Page 262 of 346 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 8634

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #6526
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  3. #6527
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,235
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I gotta be honest. I was all geeked to see it for the mindless spectacle of it, but my wife and I saw that running time and sadly backed off. Did the running time bother you guys or did it keep your interest? I mean, hell, seeing Transformers is like seeing the Godfather part II. I was willing to give up my time for that movie. Just don't know if I want to hit a theater for that long for Transformers.
    Off the top of my head, the beginning does start kinda slow.

    Spoiler Spoiler:
    .

    Then in the third act, there is a massive assault on a building which seems to go one for at least 15 minutes it seemed.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  4. #6528
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    "Holy Rollers"

    Pretty good.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  5. #6529
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought it was pretty funny but it was made for my age group. So i can see older people finding it crude and not funny but i though it was funny. Not great but a bunch of laughs.
    Just now went back and saw your review of this.

    Funny how you say that you thought it was made for your age group because I walked out of the theatre telling my wife that I didn't think younger people would enjoy that because I thought it was for our age groupe.

    The music was from my youth, the actors for the most part were in their late 30's and the humor (when it was there) seemed more geared for someone who had some age on them.

    I guess if we both felt that way then the directors must have done better than either of us thought.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  7. #6530
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

    Thought this would be this generations Secret of Nimh, but I was pretty disappointed.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  8. #6531
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Horrible Bosses: Had some very funny moments but overall I was slightly disappointed. However to be fair I almost had to drag my wife out of the theatre as she thought this was one of the most hilarious films she has ever seen. So I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.

    Now on the other matter at hand. Remember during Bad teacher I said that Cameron Diaz was not aging well.

    Well let me make sure to give props to Jennifer Aniston. She is aging better than a person has a right to.

    She actually was one of the highlights of the film to me, not just because of her looks but I thought her character was funny.

    Either way I think more people will like this than don't so I would say yes you should see this.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  9. #6532
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Larry Crowne

    Tom Hanks is the best!

  10. #6533
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I decided to take a break this afternoon and rent a couple of flicks.

    Conan Can't Stop.

    It was okay, but I've become less and less of a fan the past year or so, and this didn't really steer me in a different direction than the one I was already headed. But that's not really a comment on the production of the movie, but rather Conan himself. The movie does what you'd think: Gives you a sense of how his life was during his, "Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television" tour. Left me feeling like I would never want to do that.

    Also saw Source Code.

    Source Code was decently made and fairly entertaining; I thought it was good enough. However, the plot doesn't make any sense, especially by the end. I enjoyed Jake Gyllenhaal's performance.

  11. #6534
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,235
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Smokin Aces

    Meh.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  12. #6535
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,754

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I thought Horrible Bosses was really, really funny. Actually I heard prior that Jennifer Aniston was the best part of the movie so maybe I was expecting too much so overall I thought her character was a bit too over-the-top and a bit annoying, funny though.

    More than anything I just thought the situations the three guys found themselves in were the best part of the movie. Maybe the scenes with Jamie Fox were some of the best and when they broke into the house
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-11-2011 at 08:49 AM.

  13. #6536
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,550

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Larry Crown: 3/10. I know Tom Hanks means well and is a talented guy, but this just a lifeless bore. The only character that stood out at all was the Dibiasi guy from his class. Otherwise I didn't really care for any aspect of the movie. My girlfriend really liked it though, so I guess that's worth whatever.

    Horrible Bosses: 9/10. Hilarious, well-acted, and a great way to waste time. I'll watch anything with Jason Sudeikas. Definitely my favorite comedy actor right now. Charlie Day, Jamie Foxx and Kevin Spacey (who I usually find extremely ho-hum and unmemorable) were great in this as well. And Jennifer Aniston had the best line of the movie by far:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  14. #6537
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry Crown: 3/10. I know Tom Hanks means well and is a talented guy, but this just a lifeless bore. The only character that stood out at all was the Dibiasi guy from his class. Otherwise I didn't really care for any aspect of the movie. My girlfriend really liked it though, so I guess that's worth whatever.

    Horrible Bosses: 9/10. Hilarious, well-acted, and a great way to waste time. I'll watch anything with Jason Sudeikas. Definitely my favorite comedy actor right now. Charlie Day, Jamie Foxx and Kevin Spacey (who I usually find extremely ho-hum and unmemorable) were great in this as well. And Jennifer Aniston had the best line of the movie by far:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Larry Crowne would of sucked if Tom Hanks didn't play Larry. I didn't like the story but Tom Hanks is brilliant and makes movies enjoyable 4 me.

  15. #6538
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,550

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry Crowne would of sucked if Tom Hanks didn't play Larry. I didn't like the story but Tom Hanks is brilliant and makes movies enjoyable 4 me.

    I believe that, considering it sucked and he DID play Larry. This was just a really uneventful plot with pretty unmemorable characters and not a whole lot of effort by anyone in the cast. I've never seen Julia Roberts look more bored by a movie role. The only scenes with any life had Cedric the Entertainer in them, and that kinda says a lot.

  16. #6539
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Dreams In the Witch House
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  17. #6540
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dreams In the Witch House
    Never even heard of it. I looked it up on imdb, and doesn't sound good. How was it?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  18. #6541
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe that, considering it sucked and he DID play Larry. This was just a really uneventful plot with pretty unmemorable characters and not a whole lot of effort by anyone in the cast. I've never seen Julia Roberts look more bored by a movie role. The only scenes with any life had Cedric the Entertainer in them, and that kinda says a lot.
    lol ya Cedric was actually very good he is a good Yard sells-man lol .

  19. #6542
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,404

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't even understand, was this directed at me?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  20. #6543
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I watched the movie Big Fan starring Patton Oswalt

    I enjoyed the flick. It is not academy award worthy but is a good story line. It is about a die-hard new york giants fan & really worth a viewing if you consider yourself 'die hard'.

  21. #6544
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Life Aquatic one of the worst movies i have ever seen

  22. #6545
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,404

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Life Aquatic one of the worst movies i have ever seen
    It had its moments. I thought the part where they were raiding the Pirate compound was hilarous. Also the Portuguese guy singing old Bowie hits.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  23. #6546
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never even heard of it. I looked it up on imdb, and doesn't sound good. How was it?
    It's not very good. It's part of the "Masters of Horror" series. I highly don't recommend it.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  24. #6547
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    School for Scoundrels

    very funny and pretty good

  25. #6548
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,836

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't even understand, was this directed at me?
    You called the Social Network "boderline terrible" when it was widely considered one of the best films of the year.

  26. #6549
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Dance of the Dead
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  27. #6550
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,623

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Zombieland (Pretty good, but not quite as good as I thought it would be)

    Terminator Salvation (Better than I thought it would be, but nowhere close to 1 and 2)


    Yes, I'm just a little behind in my moving watching.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •