn't. Only 96 minutes long. They could of had another 30 minutes in this movie of them 2 pulling pranks and one upping each other.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Captain America.

I liked it. These Marvel films aren't my favorite kind of superhero films, but they're fun and mostly well-done. I'm definitely looking forward to the Avengers.

Between that, the Amazing Spider-Man (which I've really started to come around on after initially being dismissive), and the Dark Knight Rises, Summer 2012 could be an amazing summer for comic book movies. If they all meet expectations, I'm not sure there's ever been a better summer for this genre.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Captain America.

I liked it. These Marvel films aren't my favorite kind of superhero films, but they're fun and mostly well-done. I'm definitely looking forward to the Avengers.

Between that, the Amazing Spider-Man (which I've really started to come around on after initially being dismissive), and the Dark Knight Rises, Summer 2012 could be an amazing summer for comic book movies. If they all meet expectations, I'm not sure there's ever been a better summer for this genre.
    Did you stick around for the Avengers teaser after the credits?

Yep