Page 263 of 348 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 8691

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You called the Social Network "boderline terrible" when it was widely considered one of the best films of the year.
    I agree with graphic-er. The movie was so dull, that I turned it off before the end. Yay, a story about a complete douche. Not my idea of a good movie. Sure the guy was smart and built upon someone else's idea, but he's still an *******.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I agree with graphic-er. The movie was so dull, that I turned it off before the end. Yay, a story about a complete douche. Not my idea of a good movie. Sure the guy was smart and built upon someone else's idea, but he's still an *******.
    but the guy who plays zuckerberg is does such a good job of playing a stuckup dick i thought he made the movie good. He made u want to hate his character and di a great job in the role.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    but the guy who plays zuckerberg is does such a good job of playing a stuckup dick i thought he made the movie good. He made u want to hate his character and di a great job in the role.
    It's funny, that's how I felt about The Dark Knight. Like, Ledger made that movie..everything else about it was dull to me.

Just saw Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. First time I've seen Marilyn Monroe in a movie....so that's where that darn baby voice came from. Pretty good movie. I'm kind of wondering if she pretty much plays the same part in every movie though..

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Me and my friends walked out of the theater so amped up after the movie, just trying to brainstorm awesome ideas. I loved the movie. I thought it was brilliant. The movie was also done very well. Trent Reznor did an excellent job on the music too.

You call Zuckerburg an *******, I call him a genius. I found it very inspirational.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Mood

Me and my friends walked out of the theater so amped up after the movie, just trying to brainstorm awesome ideas. I loved the movie. I thought it was brilliant. The movie was also done very well. Trent Reznor did an excellent job on the music too.

You call Zuckerburg an *******, I call him a genius. I found it very inspirational.
    he is both

and about the music whats the song called as the movie starts?
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 07-13-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    he is both

and about the music whats the song called as the movie starts?
    From looking at the soundtracks wiki it looks to be Hand Covers Bruise

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You mean during the bar scene?

That's Ball and a Biscuit by The White Stripes.

Thats just it, he never actually thought up an original idea, just used others and copied their ideas, and screwed them over when the time was right. Thats not very genius or inspirational.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Thats just it, he never actually thought up an original idea, just used others and copied their ideas, and screwed them over when the time was right. Thats not very genius or inspirational.
    No. The fact is that the twins weren't smart enough to write the code for the ideas , Mark was. So therefore, he was a genius by acting fast with yes, someone's idea, but in a ninja like manner.

I agree to the film being inspirational. I also agree that each character in the movie, are indeed douche bags.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

I thought Horrible Bosses was pretty darn funny. I recommend it to most. It is a little vulgar though, although it did not bother me. That's the way it is these days.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Everything is a Remix Part 3 from Kirby Ferguson on Vimeo.

You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You know, you really don't need a forensics team to get to the bottom of this. If you guys were the inventors of Facebook, you'd have invented Facebook.
    Yep

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Well facebook wasn't that original of an idea by the twins either. If the twins made facebook, there would be no facebook. It never would have gotten off the ground. Zuckerberg was a genius in what he did. I dont know if anyone else would have gotten Facebook to where it is today.

The movie had brilliant acting, great drama, great writing/story line, and it pretty much delivered in every aspect, which is why it was regarded as being one of, if not the best movie of the year. I didn't think Inception was going to be topped when I saw it, but Social Network did it.

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega View Post
    I watched the movie Big Fan starring Patton Oswalt

I enjoyed the flick. It is not academy award worthy but is a good story line. It is about a die-hard new york giants fan & really worth a viewing if you consider yourself 'die hard'.
    I think there was more going on there than 'just a big fan'.

He had all the markings of Asperger syndrome.

Nerd.
    Mood

After watching Social Network, I wanted to poison the lead character and watch him die a slow death...and this is from an avid facebook user, so I like his product.

I think the whole bar conversation at the beginning is true. He's a true a$$hole. And for that, I could never respect him.

Social Network isn't the real story. It's been touched by Hollywood. Interestingly enough, the only details the cared to get right was his wardrobe. That's it.

http://www.slate.com/id/2269308/

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't think Inception was going to be topped when I saw it, but Social Network did it.

Follow me at @Bluejbgold

HP7.5

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    HP7.5

Was supposed to go to the midnight showing, obviously didn't. But will be watching it in 1hr 2mins.

HP7.5

The first one I really really really liked.

Mood

I quite liked it.

HP. LOVED it. I'm going to have to go back and watch it again.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Unless it's sold out, I will be going to see Potter tomorrow afternoon in Richmond. Pretty excited.

Mood

Horrible Bosses

wow it is really great. The 3 main characters feed off each other so well reminded me of hangover 1. and Jennifer A was hilarious. My favorite scene had to be the pee man scene. This movie was brilliant

Harry Potter 7 part 2

I thought it was good. But i don't agree/ like with the ending I would of changed it if i was in charge.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 07-16-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Saw the last Potter movie.

First of all, it bears mentioning that I think the sound was messed up at the Richmond theater I saw it in. I felt like the volume was about 75%-80% of what it ought to have been, and it seemed like there wasn't always music where I have the feeling there actually IS music.

With that out of the way, and acknowledging that the above probably, if not definitely, played a role, it kind of fell flat to me. Yet I wouldn't say it was bad, either.

I definitely need to see it again, hopefully somewhere with proper audio, but for now I was left somewhat underwhelmed, though I have to say there are still some nice moments.

There were emotional moments that touched me, but I felt like there were certain scenes that had the potential to deliver a 10/10 gut wrenching moment, but instead we're given about a 6/10 instead. (Particularly the part outside of the Forbidden Forest, though the bit between Harry and Hermione just prior got me to tear up a bit).

For those who are Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans, remember when Buffy has a very similar moment before she goes down to the sewer to face The Master? Sarah Michelle Geller knocks an identical line out of the park, whereas Radcliffe does not.

I'd read some reviews talking about how the movie gives plenty of nods/moments to various players, but they all seem to be kind of like a checklist; here and then suddenly done and moving on. I tend to agree, but not always. Over the last several years, as I've grown more mature, I've really come to appreciate movies that let scenes breathe, so I'm more and more turned off when things don't get to take a full breath and have an exhale, so to speak. Sometimes this movie fell victim to not letting things stretch out just a little bit.

My audience members didn't help in other cases by giggling at things I didn't think were meant to be funny, but I've had far worse audiences, too.

I dunno; I feel bad for being so negative; it's another solid effort in the series, but I can't help feeling like I got a 7/10 when it could have been a 9/10, somehow.

As I did in the book, I really liked the epilogue.

As I did in the book, I felt underwhelmed by the climactic moment.

And getting back to the F. Forest scene, they could have milked a lot more emotion out of that, both heading in, and while we're still in there. Maybe they wanted to keep things from being too dark; I dunno.

All in all, I definitely want to give this another shot before it leaves theaters so I can hopefully hear it all properly (I'm crossing my fingers for more music, which can easily stir my emotions if done well), and really I'm getting an itch to re-read at least chunks of Deathly Hallows to re-experience it in that medium.

Funny enough, part 1 stirred my emotions more than this one did. Never expected that to happen. I will say that I'd love a chance to watch it as one uninterrupted movie someday. I re-watched part 1 on blu-ray this morning to prepare, but that's not the same thing.

Oh, and I didn't get the Dark Knight Rises Teaser. I know it's barely anything, but I love the Nolan Batman films, and I still wanted to see it. I wish they'd hurry up with getting it online (and not as a boot leg).